Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It would take a miracle for the Coyote's to make the playoffs this year, and the players know this. BA said his goal this year is for the team to play meaningful games, and so far they have. Right now the Coyote's are five pts. out of the playoffs, and % wise will end up at around 85 pts. but that is playing their easiest part of the schedule. I believe BA will only make a trade if it helps the team long term. I see zero sense in wasting assets to get the team into the playoffs this year only to lose in the first round, unless the asset we get in the trade is long term. There is no use complaining about the paste, rather look forward to the future, which hopefully will be bright. I believe BA will stay the course

Why are you happy with the Chychrun trade? The player we got hasn't even made the team. Way to early to decide either way.
I wouldn't say its a miracle for us to make the playoffs, we are close enough, lets see what the next week holds. Making it in is the first step and if thats this year, next year or the year after. Regardless, we likely lose in round one anyway. The sooner we make it in the better, get the first round loss over with, then we can take the next step. We will be lucky to get a second for Zucker. I would be willing to trade a second if we are close to a playoff spot to improve the team and get in this year, nice if its not a pure rental, and somebody on D or O that is better than Zucker/Dumba. That experience of being in the playoffs will help us.

Edit: When your boy Hayton returns, we will start rolling:)

Last edited:
Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Selected none based on current team trajectory of competitively missing the playoffs.

Dumba and Zucker were the big adds this offseason who signed deals allowing themselves to be trade eligible.

For Dumba, I think there's more value keeping him than trading him as he can play the harder minutes and shelter the young guys. I also doubt his return is great and he's likely getting salary retained if he goes. I'd value his mentorship and eating the harder minutes more than the likely poor return he'd fetch.

For Zucker, it's a toss-up between whether his return is anything decent, and he'd definitely be retained on. If we get a 2nd round pick out of him, do we really need that, already having 3, 4, and 3 in the next 3 drafts. To me, he's worth more to keep around than that and I'd want Guenther and Cooley to have him around to learn from.

Stecher, Brown, and Dermott aren't going to fetch anything much and we don't need loss of the pitiful defensive depth we already have.

Armstrong did so nicely acquiring so many 2nds the past couple of seasons that now it's like, why bother.

I have not considered adding some of those extra 2nds and 3rds along with some of these guys to get a good prospect or upgrade to another 1st rounder, but I'd be more open to that.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn't say its a miracle for us to make the playoffs, we are close enough, lets see what the next week holds. Making it in is the first step and if thats this year, next year or the year after. Regardless, we likely lose in round one anyway. The sooner we make it in the better, get the first round loss over with, then we can take the next step. We will be lucky to get a second for Zucker. I would be willing to trade a second if we are close to a playoff spot to improve the team and get in this year, nice if its not a pure rental, and somebody on D or O that is better than Zucker/Dumba. That experience of being in the playoffs will help us.

Edit: When your boy Hayton returns, we will start rolling:)
I agree, except for your edit.:) I don't think trading a second will return a player to help this team long term.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Selected none based on current team trajectory of competitively missing the playoffs.

Dumba and Zucker were the big adds this offseason who signed deals allowing themselves to be trade eligible.

For Dumba, I think there's more value keeping him than trading him as he can play the harder minutes and shelter the young guys. I also doubt his return is great and he's likely getting salary retained if he goes. I'd value his mentorship and eating the harder minutes more than the likely poor return he'd fetch.

For Zucker, it's a toss-up between whether his return is anything decent, and he'd definitely be retained on. If we get a 2nd round pick out of him, do we really need that, already having 3, 4, and 3 in the next 3 drafts. To me, he's worth more to keep around than that and I'd want Guenther and Cooley to have him around to learn from.

Stecher, Brown, and Dermott aren't going to fetch anything much and we don't need loss of the pitiful defensive depth we already have.

Armstrong did so nicely acquiring so many 2nds the past couple of seasons that now it's like, why bother.

I have not considered adding some of those extra 2nds and 3rds along with some of these guys to get a good prospect or upgrade to another 1st rounder, but I'd be more open to that.
Who knows what happens at TTD. I have no idea what our D will look like other than Moser and Durzi are locks. After that who knows.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
94 pts is what currently secures the 2nd wild card spot.

Therefore, we need 44 pts over our final 31 games, which means we need to capture 71% of the pts available from here on out.

While not impossible, considering our team's weaknesses, it ain't happening.

Does BA see it this way?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Therefore, we need 44 pts over our final 31 games, which means we need to capture 71% of the pts available from here on out.

Does BA see it this way?
Yes, I think he does.

Dumba and Zucker are going. Maybe in a package?

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think the returns for those two could be similar to Ritchie and Stecher last year. Not a lot of value coming back, just sending a “good soldier” to a playoff team which was likely part of the original agreement when they signed.

Praying that the weak goalie market sees someone bite on Vej.

Beyond these 3 there is nothing else to trade.

Reactions: Kai Yo T and lanky

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yes, removing both is likely an upgrade in itself. Trade Zucker, Dumba, and Vejmelka for Doan, Soderstrom, and Villalta.

Reactions: lanky

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Oh I think they should go but for players. A hockey trade no more picks and contracts crap.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think the returns for those two could be similar to Ritchie and Stecher last year. Not a lot of value coming back, just sending a “good soldier” to a playoff team which was likely part of the original agreement when they signed.

Praying that the weak goalie market sees someone bite on Vej.

Beyond these 3 there is nothing else to trade.
Agree.

Oddly, I think we’d get the most for Bjugstad and Kerfoot given the center market and what we’ve seen recently. But I’d rather not. I think this two are very helpful insulation for the likes of Cooley and Guenther. And honestly even Keller and Schmaltz who have major warts.

Yes, removing both is likely an upgrade in itself. Trade Zucker, Dumba, and Vejmelka for Doan, Soderstrom, and Villalta.
Now THIS is what I’m talking about (except Veggie, who I’d rather just keep and hope he gets hot and ups his value for next season).

Reactions: Mosby

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Oh I think they should go but for players. A hockey trade no more picks and contracts crap.
Prospects? Or current NHLers?

TDL buyers would be willing to move prospects for players, but they won't be blue chip prospects. And Bill has been clear in the past that he prefers picks over prospects because then the Coyotes can foster the relationship with the kid right from the start

If you want to sell Dumba and Zucker for other NHLers, well that just doesn't happen at the deadline, outside of cap dumps.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Does BA see it this way?
BA knew that at the start of the year. BA wasn't expecting a playoff berth. Next year is different.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Still want to dump Vej. I’d be more open to keeping him if his money was more in line but he’s currently making three times what his play is reflecting.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Still want to dump Vej. I’d be more open to keeping him if his money was more in line but he’s currently making three times what his play is reflecting.
BA gave Veggie the money because he believes in him, and isn't Veggie a BA's signing? Veggie's SV% is almost identical the last three years. I guess, he is what he is.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’m good with trading UFA’s for picks. Just please for the love of god no more dead contracts. That to me is no longer a viable option for picks just for optics alone.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m good with trading UFA’s for picks. Just please for the love of god no more dead contracts. That to me is no longer a viable option for picks just for optics alone.
ROI isn’t there anyway due to market conditions.

I think BA said those days are over.
As much for the reduction in value as anything.

Yes, I think he does.

Dumba and Zucker are going. Maybe in a package?
Zucker (50%) and Dumba (50%) to Vegas for Whitecloud.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Not expecting any first rounders this year. Maybe not even second rounders

I think 3rd and 4th rounders and solid AHL players to move Tucson over the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad