GDT: Trade Deadline (Friday, March 8 @ 3PM) Thread

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Uhh, I can tell you that there is no one interested in Olofsson. He will be lucky to get a contract next year. No one wants a black hole in their forward ranks.
Gmka said this year was for evaluating talent and to determine roster needs. At least that’s what I remember.

I think trade mitts for Bo was aggressive and defence was a team need. Getting rid of ko and Eric Johnson creates opportunities for some up and comers which I will expect to see

Part of me says ko was traded to stop granato from putting him on top line. And same for trade for Eric Johnson .

This year is toast. Gmka and granato will be judged on next year. I expect coaching organizations changes.

There is talent here.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
unbelievable... that idiot Adams should be driven out of Buffalo with wet rags. Olofsson for what?!? Girgensons for what?!? Nobody can tell me that there was no one interested in Olofsson in particular
What role would he fit on a contender? Most contending teams have their top 9 set. Oloffson isn’t exactly a guy that is known for making others better. He doesn’t play a game that fits playoff hockey. He’s not dynamic enough to be an attractive target for non-contenders to spend assets for. He might be a late in the offseason addition for someone if he doesn’t sign in Buffalo.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Gmka said this year was for evaluating talent and to determine roster needs. At least that’s what I remember.

I think trade mitts for Bo was aggressive and defence was a team need. Getting rid of ko and Eric Johnson creates opportunities for some up and comers which I will expect to see

Part of me says ko was traded to stop granato from putting him on top line. And same for trade for Eric Johnson .

This year is toast. Gmka and granato will be judged on next year. I expect coaching organizations changes.

There is talent here.
Clague and Jost are the beneficiaries of the KO and EJ trades.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Friedman scrambling for things to fill his 32 thoughts makes up something or at the very least overplays Tuch stuff. Which turns “teams calling about Tuch” into a self fulfilling prophecy as teams read that and start calling.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
He's absolutely right that our best players need to play like our best players.

Buuuuut.......a few veteran leaders who can still play roles we need would not hurt in any way
The org seems to have developed this idea that veterans = completely washed players whose only value is in the locker room

I'm not saying break the bank, but if you could get, say, a decent veteran 2 way middle 6 winger to guard against potential injuries and ensure guys are slotted appropriately in the lineup (i.e. you're not banking on quantum leaps from Benson or other young players, Greenway is more a top 9 guy vs. top 6 guy, etc), how is that a bad move?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Well enjoy your weekend guys, Im going back to being Sabreless.

I guess Im cheering for Florida to win (which makes me shutter) because I would like to see Okposo win a ring. I also hate Vegas even more than I already did.

Why can't hockey be fun.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

I guess Im cheering for Florida to win (which makes me shutter) because I would like to see Okposo win a ring. I also hate Vegas even more than I already did.

Why can't hockey be fun.

Hockey is fun when the team you cheer for doesn’t make Roseanne seem like a hilarious comedienne

Reactions: oldgoalie

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The majority of whom are UFAs. The ones that weren't have NMC. Who of the players moved today none were worth getting.
I get it, Adams is so crappy those players that moved today were the only ones available. I see where you are coming from.

Your statement says Adams couldn't have landed a player not traded today by making a team an offer they find acceptable because Adams isn't that good to pry a player away from their team.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He's absolutely right that our best players need to play like our best players.

Buuuuut.......a few veteran leaders who can still play roles we need would not hurt in any way
So we have to just hope Jeff Skinner decides to totally change his game at 31, no one gets injured, and all of the young kids have career years. Sounds easy enough.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The org seems to have developed this idea that veterans = completely washed players whose only value is in the locker room

I'm not saying break the bank, but if you could get, say, a decent veteran 2 way middle 6 winger to guard against potential injuries and ensure guys are slotted appropriately in the lineup (i.e. you're not banking on quantum leaps from Benson or other young players, Greenway is more a top 9 guy vs. top 6 guy, etc), how is that a bad move?
The “best players” are not that good. They need better ones. None play the way they need to be a playoff team. Skinner? Yeah right. Thompson? Not a top line C. I get not being pressed at the tdl. But saying that the room is set is ludicrous. More youth. Yeah.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Why can't hockey be fun.
I'm cheering for Vancouver and Winnipeg (only because they're the little engine that could). I'm actually looking forward to it.

Reactions: oldgoalie

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I get it, Adams is so crappy those players that moved today were the only ones available. I see where you are coming from.

Your statement says Adams couldn't have landed a player not traded today by making a team an offer they find acceptable because Adams isn't that good to pry a player away from their team.
He did make a hockey trade with getting Byram. Rarely those moves you want to see happen at deadline day. If he doesn't do major additions in the offseason then I can justify the anger most of you have.

Reactions: Sabreality

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
He did make a hockey trade with getting Byram. Rarely those moves you want to see happen at deadline day. If he doesn't do major additions in the offseason then I can justify the anger most of you have.
Onto Adams year 5 of a 3 year plan from 15 years ago.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I find the now we're adding guys to help us win instead of for leadership more worrying. Why wasn't he doing that in the last bunch of years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad