GDT: Trade Deadline (Friday, March 8 @ 3PM) Thread

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Adams seemed to imply that the Mittelstadt for Byram trade is a precursor for improving the team in the off-season.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Did Girgensons actually nix a trade, or did he publicly say he didn't want to be traded? I may have missed it, but he has no trade protection. Seems more likely that Adams didn't feel there was a reasonable trade offer on the table than assuming Girgs had no interest in playing in the post-season.

IMO, it's a combo of both being true. My guess is that Zem had/has a preference of staying here, but was OK with going elsewhere if KA got a good offer on him. Said offer never developed, so Zem wasn't just dealt for whatever KA could get.

Reactions: Grinder44

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Kevyn Adams - I have confidence Krebs can fill the role.

Granato overhearing the comment
dog-ears-orelles-gos.gif

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I mean, he did have 28 goals last season.

The organization mismanaged the situation and didn't capitalize when his value was high(er).

Following up a 28-goal season by being healthy scratched almost every single game sends a clear message to the rest of the league. If they weren't going to use him they should have found some way, any way, to move him last summer. By not doing so, and then not playing him, its management's fault they're paying a guy nearly $5M to not play.
I don't think they really wanted to keep him. It was a tough contract for the player. Then Quinn goes down and they convince themselves they need him.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I mean, he did have 28 goals last season.

The organization mismanaged the situation and didn't capitalize when his value was high(er).

Following up a 28-goal season by being healthy scratched almost every single game sends a clear message to the rest of the league. If they weren't going to use him they should have found some way, any way, to move him last summer. By not doing so, and then not playing him, its management's fault they're paying a guy nearly $5M to not play.
How many empty netters when he shouldn't have been on this because he can't defense or win a battle at all?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Adams seemed to imply that the Mittelstadt for Byram trade is a precursor for improving the team in the off-season.
I honestly think we'll get a bottom-6 C, and that will be it.

Our top 2 centers desperately need some two-way players to alleviate some of the pressure on them, but I'd bet my bottom dollar we're running it back with a similar top-6, praying Cozens, Tage, and Peterka learn the nuances of the game.

Prove me wrong, Adams.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Our top 2 centers desperately need some two-way players to alleviate some of the pressure on them, but I'd bet my bottom dollar we're running it back with a similar top-6, praying Cozens, Tage, and Peterka learn the nuances of the game.

Prove me wrong, Adams.
I'd throw a fair amount of money on a 3-year deal to Henrique. Might be that perfect 2-way 3rd line center to help teach those nuances.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Prove me wrong, Adams.
We're gonna have to accept that this is the plan. Well, my therapist is going to have to accept that I'm going to bitch about this. I'm sure she'll just put her headphones in like usual.

• Haha
Reactions: Dingo44

Deleted member 347444

I legitimately feel bad for Vic

unbelievable... that idiot Adams should be driven out of Buffalo with wet rags. Olofsson for what?!? Girgensons for what?!? Nobody can tell me that there was no one interested in Olofsson in particular

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Toronto gonna get steamed in playoffs
I enjoy that over the past few years, they've wasted several picks to add veteran grit at the TDL to try and get over the playoff hump. They still haven't learned that their big problem is their total lack of depth scoring, and that if any of their big 4 up front go cold or get hurt for more than one or two games in a series, they're completely screwed because they can't score more than 2 goals per game.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
unbelievable... that idiot Adams should be driven out of Buffalo with wet rags. Olofsson for what?!? Girgensons for what?!? Nobody can tell me that there was no one interested in Olofsson in particular
Uhh, I can tell you that there is no one interested in Olofsson. He will be lucky to get a contract next year. No one wants a black hole in their forward ranks.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I was thinking they would try to get rid of Cooley.

I didn't think they would get a draft pick for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad