Trade Deadline Day thread (new title)

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Im still on to Mikael Granlund he doesnt belong to NSH in MIN he was brilliant, he can be 2C or play winger. He passing ability is great and he can also score. Nyquist - Granlund - Björky

Cam - PLD - ??

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Im still on to Mikael Granlund he doesnt belong to NSH in MIN he was brilliant, he can be 2C or play winger. He passing ability is great and he can also score. Nyquist - Granlund - Björky

Cam - PLD - ??
He is not an NHL-level center - he's never had anything even resembling success at the NHL level at that position. He's a winger. One we could possibly pick up at a discount, but still a winger.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If we could trade Murray+ for Pageau and then re-sign him, that’d be great for us.
Unfortunately Ottawa is looking for picks and prospects

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If we could trade Murray+ for Pageau and then re-sigh him, that’d be great for us.
Unfortunately Ottawa is looking for picks and prospects
Sonny’s your guy (prospect of sorts). They liked Duclair.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
any trade which does not involve an upgrade at Center makes no sense to me...

unless they have to make room on the roster....and have to waive a player like Milano who would 100% be claimed

then if you have to get pick(s) and or a prospect, you obviously have to make a trade

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I watch 70+ Leafs games a year and have since things like Center Ice and NHL.tv have been around. Nylander might be listed as a center but has not been and never will be an effective NHL center. He is a great offensive player but when the defensive responsibilities of being a center get added his offensive game goes to crap. Babcock tried him at center multiple times for extended periods with some pretty good wingers and he just wasn't good. It has nothing to do with being behind centers like Tavares and Bozak and Matthews and Kadri.

With that said I would love to see him in a CBJ sweater but Jarmo isn't likely to give up what it would take to get Nylander and Dubas isn't going to accept Savard and some spare parts for him. While most people on here are saying Toronto is desperate for defense wouldn't the same hold true for the Jackets and offense? If there's a trade to be made it's going to be in the off-season. Teams in contention aren't lining up to trade away top 6 forwards for defense at the deadline.
Passing through to clear this up.

Nylander was a full-time centre in the SHL and the Leafs developed him as a C with the Marlies in the AHL (Kapanen and Hyman on his wings) - even Babcock said he's best in the centre of the ice. If the Leafs didn't win the draft lottery or land JT in FA, Nylander would be the org's #1 C. Even now he's the #1 replacement C in the top 6 whenever one of the big dogs go down and takes all of the face-offs on his strong side. In 2017-18 during Matthews' major injury, Nylander took over at C for a longer stretch and looked natural. Even this year when moving to JT's line, Tavares told the media he had to reinvent his game so that Nylander could be the one controlling centre ice, even though JT takes the draws. Once JT starts to decline/leaves, Nylander will be the permanent 2C. He's a centre.

But he's not being traded, last year was the only real chance to acquire him, so its a moot point.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Passing through to clear this up.

Nylander was a full-time centre in the SHL and the Leafs developed him as a C with the Marlies in the AHL (Kapanen and Hyman on his wings) - even Babcock said he's best in the centre of the ice. If the Leafs didn't win the draft lottery or land JT in FA, Nylander would be the org's #1 C. Even now he's the #1 replacement C in the top 6 whenever one of the big dogs go down and takes all of the face-offs on his strong side. In 2017-18 during Matthews' major injury, Nylander took over at C for a longer stretch and looked natural. Even this year when moving to JT's line, Tavares told the media he had to reinvent his game so that Nylander could be the one controlling centre ice, even though JT takes the draws. Once JT starts to decline/leaves, Nylander will be the permanent 2C. He's a centre.

But he's not being traded, last year was the only real chance to acquire him, so its a moot point.

Were my eyes deceiving me earlier this season when Tavares missed a couple weeks and Nylander stayed on Matthews' wing? I just checked the PPP previews for that period and none of them had Nylander at center.

Look, I love Nylander but the ship sailed a couple years ago for him being a center. He's an elite winger who can also hold his own on faceoffs.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
Habs fan coming in peace, Columbus is my second favorite team.

Drouin for Gavrikov straight up, or Petry for Gavrikov straight up (Petry is not UFA), so can reship next deadline.

Tatar for 1st 2020 + Peeke, or Nutivaara + Peeke (Tatar is not UFA), so can reship next deadline.

I watch both teams a lot and I think these are solid deals for both.

-----

I read something so insane above... Anderson & Murray for Larkin.

Ryan Murray is constantly injured, or we would fetch a 1st rounder+ in value (or not even considered being traded), but he simply cannot at this point because for 4 years in a row he can't stay healthy.

Josh Anderson is not only having a down year, it's a terrible year. Even if he had a similar year as last year, and you add Murray, Red Wings says No. Larkin is worth more then Bjorkstrand, and nobody here would give Bjorkstrand for Anderson + Murray. Now true that Larkin and Bjorkstrand are having a similar year, but Larkin just had 2 break-out years back to back, and Larkin is 1 year younger.

Value for Anderson or Murray is not what the Jackets think. I suspect Anderson to be worth a late first, and Murray 2x 2nd. I don't think any team would give that but I think it's what they are worth.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Drouin for Gavrikov straight up, or Petry for Gavrikov straight up (Petry is not UFA), so can reship next deadline.
No interest in moving Gavrikov pretty much at all.

Tatar for 1st 2020 + Peeke, or Nutivaara + Peeke (Tatar is not UFA), so can reship next deadline.
1st isn't available, but Nuti is. We'd like to keep Peeke if we can, tho.

Generally when you go onto team boards you'll get a few... "interesting" proposals. ;)

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
No interest in moving Gavrikov pretty much at all.

1st isn't available, but Nuti is. We'd like to keep Peeke if we can, tho.

Generally when you go onto team boards you'll get a few... "interesting" proposals. ;)

Columbus needs a player like Tatar but doesn't want to give 1st rounder or young defencemen so it can't work.

Habs need defencemen that Columbus is willing to give but they are not enough for Tatar.

What is the asking price for Nutivaara?

What about Habs 2nd rounder in 2021 for Nutivaara? Columbus don't have one.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Columbus needs a player like Tatar but doesn't want to give 1st rounder or young defencemen so it can't work.

Habs need defencemen that Columbus is willing to give but they are not enough for Tatar.

What is the asking price for Nutivaara?

What about Habs 2nd rounder in 2021 for Nutivaara? Columbus don't have one.
If we're trading Nuti for picks, I'd rather they be sooner than later. He is available, but we're happy to hold on to him for now as well, if only for expansion draft purposes. :)

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Want to resign Gavrikov and not selling Murray or Anderson at their low points.. all three will be key when we need experience at seasons end. I'm good staying where we are, I like our team and those that have played up from Cleveland. Who would have thunk it?

Reactions: Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

According to Dreger, prices on defenseman are really high. Considering our depth on D, I assume that means Jarmo is asking a lot even for a guy like Nuti or Harrington.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't see any rentals coming in, unless you're talking about guys who will be RFA after the year who Jarmo intends to resign.

I don't see any low-cost-to-obtain vets coming in as attempts to "fill holes" in the roster.

I don't see any draft picks being spent. Second-tier prospects or young players who no longer fit, maybe, but I don't think Jarmo wants to shrink the pool of potential talent.

So I figure on a quiet situation on this front.

These are obviously just guesses. Jarmo says every deadline and offseason (paraphrase) "we're always looking to improve our club..." But my guess is these are some of the additional criteria this particular season that would impact whether something would "improve our club..."

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
-----

Ryan Murray is constantly injured, or we would fetch a 1st rounder+ in value (or not even considered being traded), but he simply cannot at this point because for 4 years in a row he can't stay healthy.

Josh Anderson is not only having a down year, it's a terrible year. Even if he had a similar year as last year, and you add Murray, Red Wings says No. Larkin is worth more then Bjorkstrand, and nobody here would give Bjorkstrand for Anderson + Murray. Now true that Larkin and Bjorkstrand are having a similar year, but Larkin just had 2 break-out years back to back, and Larkin is 1 year younger.

Value for Anderson or Murray is not what the Jackets think. I suspect Anderson to be worth a late first, and Murray 2x 2nd. I don't think any team would give that but I think it's what they are worth.

I find it interesting you dog this trade proposal but as a “fan of both teams” you think the Jackets actually have a need for Petry — for Gavrikov no less.

Only thing worse than that is this god awful PK rumor.

Reactions: cslebn

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’d like Strome or Pageau (re-signed) as our #2C if the price is not too high.

I’d even be fine with Milano + Kukan or Murray (glass) going the other way.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If we are giving up a DMan, let it be Murray. Is he better than Kuantan’s or Nuti. Yes. But 45 games of Murray isn’t. That’s why he’s a better, more valued, deadline trade than to a team looking longer term.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
PK rumor makes no sense to me. If the prices are high, I could see a defenseman going to bring back some picks.

I don't see a trade happen that shakes up the roster much beyond that.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad