GDT: Trade Deadline (Friday, March 8 @ 3PM) Thread

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I'd love nothing more (at least in regards to hockey) than for the Sabres to reel off 3 more straight, dominant, wins like last night and make the trade deadline actually mean something for THIS year.

Just freakin' win! :thumbu:

Reactions: Dingo44

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'd love nothing more (at least in regards to hockey) than for the Sabres to reel off 3 more straight, dominant, wins like last night and make the trade deadline actually mean something for THIS year.

Just freakin' win! :thumbu:
If we won 3 straight, I just think Kev would stand by and not make any moves, so as to not "disrupt the room."

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I like Robinson rather a lot as a very workmanlike 12/13.
Absolutely (and obviously, to those watching closely). It's been one of the better small trades in the league this season, Robinson should not have been essentially free. I'm quite confident both sides will want to keep it going next year.

Btw we need to sit him for three more games this season to avoid sending Columbus the 7th. Could easily happen once we're out of the race officially, but part of me wonders if KA wants to be honorable and convey the pick since it has been a successful addition. Jarmo getting canned changes that maybe.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If we won 3 straight, I just think Kev would stand by and not make any moves, so as to not "disrupt the room."
I think he would do this with three straight losses too. Or any other possible permutations

Absolutely (and obviously, to those watching closely). It's been one of the better small trades in the league this season, Robinson should not have been essentially free. I'm quite confident both sides will want to keep it going next year.

Btw we need to sit him for three more games this season to avoid sending Columbus the 7th. Could easily happen once we're out of the race officially, but part of me wonders if KA wants to be honorable and convey the pick since it has been a successful addition. Jarmo getting canned changes that maybe.
I look forward to the day he acts honorably about his own roster.

Reactions: Fearnot

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Trying to think outside the box. I know retention isn't likely given their cap situation but...

Foligno (50%) + Dewar for a 2024 3rd + Kisakov?

I'd think Foligno is one of the few guys in the league with trade protection who'd waive. This gives us edge and improves our D-zone play.
All for it but I doubt they looking to deal Marcus

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Trying to think outside the box. I know retention isn't likely given their cap situation but...

I'd think Foligno is one of the few guys in the league with trade protection who'd waive. This gives us edge and improves our D-zone play.
Love this. I wouldn't expect Minny to retain 50% considering he's got 4 more years on the book. Would be happy for the Sabres to pay full price for him.

Also doubt the Wild would deal him.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

1.) Minnesota JUST signed Foligno to a 4 year extension. Why on earth would they trade a guy they JUST extended?
b.) Why would Minnesota, who is still paying for Suter and Parise, retain anything?
iii.) Kisakov and a 3rd MIGHT get you Dewar. Maybe. There is zero chance that it returns both Dewar AND a retained Foligno. Zero.

I appreciate the outside the box thinking.......but this box is off in another galaxy. The valuation is all wrong for Minnesota.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Math tells you get to 98 and you’re most likely in. It’s not about what anyone else does. The bottom line is 4 teams will not have 100 points in the Atlantic

We have 21 games remaining.

We have 62 points.

You think we are going to go 18-3-0 in our last 21 games.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Fearnot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

If he plays the games, pay the price. I don't think they need to massage that to keep the pick. He's dogged in pursuit and that's to the benefit of the team and he should be in the lineup because of what he offers.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
1.) Minnesota JUST signed Foligno to a 4 year extension. Why on earth would they trade a guy they JUST extended?
b.) Why would Minnesota, who is still paying for Suter and Parise, retain anything?
iii.) Kisakov and a 3rd MIGHT get you Dewar. Maybe. There is zero chance that it returns both Dewar AND a retained Foligno. Zero.

I appreciate the outside the box thinking.......but this box is off in another galaxy. The valuation is all wrong for Minnesota.
I read through the Minnesota board when I tried to put it together. They're universally tired of Foligno and don't think they can get anything for him because of his deal. And as for Dewar, I saw a general consensus of a 3rd.

So yeah that's where that came from.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I'd take Gaudreu
I read through the Minnesota board when I tried to put it together. They're universally tired of Foligno and don't think they can get anything for him because of his deal. And as for Dewar, I saw a general consensus of a 3rd.

So yeah that's where that came from.
Minnesota also needa to open up some roster spots as Marat just signed, Yurov apparently isn't thrilled at the forward logjam either. Gaudreu would be a good get for Oloffson.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Girgensons, Okposo, Olofsson, Johnson, Comrie would be a start. Tokarski can play backup goalie.

Since we won't pick that high anyway I think we should look for long term additions now as well.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Girgensons, Okposo, Olofsson, Johnson, Comrie would be a start. Tokarski can play backup goalie.

Since we won't pick that high anyway I think we should look for long term additions now as well.
I would be surprised if any team were calling on VO or Comrie.

EJ, Z, and KO are the only guys I expect to move and that's IF they want to move.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Looking back on last year has me feeling a bit better about Girgensons and Okposo’s trade value.

Sundqvist, Lazar, and Namestnikov all got 4ths. That leads me to believe a 5th is the floor for both, rather than the ceiling.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Chewing through this morning‘s 32 thoughts podcast. I would imagine Buffalo firmly in their sellers category. or is that cellar?

• Haha
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad