Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Trade him for Kastelic and a pick.
Kastelic gets LOB out of the lineup anyway.

He’s also a right shot center who wins 57% of his draws, so that’s a useful specialty. As a 4C, he’s not that great but not that bad. He’s half a decade younger than LOB and makes him unnecessary.

Hayton
Cooley
McBain
Kastelic

That’s not very skilled (outside of Cooley) but is pretty heavy and solid and physical (outside of Cooley).

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Kastelic gets LOB out of the lineup anyway.

He’s also a right shot center who wins 57% of his draws, so that’s a useful specialty. As a 4C, he’s not that great but not that bad. He’s half a decade younger than LOB and makes him unnecessary.

Hayton
Cooley
McBain
Kastelic

That’s not very skilled (outside of Cooley) but is pretty heavy and solid and physical (outside of Cooley).
He’s also got Arizona ties.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Garrioch says Sens like Dumba
I heard that before. I heard Dumba on a new deal and something else to the Sens for Norris. I didn't think much of it because it sounds far fetched, and I still think it is, but if Norris is available, I think he could be a player of interest.

Reactions: moosemeister

rt

May 13, 2004
I heard that before. I heard Dumba on a new deal and something else to the Sens for Norris. I didn't think much of it because it sounds far fetched, and I still think it is, but if Norris is available, I think he could be a player of interest.
Norris has value closer Keller’s than to Dumba’s. Not saying he’s worth as much as Keller, but he’s in a whole different league from Dumba as far as trade value.

He’s also got Arizona ties.
True.

@mouser - quick Q: since we have not yet put guys like Little and Voracek on LTIR - is there any benefit for a cap team looking to add players at the deadline to acquire these guys and then LTIR them? Would they gain space since they have not yet been LTIR?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We may need those guys to hit the floor if we move out Dumba and/or Zucker and/or Vej.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Norris has value closer Keller’s than to Dumba’s. Not saying he’s worth as much as Keller, but he’s in a whole different league from Dumba as far as trade value.

True.

@mouser - quick Q: since we have not yet put guys like Little and Voracek on LTIR - is there any benefit for a cap team looking to add players at the deadline to acquire these guys and then LTIR them? Would they gain space since they have not yet been LTIR?
I understand Norris is in a different league than Dumba, but what I'm saying is if Norris is available he could be of interest. Norris has a big contract, has had injury problems as well. Maybe could be a buy low, but it could be a big risk as well with that contract. All I know is our C talent behind Cooley sucks.

rt

May 13, 2004
I understand Norris is in a different league than Dumba, but what I'm saying is if Norris is available he could be of interest. Norris has a big contract, has had injury problems as well. Maybe could be a buy low, but it could be a big risk as well with that contract. All I know is our C talent behind Cooley sucks.
I’ll give them dumba and add Schmaltz and offer them the two 2nds they gave us for Chcyhrun.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
All I know is our C talent behind Cooley sucks.
Ima assume that since you're no doubt addressing the guy that breaks bones while public skating and also disparages NHL talent (that dwarfs his obvious incapability), that you are merely speaking to him "in his own language," considering your recent post about no longer knocking NHL talent. Yes?

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Nope. Teams don't gain cap space by acquiring LTIR players. If a team acquiries Voracek, yes they could have a payroll up to $8.25m higher. However by acquiring Voracek they've now increased their payroll by his $8.25m contract. So the net gain in free space is $8.25m contract minus $8.25m in LTIR relief = $0 new cap space.

Both Little and Voracek are insured per media reports. Insurance is paying 80% of Voracek's contract, and either 80% or 60% of Little's contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog

rt

May 13, 2004
Nope. Teams don't gain cap space by acquiring LTIR players. If a team acquiries Voracek, yes they could have a payroll up to $8.25m higher. However by acquiring Voracek they're no increased their payroll by his $8.25m contract. So the net gain in free space is $8.25m contract minus $8.25m in LTIR relief = $0 new cap space.

Both Little and Voracek are insured per media reports. Insurance is paying 80% of Voracek's contract, and either 80% or 60% of Little's contract.
Thanks! Does it have any ramifications for “LTIR Pool”?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

1707945931775.png

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Whether a contract is insured or not has no impact on the salary cap or LTIR if that's what you're asking.
Sorry. Meant any impact of adding Voracek on managing the LTIR pool. Like when you have a player on LTIR expected to return during the season. If a team has 1 LTIR player that returns during the season then you have to have the cap space for him to come off LTIR or wait until after the trade deadline to take them off. If you have 2 players on LTIR (one permanently, one who should return soon) then you're still able to exceed the cap ceiling by whatever the LTIR pool of the player permanently on LTIR is.

Or am I way off?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Sorry. Meant any impact of adding Voracek on managing the LTIR pool. Like when you have a player on LTIR expected to return during the season. If a team has 1 LTIR player that returns during the season then you have to have the cap space for him to come off LTIR or wait until after the trade deadline to take them off. If you have 2 players on LTIR (one permanently, one who should return soon) then you're still able to exceed the cap ceiling by whatever the LTIR pool of the player permanently on LTIR is.

Or am I way off?

No benefit to adding Voracek. Same principle applies, Voracek still consumes $8.25m of cap space and provides $8.25m in LTIR relief. Those two numbers cancel out for no net gain in free cap space.

Reactions: rt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad