Trade Deadline Day thread (new title)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Anyone ever know what happened to Nathan Horton? He disappeared completely from view in the NHL. Nobody ever talks about him. it's like he disappeared off the face of the earth once that back injury was diagnosed.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
In KHL is Mikko Lehtonen, he has been amazing. 50g 40p. Here is rumours that CBJ wants him(heard by ex player). If we trade Nuti/Kukan and can add Lehtonen for next season im more than okay with it. He can be 2nd or 3pair def and 2nd pp "leader".

Reactions: Xoggz22

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I would love that but would you accept that offer for PLD? Hertl is their number one center. I doubt they'd move him for less than a top 6 roster player, a first round pick and a top prospect. Korpi as the main player isn't getting it done.

It will be very interesting if/when we trade one of the goalies. San Jose could very well be a team that would look at that, but not for Hertl. I tend to think there are a few teams that would be interested in a new #1 and would think Korpisalo (or Elvis) would fit that bill. With how Korpi was playing right before the injury, and with how Elvis has been playing the last month, and their respective contract status, they have to be very attractive pieces to some teams.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Who has more value around the league between our two guys and Gorgiev? Sounds like the Rangers are expecting a kings ransom for AG

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Who has more value around the league between our two guys and Gorgiev? Sounds like the Rangers are expecting a kings ransom for AG
I think Georgiev has more reputation as of now. I doubt many GMs will try to get Elvis or Korpi because of one season’s performance (or half the season)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
he recently resurfaced in Milan Lucic’s Twitter feed. He looks healthy

Interesting timing on my question. I just remember him talking about Columbus being a great place to raise his family and everything. Once the back injury happened he disappeared like a ghost. I assume he moved back tp South Florida but I don't ever remember anyone doing a follow up "where are they now?" piece.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I like that Hertl move but don't think we have the powder to pull that off unless we gut our future. Columbus has to draft that centre unless one of the coming UFA's look hard enough at our roster and our Blue line and realize they could put us over the top.. we needed to make the move for ROR last year. StL did and that and a hot goalie got them a trophy.

Chinakhov59

Jan 26, 2020
I also like the Hertl deal. In another year I could see Robinson filling Anderson’s role so maybe his name could be added if a good pick comes back with Hertl. Have also wondered what it would take to get Kopitar out of LA. Having him centering Bemstrom and Nyquist would make for a formidable top three lines.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
the only need i see cbj truly needing is a #2c

Hertl or Roslovic should be our targets.
Roslovic, to date, has only worked out as a RW at the NHL level. Which is a bit telling considering how badly Winnipeg also needs a #2C upgrade.

And Hertl right now is San Jose's #1C, and likely to stay there for the foreseeable future given Couture's advancing age (he's 30). I don't think he'll be given up easily.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
What is it about Roslovic that regularly has him as a trade target? He doesn’t play a position of need and we already have enough comparable players on the roster.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Interesting thought - if we are to make play offs this year, our first rounder will not be top 15, and if took a guy like Murray plus the first pick to land somebody like Hertl, would many people be opposed to it ?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What is it about Roslovic that regularly has him as a trade target? He doesn’t play a position of need and we already have enough comparable players on the roster.
Leafs fans and Rick Nash. Canucks fans and Ryan Johansen. Habs fans and Pierre-Luc Dubois.

It's kinda like that, except we're the offending party this time.

* * *​
Interesting thought - if we are to make play offs this year, our first rounder will not be top 15, and if took a guy like Murray plus the first pick to land somebody like Hertl, would many people be opposed to it ?
I would not be so opposed. But I would be very shocked if they go for that. (Put it this way - would you accept a package like that for PLD? I sure as heck wouldn't.)

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Portzline's latest article makes it sound like a foregone conclusion that Anderson gets traded.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Anderson showed, yet again, that power forwards never go out of style. His size, speed and shoulders thoroughly intimidated Tampa Bay, leading a Blue Jackets forecheck that simply overwhelmed the Lightning.

It’s hard to imagine, less than a year later, that Anderson’s future with the Blue Jackets is, at best, cloudy.

In a perfect world, the Blue Jackets and Anderson’s agent, Darren Ferris, would gather shortly after the 2019-20 season and negotiate a long-term deal that would keep the 25-year-old in a Blue Jackets sweater until well into his 30s.

But the feeling around the NHL is that Anderson is more likely to be traded — either by the NHL trade deadline (less likely) or after the season (more likely) — than he is to be re-signed by the Blue Jackets. GMs have been poking around on Anderson for a while now.

How did it reach this point?

Ferris and Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen say there is no lingering resentment from their protracted negotiation in 2016 that forced Anderson to miss all of training camp that year.

But that messy affair can’t be forgotten, either.

Josh Anderson's uncertain future, and why the Blue Jackets...

Seems more like an opinion article to me, but if the feeling is around the NHL that he gets traded this summer, then its worth posting.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Can anyone break down the Athletic article on Josh Anderson's future?

Help me I'm poor.

- NHL execs around the league think the potential lingering resentment from the 2016 negotiations will carry over, and Anderson/Ferris' potentially wanting to use all leverage they have (signing a 1 year QO/arbitration and going to UFA) since the CBJ did it to them when he was a RFA.

- Those execs believe the Jackets would rather trade Anderson at the deadline/this summer and get the best deal they can while the acquiring team is guaranteed at least one full year of Anderson's services.

- There are questions if Anderson wants to be here long term. Although contract negotiations haven't started.

Again this article seems like well informed speculation and is assuming a lot of things.

Me personally? I think this is an article purposefully made to light a fire under Anderson when he gets back. I don't think the Jackets have much interest in trading him, but they also don't want to be drug along another toxic contract negotiation, so they will do what they have to if Anderson doesn't bounce back (or if he doesn't, how much he'll command will be telling on his future here).

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi and JKinCLE

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
- NHL execs around the league think the potential lingering resentment from the 2016 negotiations will carry over, and Anderson/Ferris' potentially wanting to use all leverage they have (signing a 1 year QO/arbitration and going to UFA) since the CBJ did it to them when he was a RFA.

- Those execs believe the Jackets would rather trade Anderson at the deadline/this summer and get the best deal they can while the acquiring team is guaranteed at least one full year of Anderson's services.

- There are questions if Anderson wants to be here long term. Although contract negotiations haven't started.

Again this article seems like well informed speculation and is assuming a lot of things.

Me personally? I think this is an article purposefully made to light a fire under Anderson when he gets back. I don't think the Jackets have much interest in trading him, but they also don't want to be drug along another toxic contract negotiation, so they will do what they have to if Anderson doesn't bounce back (or if he doesn't, how much he'll command will be telling on his future here).

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

I don't want to trade him at his lowest value (or at all), but I get it. Can definitely see negotiations getting ugly.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Andy is one of the most explosive powerforwards in the league. When he is at the mood, last year 27goals, but in not so sure if he is going to be that guy year after year. 20goals yep but 30goals i think not. If the price is right id trade him. He is one of the favourites but long term overpaid contract is too scary. Again right price and right years, keep him. Robinson can replace him if needed. Andy+Murray+Milano is great package for any team but the value is mystery.?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad