GDT: Trade Deadline February 24, 2020: post all ye info here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Two trades I like to see..

Jeff Petry to Carolina for 2 x (Toronto and Carolina) first round picks this year and Jake Bean.
Jonathan Drouin to Colorado for Tyson Jost, 1st round pick and conditional 2nd round pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So basically Bergevin got us a 2nd and a 3rd out of thin air (between Scandella and Kovy). Not bad. Too bad he's not going to trade Petry or Tatar now that their value is at its highest.
Tatar sure, but hey if Vegas is interested in Petry(which makes tons of sense for them) another Pacioretty style trade could work since they are excluded from the expansion draft. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we resigned both July 1st.

Oshawa General

Jul 18, 2005
So basically Bergevin got us a 2nd and a 3rd out of thin air (between Scandella and Kovy). Not bad. Too bad he's not going to trade Petry or Tatar now that their value is at its highest.
With salary retention it's costing the team around $ 600K, so not exactly free

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

signing Kovalchuk also probably brought us 3-4 wins that we wouldn’t have had, which lowered our first round pick.

So yes we picked up a pick for him, but we also lost lottery ground because of him.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Tatar sure, but hey if Vegas is interested in Petry(which makes tons of sense for them) another Pacioretty style trade could work since they are excluded from the expansion draft. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we resigned both July 1st.

Suzuki last year....Cody Glass this year ?

I'd be down with that :)

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Glass or Krebs + a good pick for Petry sounds nice!

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
And what do you want MB to do if he doesn’t get his asking price?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
And what do you want MB to do if he doesn’t get his asking price?
If Blake freaking Coleman could get what he got, Tatar will get sooooo much more than that. Beside, this is one of the biggest seller markets I've seen in a loooong time. Sell, sell, sell. Great deep draft coming in just a few months.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
If Blake freaking Coleman could get what he got, Tatar will get sooooo much more than that. Beside, this is one of the biggest seller markets I've seen in a loooong time. Sell, sell, sell. Great deep draft coming in just a few months.
It not because Coleman got that great return that Bergevin can get the same or better. It is all a question of opportunity. He may be trying hard right now to get it but if no GM is willing to give him something along those lines, what should he do? The reality is that Bergevin should trade Tatar ONLY if he get that type of return. He does not need to trade tatar for the sake of trading him....

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I would rather sell the majority of the team, including Price and Gallagher, and watch a team of young kids lose but play entertaining hockey with a f***ing goal in sight, than the crap we have had for eight years (longer if you want to be honest about it).

At least with guys like Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Domi*, Drouin* there might be something worth watching!!

* = I'd move them too for the right deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad