GDT: Trade Deadline 2020 coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
On trading Derek Grant
It was something we figured we had to do. I talked to his agent. Philly has a pretty good team right now. Derek is a guy I pull for. He's come a long way. He's worked his butt off to get where he's at. I hope he goes and makes a good run for it.

Sounds like we tried to sign him but grant wanted to test FA. Glad to see that we're likely still going to be thinking of Grant afterwards but it'll be interesting to see how Grant plays there to see what he'll want in FA.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Guess ill give a little bit of a write up on my thoughts of each trade

Kase for Backes, Andersson, and a 1st: I will start by saying I thought we could for sure get a 2nd prospect on top of andersson. Boston retained 25% instead im guessing... and that kept the trade as is. I don't mind the return, as kase is too injury prone... great player but it just wasn't working out for us. Backes hopefully brings some leadership to the locker room/and sets a good example for the youngsters on the team could be an added bonus. Andersson fills a big need as our D pool was basically empty, hes got a lot more upside then I think people give him credit for... and I think he could be the piece that really makes this trade tip to our side in the future. The 1st is obvious, BM wanted a 2nd shot in the 1st round.... hopefully we can strike gold with the pick. Overall I feel like this is short term win for boston, but long term win for Anaheim... imo BM did okay tho I think he could have gotten a little more than he got.

Holzer for Irwin + '22 6th: Wont say too much on this 1, but ill take it as a win, holzer sucks(as does Irwin), but at least we managed to get a 6th /shrug. Overall pretty obvious win for BM

Ritchie for Heinen: im not the biggest Ritchie fan... but I feel like Ritchie being moved was fairly obvious... BM is old school and when your a depth player and holding out, your being moved... that being said I think BM killed it with the return.... Heinen is a pretty good hockey player and should fit in well with our roster... I think playing in boston he didn't get that much of a chance, as the team is loaded... but in Anaheim he should get a chance to be an impactful player for us... I know we have a lot of people here that love Ritchie, but I think Heinen is going to have a pretty big crowd that loves what he brings to the table.

Sprong for Djoos: Another trade that doesn't need too much conversation, its obvious the team and sprong weren't working out, id call the return a little bit weak on sprong… and I think I would have preferred something else... but maybe our scouts see something in djoos that they might be able to work with (that being said we are pretty full at LHD). Overall I think we could have done better, but maybe djoos is another guy like gudbranson, that just needed a change of scenery.

Shore for Milano: Shore is another player that just never fit here, that being said I love the move... Milano seemed to be in the coaches dog house... but hes got a ton of skill and should be a nice change of pace from a guy like shore. I think BM did amazing in this 1, and I hope the team uses Milano... and don't just leave him in the AHL to rot.

Potential line up id like to see for the end of the year.

Rakell Getzlaf Terry
Heinen Steel Silfverberg
Milano Henrique Sheerwood
Deslauries Rowney Backes

Lindholm Manson
Fowler Gudbranson
Djoos MDZ

Reactions: Rasp and ShadowDuck

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

Kase for Backes, Andersson, and a 1st: I will start by saying I thought we could for sure get a 2nd prospect on top of andersson. Boston retained 25% instead im guessing... and that kept the trade as is. I don't mind the return, as kase is too injury prone... great player but it just wasn't working out for us. Backes hopefully brings some leadership to the locker room/and sets a good example for the youngsters on the team could be an added bonus. Andersson fills a big need as our D pool was basically empty, hes got a lot more upside then I think people give him credit for... and I think he could be the piece that really makes this trade tip to our side in the future. The 1st is obvious, BM wanted a 2nd shot in the 1st round.... hopefully we can strike gold with the pick. Overall I feel like this is short term win for boston, but long term win for Anaheim... imo BM did okay tho I think he could have gotten a little more than he got.

Holzer for Irwin + '22 6th: Wont say too much on this 1, but ill take it as a win, holzer sucks(as does Irwin), but at least we managed to get a 6th /shrug. Overall pretty obvious win for BM

Ritchie for Heinen: im not the biggest Ritchie fan... but I feel like Ritchie being moved was fairly obvious... BM is old school and when your a depth player and holding out, your being moved... that being said I think BM killed it with the return.... Heinen is a pretty good hockey player and should fit in well with our roster... I think playing in boston he didn't get that much of a chance, as the team is loaded... but in Anaheim he should get a chance to be an impactful player for us... I know we have a lot of people here that love Ritchie, but I think Heinen is going to have a pretty big crowd that loves what he brings to the table.

Sprong for Djoos: Another trade that doesn't need too much conversation, its obvious the team and sprong weren't working out, id call the return a little bit weak on sprong… and I think I would have preferred something else... but maybe our scouts see something in djoos that they might be able to work with (that being said we are pretty full at LHD). Overall I think we could have done better, but maybe djoos is another guy like gudbranson, that just needed a change of scenery.

Shore for Milano: Shore is another player that just never fit here, that being said I love the move... Milano seemed to be in the coaches dog house... but hes got a ton of skill and should be a nice change of pace from a guy like shore. I think BM did amazing in this 1, and I hope the team uses Milano... and don't just leave him in the AHL to rot.

Rakell Getzlaf Terry
Heinen Steel Silfverberg
Deslauries Rowney Backes

Lindholm Manson
Fowler Gudbranson
Djoos MDZ

Did you send down Jones to the AHL based on your forward lineup?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Rakell Getzlaf Terry
Heinen Steel Silfverberg
Deslauries Rowney Backes

Lindholm Manson
Fowler Gudbranson
Djoos MDZ

Most solid vanilla line in history lol

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I like all the trades this past week except the Ritchie one although I don’t completely hate it as I follow the Bruins and Heinen is a decent player even if I feel Ritchie is more valuable. Grant I underestimated the return we would get for him but I have no issue with moving him for an asset.

I wish we dealt Rakell though. His game is going nowhere here and that would really shake up the core. Other than the Kase deal none of these are going to be particularly impactful trades although there may be some upside in the Milano deal which I think was the best trade for BM today.

Reactions: Son of Gib

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Well not sure how to feel. I wasn't a Ritchie fan, but didn't think he would be moved. Loved Grant, but understand the move. Based on what happened, I would give Murray a passing grade of C+. He made some good moves and some lateral moves that may work out, but the Kase trade I wasn't a fan of.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bob commented about leadership disappointment and inconsistency and used the specific ages 24, 29, and 30 , hmmm calling out certain players? Would think Ritchie, Silfverberg, and Henrique (Although has really turned it up as of late.)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Vegas won the trade deadline. They get a big upgrade in net and shore up their defense which is their biggest weakness. The only team I see giving them issues in the Pacific is the Oilers just because McDavid and Drai are that good. Edmonton also had a good deadline.

The isles lost the deadline. What were they thinking trading that package for Pageau and then signing him to that contract?? Lou is still great at many things but the game is passing him by in a lot of areas. That contract is going to age poorly and giving up a first is horrible value for Pageau.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Vegas won the trade deadline. They get a big upgrade in net and shore up their defense which is their biggest weakness. The only team I see giving them issues in the Pacific is the Oilers just because McDavid and Drai are that good. Edmonton also had a good deadline.

The isles lost the deadline. What were they thinking trading that package for Pageau and then signing him to that contract?? Lou is still great at many things but the game is passing him by in a lot of areas. That contract is going to age poorly and giving up a first is horrible value for Pageau.

I also think Carolina did very well as did Edmonton getting a lightning fast scoring winger for McDavid and serviceable depth in Ennis and Green. I imagine the game against Edmonton tomorrow night is going to be a track meet.

Reactions: Paul4587

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
So happy Ol Barstool is back on his “need to get faster” kick. Geez. I’m not sure he knows what identity he prefers his teams have.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Lets put it this way. We cant be talking about the same thing at this time next year. It's time for some of them to step up to the plate.

Oh Bob. Your unfailing ability to snipe at your own players to the media while simultaneously providing them with way too long a grace period to rebuild trust will never not amuse and/or frustrate me.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I like all the trades this past week except the Ritchie one although I don’t completely hate it as I follow the Bruins and Heinen is a decent player even if I feel Ritchie is more valuable. Grant I underestimated the return we would get for him but I have no issue with moving him for an asset.

I wish we dealt Rakell though. His game is going nowhere here and that would really shake up the core. Other than the Kase deal none of these are going to be particularly impactful trades although there may be some upside in the Milano deal which I think was the best trade for BM today.
Based on the way Bob called out his leaders (again) in his press conference, wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Rakell shipped out in the offseason. He said he never considered trading core players at the deadline, so it was never really an option. But it's definitely something I can see him exploring before the draft if Rakell doesn't have some sort of spark over the last 20 games.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Did Bob forgot to send guys down again for the playoff roster deadline? Nothing on the AHL site for San Diego transactions today.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I can't be bothered to expend any emotion on our deadline activity. But I sure wish Bob would stop pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining. I'm really tired of hearing it.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
think BM did a good job today....even if it was somewhat undoing the mess he has made....didnt go far enough IMO, but its hard to hold that against him as i assume there were other deals he was working on that didnt get done...the way i see it, is we are about 1.5 years behind the schedule with 2/24/20 being the day he finally comitted to fixing this team....we still have several guys that are a dime a dozen on this roster and taking up spots for other guys, but atleast we can say it is a start.....the process has offically began, hope to see many more guys moved out in the offseason, and looking to develop/sign/draft high skilled players who can put the puck in a NHL net on a regular basis.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Overall, Murray didn’t do anything too meaningful. He had to shake things up due to where we are in the standings. Heinen and Milano have a chance to find success here. Getting the 1st round pick for Kase is nice. A 4th for Grant is a bit disappointing given the market.

The sad truth is that the best asset we’ll be getting is with our first round pick. Need to land another Zegras (or better) prospect and keep the rebuild going

Reactions: JabbaJabba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad