Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Who from the 2-10 range got better?

NYR made some lateral moves. WPG, Mon, NJ, NYI didnt do anything.

All Ottawa did is get conacher.

Boston is the only one that got significantly better with jagr.

Other teams have made moves even before the deadline. We have a plethora of assets. A top 4 d, playoff calibre center man were all needs not addressed. I'm not gonna bring up goaltending as I like Reimer for now.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Other teams have made moves even before the deadline. We have a plethora of assets. A top 4 d, playoff calibre center man were all needs not addressed. I'm not gonna bring up goaltending as I like Reimer for now.

I am with you, I just hope they dont go in and get crushed. It's a bigger concern for me then anything with their confidence. It's a reason I wanted to see a top 4D and Playoff C as well.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Originally Posted by Around in 67
then go to bed?
:laugh: Two shots of Irish whiskey and I was gone. Now it's past midnight and I'm all bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Still feel good about the day, though.

jughead42*

I chose neutral because it neither excites or disappoints me. The move to pickup the defenceman is good because going into the playoffs you can never have enough, and the price was right. The guy will probably play better with Carlyle's influence, and he'll give us some injury insurance. Having said that, it's nothing to be excited about. Of all the players that moved, the one I'd want most would have been Hackett who went to Buffalo but he moved because Minnesota wanted Pomminville, so I can't be too upset. Other than him, there weren't any players moved who I thought would significantly improve our team so it's probably good we didn't make many moves.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Overall neutral.

Disappointed they didn't get someone to play with Phaneuf.
Ecstatic they didn't bring in Luongo.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Nice first game by Brassard
will be interesting to see how he does on a new team
I know some people were always high on him

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We got two solid top 9 guys that will bolster our lineup in MacArthur and Komarov. ;)

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Very odd deadline. The gap in asset value for selling teams wasnt much different for stars like Iginla and Jagr as it was for second tier vets like Morrow and Murray.

If we had to pay those prices for a top 3 dman then im content with not doing it

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
We should have gotten in on that Forsberg deal... MacArthur + No Name McGee prospect for Forsberg. Doesn't matter if we weren't planning on being sellers, that's just ridiculous value right there.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
We should have gotten in on that Forsberg deal... MacArthur + No Name McGee prospect for Forsberg. Doesn't matter if we weren't planning on being sellers, that's just ridiculous value right there.

yeah have to agree, don't know that Nonis didn't but felt like he was pretty focused on specific things and wasn't in on anything like that.

probably would have cost a better prospect because Mac isn't signed and not as good as Erat but seemed like a great opportunity to turn one of the many D prospects in to a solid fwd prospect.

this might be an example of Nonis is patient to a fault that we heard about

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I can't imagine that Martin Erat went for Filip Forsberg. I would have definitely shifted out a forward like MacArthur to have gotten Forsberg, playoffs or none.

MacArthur is a pending UFA and Erat has 2 years left. I don't think Mac would've have got it done.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I would have liked Forsberg too but not all teams know that he is available for players like Erat. He was being traded to Nashville.

If Nonis knew, he too would have given up the same to get him.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I would have liked Forsberg too but not all teams know that he is available for players like Erat. He was being traded to Nashville.

If Nonis knew, he too would have given up the same to get him.

I agree I don't think he did but isn't his job to know?

kind of like how Burke pulled off the Phanuef deal

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
MacArthur is a pending UFA and Erat has 2 years left. I don't think Mac would've have got it done.

I would assume Washington targeted Erat and Forsberg was the price Nashville set. Doubt very much they were looking to move Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad