Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
i think you are just upgrading the picks. 4th and Dumba to get a 2nd and maybe a future 7th or both picks in 2038. something like that.
I’d be okay with that.

I do want to see BA bolster Tucson though. Get some high end career AHLers so we can call up Doan and Soderstrom to give them a handful of NHL games and not decimate Tucson.

Send them all down for the playoffs and let them try to win one. They’ve been a great team this year.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
How many of the 10 2nds would it take?

1707866253627.png

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Sadly with the state we are in we would need to trade for players with term. Would love to get him but without an extension.. to risky

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Could Hanifin really be had without a first rounder? I'm skeptical that any amount of second rounders would get it done if all that's involved is picks.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Could Hanifin really be had without a first rounder? I'm skeptical that any amount of second rounders would get it done if all that's involved is picks.
I am sure you are correct but...here's the thing...I don't want to see us give a 1st rounder so we have to dream about them taking a quantity of lesser picks :)

Reactions: Kai Yo T

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If he’s unwilling to sign a 60 million dollar deal in Calgary, I have to think it’s because he wants to go to the open market.

I also think if he’s traded, he will definitely bring back a first round pick.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
1st 2024, 2nd 2024 and Soda for Noah Dobson. I believe he has 3 years still left on his contact.PS this is probably the first trade offer I have ever came up with on these boards lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I think if you resolve the arena issue you try to woo Hanifin in the offseason, pending him ending up a UFA of course. Don’t see much reason to trade for him now, unless they go on some miracle run the rest of February

Reactions: Kaizen and Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sadly with the state we are in we would need to trade for players with term. Would love to get him but without an extension.. to risky
I would hope that an extension would be in place, like a sign and trade.

1st 2024, 2nd 2024 and Soda for Noah Dobson. I believe he has 3 years still left on his contact.PS this is probably the first trade offer I have ever came up with on these boards lol.
That won't even get you Dobson's used jock.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
If he’s unwilling to sign a 60 million dollar deal in Calgary, I have to think it’s because he wants to go to the open market.

I also think if he’s traded, he will definitely bring back a first round pick.
...or a recent 1st rounder!

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I’m not willing to trade anyone BA drafted in the 1st for Noah Hanifin.

———

Who says no?

To TBL
Dumba (50%)
Zucker (50%)
EDM ‘24 3rd

To ARI
Jeannot
I agree. I think the time has past to trade for Hanifin. Just talking about the cost...

Still would like to get Bahl back, it may be trade made in the off-season.

Thought about K'Andre Miller for Schmaltz trade...

Would TB really do that trade?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I agree. I think the time has past to trade for Hanifin. Just talking about the cost...

Still would like to get Bahl back, it may be trade made in the off-season.

Thought about K'Andre Miller for Schmaltz trade...
K’Andre Miller is worth more than Hanifin.
Would TB really do that trade?
I don’t know. Jeannot hasn’t worked out like they hoped and Sergachev isn’t coming back for the playoffs and they have ZERO assets left to trade and this is the beginning of the end of the window as a Stamkos is UFA and they have no capspace outside of LTIR.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Dumba, sure….if there’s a taker and there probably will be. A vet 3rd pair D will be valuable depth piece for a contender.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I’m not willing to trade anyone BA drafted in the 1st for Noah Hanifin.

———

Who says no?

To TBL
Dumba (50%)
Zucker (50%)
EDM ‘24 3rd

To ARI
Jeannot
If the Cap works and I'm Tampa I take it and run.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
if youre CALG which is better BOS or VAN 1st (prolly 28-31OA) or 3 x 2nds - (40-50OA range) ?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

I don’t know. Jeannot hasn’t worked out like they hoped and Sergachev isn’t coming back for the playoffs and they have ZERO assets left to trade and this is the beginning of the end of the window as a Stamkos is UFA and they have no capspace outside of LTIR.
That would take a big TB pride swallow considering what they gave up for Jeannot but I would sure welcome him with open arms.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
the UFAs-
zucker - vet on 44pt/82g pace +4 - would be solid 3rd liner @50% has value
dumba - vet has physical game - 4/5 D @50% some value -could see soft team like TML want him
brown, dermott, obrien - minimal value on contender -
stecher - see when comes back if has value

Id see if could get zucker + 2nd = late 1st or + 4th = 2nd
dumba see if can get a change of scenery AHLer
stecher they resign he is +7 best on D - he is solid bottom pair that doesnt kill you if have to move up for a stretch.
if dermott ok w 7th D think they bring him back
same for boyd if ok w 13F they bring him back

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Why do you say Miller is worth more than Hanifin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad