Trade deadline: Buyers or sellers?

What should the Flames do at this year's Trade Deadline?

• Buyers - add players to the current roster.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Sellers - trade players from the current roster for futures.

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • Stand Pat - do nothing, hope everything works out

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Avs fan here, what do you think about
Girard+ Newhook +1st 2023 for Lindholm and Tanev.
If the Flames decide to retool, I think it's close in value with no salary retention. Maybe add a conditional pick along the lines of 1st or 2nd 2024 based on Tanev games played or if the Avs make the WCF.

Problem is each of those players individually will return more if the Flames retain 50% salary which rumour has it, they've been authorized to do by ownership.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The difference between the 17th (Flames) and 22nd position is 1 point 23rd last is 2 points away. Dang.
Flames are gonna miss the playoffs, finish in the bottom 9 and win the Bedard lottery. I mean they are gonna have the first overall eventually, so why not this year?

Reactions: Fig

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Flames are gonna miss the playoffs, finish in the bottom 9 and win the Bedard lottery. I mean they are gonna have the first overall eventually, so why not this year?
Would be the first top 3 pick in franchise history. Sam Bennett is our highest draft pick ever lol, I am not very optimistic for bedard

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
That last point . . . yeesh.

If anyone was still on the fence about the Flames being run by idiots, well between that and all the recent allegations by Friedman and other insiders that the team was wholly unprepared to be in this scenario - like what more evidence do you need lol.

At this point, even moving the likes of Lucic, Ritchie, and Lewis for future considerations would be worth it just to free up roster spots for Ruzicka and other prospects.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
they have a better chance of getting to the playoffs than they do dropping to 24th or worse.
This is the flames...they are gonna miss and finish 16th and not win the lottery to be able to jump to 6th OA

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It was pretty evident during the year of the Canadian covid division that we will push for playoffs until mathematically eliminated

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
If the Flames decide to retool, I think it's close in value with no salary retention. Maybe add a conditional pick along the lines of 1st or 2nd 2024 based on Tanev games played or if the Avs make the WCF.

Problem is each of those players individually will return more if the Flames retain 50% salary which rumour has it, they've been authorized to do by ownership.
I'd rather keep Lindholm than take that package.

I'll say it again....the only thing I hope they do is trade a couple of the bit players and recoup some later picks.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I just want something interesting to happen at this point. I don't want to see them pick up a nik Hagman type today though

Reactions: viper0220

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
3a7ae874-26ec-4325-8781-25e01a3b2d6a_text.gif

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
3 wins in the last 12 "must win games" 4 losses in a row. Hey here's an idea, let's stand pat and do nothing to improve the team, and nothing to improve the future of this team.
Pretty legit planning by our office.
Unbelievable.
They needed an Eichel. This team isn't going to flip a switch if they acquire another middle 6 winger.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I get not trading our guys signed till 24, but why tf are we not trading players like lewis (who is very useful) then scrubs like lazar gets a 4th? Ffs get lucic off this team, him looking like a pylon and just standing there on the marner goal just epitomizes what he is rn

Reactions: Boomstick

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I get not trading our guys signed till 24, but why tf are we not trading players like lewis (who is very useful) then scrubs like lazar gets a 4th? Ffs get lucic off this team, him looking like a pylon and just standing there on the marner goal just epitomizes what he is rn
This, this, this, this.......

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Silver lining to keeping Lucic & Lewis is that they'll help with the tank, especially since Sutter will lean even harder on them down the stretch run.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Trade some of the plugs to recoup any assest ifpossible and let some of the young guys finish the season to see what we have with them.

Sounds logical right? Right????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad