Trade deadline: Buyers or sellers?

What should the Flames do at this year's Trade Deadline?

• Buyers - add players to the current roster.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Sellers - trade players from the current roster for futures.

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • Stand Pat - do nothing, hope everything works out

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Next year at this time should be very interesting for this organization. If we're solidly in a playoff spot looks like we'll be walking 5 guys to free agency and possibly losing them all for absolutely nothing.
We won't be able to afford all of them. Unless we're doing some changes in the summer I don't know what the hell is going to happen.
If we lose guys like Backlund and Lindholm and Tanev for nothing, that's not going to bode very well.
I'm frustrated, we did nothing to help us today or in the future.
I just don't understand, our chances to make the playoffs are pretty slim and we just stand pat?
Can anyone help me understand, or are we just going to be stuck in mediocre hell for the next 8 years.
Perfect opportunity to move someone and we just do nothing.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I would have had more respect for Treliving if he had just not done anything this deadline at least as of now no draft picks have been sent out the door.
Zahorna for Hunt is an AHL deal that really does nothing
Stecher/N Ritchie for Mackey/B Ritchie is lateral and isn't the shock to the heart this team needs to potentially turn things around

everything is meh and is seems to be predicated treading water and hoping that Seattle and Winnipeg fade down the stretch giving the Flames a playoff spot as opposed to getting better to seize a spot or worse to get better lottery odds.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Crazy how important Kylington ended up being this yr. No playoffs without him (more than likely) and a return to top place next yr w his return and contract yr Norris season. :)

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Next year at this time should be very interesting for this organization. If we're solidly in a playoff spot looks like we'll be walking 5 guys to free agency and possibly losing them all for absolutely nothing.
We won't be able to afford all of them. Unless we're doing some changes in the summer I don't know what the hell is going to happen.
If we lose guys like Backlund and Lindholm and Tanev for nothing, that's not going to bode very well.
I'm frustrated, we did nothing to help us today or in the future.
I just don't understand, our chances to make the playoffs are pretty slim and we just stand pat?
Can anyone help me understand, or are we just going to be stuck in mediocre hell for the next 8 years.
Perfect opportunity to move someone and we just do nothing.

Yup exactly. Same kind of no moves or last-minute moves of the last few years where we lose stars or good players for nothing or next to nothing. That is horrible management I mean in basic basic terms.

Reactions: Boomstick

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Curious if Rasmus Andersson is available at all, or if he’s pretty locked into Calgary’s plans with his excellent contract?

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad