GDT: Trade Deadline 2020 coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Feel like it's going to be a minor-league deal. I think the NHL trades have all been announced at this point.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Fresh off a 4 pt game Ritchie should have been used on the 1st pp unit and watching him he is easily coming into his own. He made small players like Terry and Kase much more effective he on this roster currently does this? This team continues to get smaller, softer and worse all around under Murray
What exactly is Heinen going to provide that erases what losing Ritchie does? Milano replacing Kase is laughable as well.
Backes with his concussions and age replacing Grant

Well based on their career points production Heinen is better at scoring points so there's an improvement right there. Also is better defensively and takes less stupid penalties.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Bob has really lost his touch with trades and our pro-scouting sucks. It's really time to make some changes to the front office, starting with Bob.
Well Madden is in charge of pro scouting too. So if you're going to give him credit for our drafts, you have to criticize him for the pro part if you think it's a scouting issue.

Reactions: Masch78

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Bob has really lost his touch with trades and our pro-scouting sucks. It's really time to make some changes to the front office, starting with Bob.

what are you unhappy about? The two big ones we lost are kase and ritchie. What we got rid of are a player who never plays and a guy who's reached his potential and doesn't do much and make stupid penalties.

What we got back is a good RHD, a 1st, and some bs. For ritchie, its a straight lateral trade with upside.

Then we got rid of junk. What more do you want? We are a bottom of the barrel team and you expect people to pay top dollar for our players?

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Kase Trade - B (Due to his injury history and that he did not take a step forward this year (at least not yet)
Shore - A (Milano has upside, where Shore was not going to improve)
Ritchie - D (i think this is one that is going to come back to haunt us. I see Ritchie as a late bloomer and underrated passer, and we dont have anyone to fill his Physicality)
Grant - C+ (Good value for What he is, I just hope he signs here next year)
Holzer - C (We have a few guys that can play his role on Defense)
Sprong - B (He was never going to get an opportunity)

overall, I am just mad about Ritchie as i was a fan of his.

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Heinin was a career 3/4th liner in Boston, while still outproducing Ritchie who was a 3rd liner who also got 1/2 line duties. I like nick, but when was the last time he fought ? He takes selfish af penalties and is overrated in the dzone. I’m actually not bummed out about this.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Well Madden is in charge of pro scouting too. So if you're going to give him credit for our drafts, you have to criticize him for the pro part if you think it's a scouting issue.

Honestly didn't even know that. Maybe Madden should stick to scouting prospects and get someone new for the pro side.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m pretty happy with what Bob did. He made some linear moves with higher potentials and acquired more draft picks, while keeping the core intact. I think the idea was to shake up the role players, who had disappointed. My only concern was the return for Grant. Wanted him to stay even if it was during a rebuild. He gave his all every night which is a good influence on the kids.

Next game is going to be interesting with 5 different players in the line up now that Grant, Shore, Ritchie, Holzer, and Kase are gone.

On another note. Anaheim Ducks will be carrying Swedish Fish at all concessions. :sarcasm:

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
what are you unhappy about? The two big ones we lost are kase and ritchie. What we got rid of are a player who never plays and a guy who's reached his potential and doesn't do much and make stupid penalties.

What we got back is a good RHD, a 1st, and some bs. For ritchie, its a straight lateral trade with upside.

Then we got rid of junk. What more do you want? We are a bottom of the barrel team and you expect people to pay top dollar for our players?

I'm honestly fine with the Kase trade, as he's too big of a risk for a team that's clearly rebuilding.

What I'm not fine with, is the amount of drafted talent we have jettisoned out for players who did nothing for the team. Our most recent swaps (Montour for Guhle, Pettersson for Sprong) are looking horrendous and I think Ritchie for Heinen is going to look very similar. We better pray that some of these prospects start to reach their potential, or we're going to be in a world of hurt.

Who is this good RHD you're speaking of? Axel Andersson? He's an intriguing prospect who may end up being an NHL player in a few years, nothing more.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
All in all, pretty good deadline. Grant didn't bring back a lot but it's probably for the best to get something and that pick replaces the one sent away for Deslauriers. I really like Heinen and Djoos so those are two nice pickups, and I think Milano is a very smart gamble, especially when they didn't really give up anything.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
I'm honestly fine with the Kase trade, as he's too big of a risk for a team that's clearly rebuilding.

What I'm not fine with, is the amount of drafted talent we have jettisoned out for players who did nothing for the team. Our most recent swaps (Montour for Guhle, Pettersson for Sprong) are looking horrendous and I think Ritchie for Heinen is going to look very similar. We better pray that some of these prospects start to reach their potential, or we're going to be in a world of hurt.

Who is this good RHD you're speaking of? Axel Andersson? He's an intriguing prospect who may end up being an NHL player in a few years, nothing more.

Fine...Andersson isn't good, but at least he has potential there. I rather have some potential on a rebuilding team than an injury prone player.

As for Ritchie, we now got a good smart player. We won't have to deal with bonehead plays that we suffered from Montour and Ritchie. (still waiting on that first we got for Montour to pan out).

For Guhle, Sprong...who cares...nothing special. Nothing lost. What i'm sad we lost on is Theodore.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Fine...Andersson isn't good, but at least he has potential there. I rather have some potential on a rebuilding team than an injury prone player.

As for Ritchie, we now got a good smart player. We won't have to deal with bonehead plays that we suffered from Montour and Ritchie. (still waiting on that first we got for Montour to pan out).

For Guhle, Sprong...who cares...nothing special. Nothing lost. What i'm sad we lost on is Theodore.

Pettersson and Montour would both be useful right now.

Montour had a lot of value around the league when we traded him and our pro scouts whiffed with Guhle (and Sprong) that’s a huge problem.

Reactions: cheesymc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad