Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I would assume Washington targeted Erat and Forsberg was the price Nashville set. Doubt very much they were looking to move Forsberg.

Sounds like it was a last minute deal. I don't remotely blame Nonis for not getting Forsberg, I just wish he had known Forsberg could have been had for so little (though there's no way he could have).

Looks like it was a last minute deal with tons of deadline pressure, and McPhee made a big decision with little time, and no time to shop Forsberg around for a better deal. He definitely could have gotten a better player than Erat if he'd bothered to shop him around earlier, which would have likely pushed him out of our price range.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Stuff left over from the deadline.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Jay Feaster tells Calgary media his untouchables were Baertschi, Brodie, Glencross and Giordano.

Rumblings: Luongo deal fails to launch

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/23232/rumblings-luongo-deal-fails-to-launch

And now both franchises have a gamble in front of them:

• Toronto, because it heads into the playoffs without experience in goal.

• Vancouver, because now it must figure out what to do with Luongo in the offseason, when there will be more competition on the goalie market. Ryan Miller most likely will be on the trade block, ditto for Jonathan Bernier and perhaps Mike Smith will hit free agency.

The failure of the Canucks and the Leafs to reach a Luongo deal, however, will no doubt fuel bigger-picture conclusions and storylines from many.

Let’s face it, Leafs GM Dave Nonis and Canucks GM Mike Gillis don’t like each other, the latter replacing the former as GM in Vancouver.

Mike Zeisberger ‏@Zeisberger
Nonis on Bozak's pending UFA status: "If both sides want to be here, it's my experience that things will work out." Leafs

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Mike Zeisberger ‏@Zeisberger
Nonis on Bozak's pending UFA status: "If both sides want to be here, it's my experience that things will work out." Leafs

I feel like Bozie loves it here.

I can see 3 mil - 4 mil.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
we can always get Luongo after his compliance buyout in the summer

I said in another thread, that if he was bought out, we should be first to give him a call and make him an offer, his contract was the stumbling block in getting him, his play may have declined a bit but he is a great goal tender.

I still want to see just how far we can go, with Reimer and Scrivens in the play-offs and I'm not as stuck on experience, as Leafs management but with Scrivens a UFA, after next season and if we are unable to sign him, it would be good to have a Reimer/Luongo tandem going forward.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
we can always get Luongo after his compliance buyout in the summer

In my opinion Schneider is traded long before they buy out Luongo. There would be interest for Schneider, he would get a solid package. Only problem with that is you aren't sure how Luongo will respond. He would be the #1 again, but after a year of thinking you are going to get traded only to stay with the same team in the end, would you be playing with all your heart?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad