GDT: Trade Deadline (Friday, March 8 @ 3PM) Thread

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I want whatever roster player we add to have a little bit of nasty to his game.
Ahh..someone to challenge Benson in PIMs

Seriously though…with the way officials won’t let the Sabres play…a gritty guy is just going to spend all game in the penalty box while we lose 6-2

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
EJ IS not ryjo
1709411493117.png

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Novak. They are out of program guys. They have to move on to other random players now.

I'm all in on Brandon Duhaime if Minny makes him available. When KO and Girgs go, they'll desperately need an energy or grinder line. He's also a heart and soul guy, something the kids could desperately use in the room.

I'd like to see how a Robinson-Krebs-Duhaime combo looks down the stretch and if it might be a viable solution for next year.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'm all in on Brandon Duhaime if Minny makes him available. When KO and Girgs go, they'll desperately need an energy or grinder line. He's also a heart and soul guy, something the kids could desperately use in the room.

I'd like to see how a Robinson-Krebs-Duhaime combo looks down the stretch and if it might be a viable solution for next year.
I don't see us adding a pending UFA. I'd go after Dewar though.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Anyone know if Adams has asked Okposo if he wants to be traded?

Last kick at the can?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

he's near the top of my realistic off-season additions.

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Hypothetically if we beat Jets and Toronto leading up to the deadline do we still sell ... The team is making this a decision

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
“But this isn’t the easiest time of year to do that. If you’re talking about trying to look for a player that could grow with us and has a year, two or three left on the contract, a team doesn’t want to give that player up at this time of year. Some of those are conversations that get pushed to the offseason. ”

-Adams via the Athletic today

Got my Adams deadline BINGO started off strong with six days to go

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hypothetically if we beat Jets and Toronto leading up to the deadline do we still sell ... The team is making this a decision

I have doubts that even playing well that they have little that anyone is going to be interested in.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
10 points out, two games in hand on the team we’re trying to catch. We’re not dead boys.

Reactions: Dingo44

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
“But this isn’t the easiest time of year to do that. If you’re talking about trying to look for a player that could grow with us and has a year, two or three left on the contract, a team doesn’t want to give that player up at this time of year. Some of those are conversations that get pushed to the offseason. ”

-Adams via the Athletic today

Got my Adams deadline BINGO started off strong with six days to go
Hes not wrong though

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
Anyone know if Adams has asked Okposo if he wants to be traded?

Last kick at the can?
I would think that Okposo knows he will not be a top 9 guy on another team in a playoff stretch and might not even see the ice at all, so my guess is that Okposo will most likely play his final NHL game on 4/15/24 against Tampa(injuries not withstanding).

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
10 points out, two games in hand on the team we’re trying to catch. We’re not dead boys.
While this is true, the teams between us and Tampa/Detroit all have games in hand on us. Washington is 3 points ahead of us with 2 in hand. We're even with Pittsburgh, and they have 3 in hand over us and FIVE in hand over Tampa.

We're not dead......but we're trying to climb Mt. Everest while dressed for the beach.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
While this is true, the teams between us and Tampa/Detroit all have games in hand on us. Washington is 3 points ahead of us with 2 in hand. We're even with Pittsburgh, and they have 3 in hand over us and FIVE in hand over Tampa.

We're not dead......but we're trying to climb Mt. Everest while dressed for the beach.
Pegula laid off all the sherpas because he wanted a more efficient climb

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

It's not the distance it's the fact that you need to jump 5 teams to get there.

It's possible Tampa could run bad and we can run hot.

It's not really possible that the 4 other teams ahead of us will all be 4+ points worse than us down stretch. Especially considering they play each other a lot. A loss there is a win by someone else.

It's not pessimism it's math.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
It's not the distance it's the fact that you need to jump 5 teams to get there.

It's possible Tampa could run bad and we can run hot.

It's not really possible that the 4 other teams ahead of us will all be 4+ points worse than us down stretch. Especially considering they play each other a lot. A loss there is a win by someone else.

It's not pessimism it's math.
Math tells you get to 98 and you’re most likely in. It’s not about what anyone else does. The bottom line is 4 teams will not have 100 points in the Atlantic

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad