Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day/Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
too bad they cant draft for shit
havent had a franchise skater in forever
Draft this year is in Montreal. You just know they're going to win the lottery and draft Lafreniere, a French Canadian franchise skater. If they don't win the lottery they'll make it happen. Somehow. I'd bet money on it.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Lol, imagine being jealous of Montreal amidst what's going on with the Canucks right now. Are they making shrewd moves right now? More shrewd than Benning did when we were in the basement? Sure. Doesn't mean I'm jealous. Montreal fans would love to be in our position.

Reactions: dps and Knight53

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Don’t let the Kovy trade fools you
Habs were expecting to compete and make the playoffs this season, instead many players regress.

Marc Bergervin deserves to get canned but he won’t because all those picks would save his job again

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Lol, imagine being jealous of Montreal amidst what's going on with the Canucks right now. Are they making shrewd moves right now? More shrewd than Benning did when we were in the basement? Sure. Doesn't mean I'm jealous. Montreal fans would love to be in our position.
People here being jealous at MTL just shows you the general agenda on this board.

Late round magical beans >>>>>>>> Compete now with a young core

THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT SEASON

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

We should be in a way better situation at this point. Honestly, we are so lucky Petey and Hughes dropped. The management team hasn't had a plan since they have been here.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
We should be in a way better situation at this point. Honestly, we are so lucky Petey and Hughes dropped. The management team hasn't had a plan since they have been here.
Okay? So just roll with it. I mean, you can say we should be in a much better position, but were any of you even predicting we'd be in the situation we're in this season? No. You can't keep moving the goal posts. Maybe, just maybe, things are going to work out? Just think about it.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Thanks for your insightful informations

You to billy. It's a hockey forum. So sorry that I have a different opinion than you. Incredible how you guys just pretend like everything is so f***ing awesome. When we were bad, we had opportunities to sell and stockpile picks, yet we refused to do so.

My bad for stating the obvious.

Reactions: vanuck

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Okay? So just roll with it. I mean, you can say we should be in a much better position, but were any of you even predicting we'd be in the situation we're in this season? No. You can't keep moving the goal posts. Maybe, just maybe, things are going to work out? Just think about it.

Okay? It's still fair to judge what has happened so far. It's been a fun season, and I am happy with the young core, but it's still worth mentioning things could be better if they actually had a plan.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
You to billy. It's a hockey forum. So sorry that I have a different opinion than you. Incredible how you guys just pretend like everything is so f*cking awesome. When we were bad, we had opportunities to sell and stockpile picks, yet we refused to do so.

I said because what you just said has been beaten to dead countless times here
No bad intention

Reactions: Bgav

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Marc Bergevin is the embodiment of the HF armchair GM mentality where the goal isn’t to make the playoffs but to get extra 3rd round picks and hope everything will turn out okay

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It’s a smart move by Montreal. But that franchise is a mess. Drafting in the first round has been abysmal and with Price and Weber they will have bad contracts that will also block them from tanking.
I know he is a great prospect but
Would anyone be shocked at this point if Caulfield busts? It just seems like what will happen to Montreal

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

member 290103

Stecher is trash. It’s arguable whether he is better than Benn. Barrie is an odd target but addition by subtraction losing stecher

holy sh*t. It’s takes like this that just make you shake your head and wonder if people really understand the game in any respect at all.

The guy is absolutely NOT trash. The guy is an excellent bottom pairing dman that can slot in as a number 4. He’s excellent positionally and moves the puck well. He also bleeds Canuck colours and is an outstanding teammate.

He’s not Derek Pouliot or Matt Bartkowski. That’s trash.

Wake up.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I agree with the first part. But not with the luck part. Other GMs passed on Hughes and EP because of concerns they had on their games translating to the NHL. Full credit to our scouts and management for recognizing the value of those players even though we had bad luck in dropping in the draft lottery.

Reactions: Bgav

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
You to billy. It's a hockey forum. So sorry that I have a different opinion than you. Incredible how you guys just pretend like everything is so f*cking awesome. When we were bad, we had opportunities to sell and stockpile picks, yet we refused to do so.

Hey man, you do you. Lament all you want. I'm well aware of how badly this team has been managed but....I got over it. They were bad but they're not anymore. My thinking isn't that Benning is some kind of hero, it's more simple than that: that things are working out somehow and I'm enjoying it. It's not like anything else is within my power so I may as well enjoy what's happening with the team right now. It doesn't mean your lamentations are wrong - I wanted to reiterate that since in sports, politics, life etc. I DO value different opinions - it just means some of us are moving on and trying to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad