Trade Deadline Day thread (new title)

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I know his hands were tied but Jarmo better be pretty active around the draft. Getting the injured players back will be a boost, but least we forget the Jackets were of the worst in the league before all the injuries.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Evidently Hanni's contract was just burning our books.. basically giving away assets (even the smallest) for free now.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019

Seems like the same song and dance every year. If one of those guys would of got AA- should of done it. He is a RFA and we need help on the offensive side of the puck - and whatever about this year - but next year we do as well. One of these days we need to stop priding ourselves on the youngest team in the NHL. Cause it ain’t doing shit for us .

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Seems like the same song and dance every year. If one of those guys would of got AA- should of done it. He is a RFA and we need help on the offensive side of the puck - and whatever about this year - but next year we do as well. One of these days we need to stop priding ourselves on the youngest team in the NHL. Cause it ain’t doing shit for us .

I think the biggest concern for me about that statement is that all of those guys are probably 4 years away, if ever, from being contributors in the NHL.

That is the status of our prospect system. If we are still following the brick by brick approach the only wall that will have taken longer to build is the Great Wall of China.

Reactions: Kellen

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
What package could we have put together that would be comparable today?

(I'm just of the opinion we lost out badly on trade potential due to the IR hits to the depth/team).

Judging by Carolina’s package, something around Wennberg+Milano (or another bottom 6er)+Peeke

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Judging by Carolina’s package, something around Wennberg+Milano (or another bottom 6er)+Peeke

Aside from Milano, we couldn't spare that many guys from the lineup right now (and Wennberg is hurt).

That's the real issue, not that we couldn't put the value together if healthy.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Aside from Milano, we couldn't spare that many guys from the lineup right now (and Wennberg is hurt).

That's the real issue, not that we couldn't put the value together if healthy.

Fair point, but it doesn’t really seem that Florida is interested in competing for a WC spot this year. Wennberg’s also reportedly close to returning from the IR.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Glad we didn’t bring in anyone significant as I have not doubt they’d be on IR within the first 3 games. :cool:

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad