GDT: Trade Deadline February 24, 2020: post all ye info here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Bold prediction:

bozovin trades bottom 6-er for a 3rd and usu suspects post about what a master trader he is :shakehead

this talk about Bozovin winning all his trades is just spin by whom and for what purpose I dare not speculate

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I wasn't expecting the Habs to do much this deadline except maybe moving Thompson, Kovy, Weise for 3rd-7th round picks but I'm not even expecting that to happen now. I think MB is looking at the standings and he still 100% believes this team can make the playoffs so he'll likely stand pat and maybe even adds his annual depth dman for a mid round pick.

I've given up on expecting much from the Habs at trade deadlines these days and just expect the same old depth type moves now. Even if I don't expect the Habs to do much (if anything really) I hope it's still an active deadline day.

MB has probably spent the day looking at the standings and playing the song below on a loop. :)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What happens next year if we suck again? Trade Petry for 2 2nds and Tatar for the same return as Nyquist?

Late 1sts are rarely impact players. I'll take my chances to try to land an impact player. There's risk either way. I'll take the risk to try to land an impact future player.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
About time this was made. So terrible sifting through 3 threads to try and find any info when it's just the same terrible proposals over and over again

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That 3rd is so late, it may as well be a 4th.
Expected better.

What can I say, other GM's in the league are stupid for not offering more. Can't control for that. They'll all regret not getting him for a 2nd when the playoffs roll around.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I hope he unloads tomorrow and stacks the cupboards for the next 2 drafts. f*** it. You can always use the draft capital to acquire players that fill specific needs at the draft.

The team has some nice young pieces with a lot of potential. But they need layers of prospects coming through the pipes for the big club as well as Laval. Then you can supplement with trades and free agency.

That's how you build a long term winner. All these bandaid trades and what not, trying to re-tool and fix things overnight has just delayed it. Big day tomorrow, I pray he doesn't f*** this up.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly a 3rd round pick is more like a gift than anything. They gave Kovalchuk a chance to compete for the cup because in the grand scheme it is not worth much. And yes I am aware he was got for free and it's "free" asset.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I expect us to make like 3 moves. Thompson to a team for a 4th. Kulak for a 4th. And we trade a late pick for a struggling young player.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
With Kovalchuk gone and Scandella , the only 1 left to be traded is Thompson

and after that Bergevin will get the rest of the season off as usual.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The fact Bergy moved Kovalchuk today, let me think something bigger may happen tommorow, I might be wrong, but Im optimistic at this point to see Tatar and maybe Petry being moved for huge returns...

Thats a seller market, Rangers cant stop winning lately with their Russian goalkeeper and Kreider could not be for sale anymore, what would increase Tatar's value significantly... Ton of teams are looking for a top 4 defenseman too, Petry is the cream of them and has 1 more yr under contract...

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
i don't think they're getting a 3rd for Cousins after seeing what Kovalchuk got, i would honestly rather cousins signed for next year for the 4th line/depth rather than another 4/5th round pick. he's been great this year even if a bit overused on the PP.

On another note, one guy I would love is Ehlers. Seems like he's in Maurice's doghouse right now. I would trade Domi straight up for him since Jets need a 2C, although that's more of a summer move.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
What happens next year if we suck again? Trade Petry for 2 2nds and Tatar for the same return as Nyquist?
This is probably what's gonna happen. We will fail next season once again but this time instead of cashing out for 2 playoffs run we will sell when get 1 playoff run left. Wors they are gonna resign both.

I wish our GM had a vision or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad