Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Day/Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
As said before - I really like Stecher, so it's sad to me that he isn't in the organization's future plans. :( I hope he's moved for a good piece, if he is indeed moved.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Stecher will certainly get moved but not until the offseason. He could easily get $4 million in arbitration and there's no way we can afford him due to Lord Benning's generosity with UFAs.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
why would we move gaudette after moving madden? is linus karlsson really taking off? do we have any other centre prospects?

Reactions: geebaan

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The rumour was Minny wants a young nhl center for Dumba in return

Gaudette+Stecher + something else for Dumba would actually be good depends on what are the something else
Dumba is the RH Quinn Hughes with a bomb of a slap shot

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
**** no to moving any futures for Simmons.

Defense prospects are an area of strength now? Even if the defense prospect pool was deep, Simmons is not the player to target.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I have Stecher and Eriksson as our biggest need for upgrade positionally. RD and 2nd line winger while Brock is out.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Wayne Simmonds will be a Vancouver Canuck by the end of the week. You just have to accept it at this point.
Look forward to the random simmonds jersey in the seats come 5 years from now.

he will join the cast of players you didn’t even remember in a Canucks uniform because their career as a Canuck was so uneventful.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If brodin and dumba really are available and you dont have to trade a boeser, you gotta be all over that.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Fine with moving Gaudette, but like others not sure why we didn't keep Madden in that case. Would obviously prefer for it to be as part of a package for a significant piece like Dumba, but don't think we have the expendable assets to serve as the significant addition to get that done. Fearful that they add a pick and target someone like Ristolainen, who seems like a very Benning player. But I'd hate even more if moving Gaudette means they're anchoring onto Sutter and Beagle as the third and fourth line centers.

Would also be okay with moving Stecher - especially if he can be paired with a bad contract (Baertschi??).

member 290103

If brodin and dumba really are available and you dont have to trade a boeser, you gotta be all over that.

Sekeres said yesterday he is of the opinion the Canucks will move Boeser and are not enamoured with him.

Hoping Benning really f***s up and trades him for garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad