GDT: Trade Deadline 2020 coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
What happened with Del Zotto and Miller? Would have thought those were posted for sale. Del Zotto has shown some glimpses to be a depth player, I’m curious why he didn’t get any bites. Miller I guess might have been ok just to stick around for his last season than to be away from home for a few months.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I don't get the complaints about the additonal 1st.

Perry #28, Palmeri #26, Etem #29 (ok did not turn out), Rakell #30, Theodore #26, Larsson #27, Steel #30, Tracey #29. And it was is for a player that has serious health problems. Problems that shy teams away to trade for him. A healthy Kase would be a core player here. But in the end we can only hope he stays healthy somehow but a team has serious problems do plan with a player like that. He is what? 1 concussion away to end his carreer?

After getting deeper into Heinen I like him as a player, nevertheless, Ritchie progressed imho, slow but he did. I would have preferred to keep him. We will see how Heinen fits.

Milano for Shore is great. In the worst case it's an even trade but Milano has way more potential and great hands.

Grant landed what was expected. He never worked outside of ANA before and is an UFA. I guess that is to consider as well.

Axel Andersson will be an interesting one. Looks like the Ducks where quite high on him in his draft year and since Martin Madden is in charge of all scouting agendas I fully expect that we added players he also is high on.

One final word on Ritchie, looks like he was the one Murray referred to when he took over coaching last year. The one that would not play while hurting in a regular season game but if it was a playoff game.

The sad truth is that the best asset we’ll be getting is with our first round pick. Need to land another Zegras (or better) prospect and keep the rebuild going

Looking at the top 10 of this years draft, this is likely going to happen. So many great young prospects there.

Heinen and Milano can both be good middle 6 players. Like Kase and Ritchie but with different skillset.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
What happened with Del Zotto and Miller? Would have thought those were posted for sale. Del Zotto has shown some glimpses to be a depth player, I’m curious why he didn’t get any bites. Miller I guess might have been ok just to stick around for his last season than to be away from home for a few months.

Guess Bob didn’t want to trade Del Zotto for a late round pick two years in a row. No idea if Bob even approached Miller about waving his NTC.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Overall I`m not too satisfied with the trades and waiver pickup. We got smaller and we might be easier to play against.

It's not like Ritchie is a two way force out there. Kase was smallish too. At least we got faster.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Most solid vanilla line in history lol
Meh i think heinen has skill... silf is a good winger... maybe not flashy but plays hard. Steel has more skill than you give him credit for, but his focus seems to be making the smart plays and right plays... im hopin the team allows him to play free now that the season is pretty much over

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If zegras comes out this year, do you think henrique is gone @ draft?
I don`t think that`s the right question to ask.

I doubt Murray tries to get rid of him. But he`ll certainly listen to what other teams offer for him, if they do. In the meantime, given Bob's comments about leadership I really think Rakell might be dangled around. But Murray can`t lose both - so one or the other gone by the draft? I could see it yeah (although I don`t necessarily agree with it)

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don`t think that`s the right question to ask.

I doubt Murray tries to get rid of him. But he`ll certainly listen to what other teams offer for him, if they do. In the meantime, given Bob's comments about leadership I really think Rakell might be dangled around. But Murray can`t lose both - so one or the other gone by the draft? I could see it yeah (although I don`t necessarily agree with it)
Ya i could see 1 of them going... and it might be rakell given henrique is a better leadership guy and having mhch bettet season.... rakell is higher value.

I think a lot depends how we do in draft lotto also.... should be interesting off season... i think next year is going to be another bad year but we should be trending back up the year after if drafts go well.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ya i could see 1 of them going... and it might be rakell given henrique is a better leadership guy and having mhch bettet season.... rakell is higher value.

I think a lot depends how we do in draft lotto also.... should be interesting off season... i think next year is going to be another bad year but we should be trending back up the year after if drafts go well.
Yeah good point about the lottery. There are still 20 games or 1/4 of the season left to play and honestly so much can change I realised few days ago there`s really no point of closely following our position in the standings just yet.
And yeah more and more looks like we will not be in the playoffs next year but that also rises my concern about Lindholm on this team and who knows who else might become available. And also rises concerns about next years after that - how quickly we will gonna be able to get back in.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Well I'm still processing all these changes, but I don't think the team is significantly different right now. Long term, other than the first round pick, it seems BM largely went scavenging for hidden treasures, so we'll see how that works out.

Only thing I really know for certain is that I'm rooting for Boston in the playoffs.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
think BM did a good job today....even if it was somewhat undoing the mess he has made....didnt go far enough IMO, but its hard to hold that against him as i assume there were other deals he was working on that didnt get done...the way i see it, is we are about 1.5 years behind the schedule with 2/24/20 being the day he finally comitted to fixing this team....we still have several guys that are a dime a dozen on this roster and taking up spots for other guys, but atleast we can say it is a start.....the process has offically began, hope to see many more guys moved out in the offseason, and looking to develop/sign/draft high skilled players who can put the puck in a NHL net on a regular basis.

It's not hard for me to hold this against him. He's always having to react to the messes of his own making; it is a consistent pattern with him.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Overall I`m not too satisfied with the trades and waiver pickup. We got smaller and we might be easier to play against.

This is a big problem. We don't have the firepower and skills to punish teams offensively and on the power play so teams will take liberties... we will be the little brother playing against the big brother on most nights. We don't have an identity... no longer the big physical team like the Bruins so I guess Murray wants us to be a finesse team. I am ok with going with speed/skill, but we need those small guys to play with heart and grit (like the Lightning players). This requires long term planning (draft and trades) which I don't think Murray has patience for... he just gets whatever leftovers that are available. I still prefer more size because if you look at the champions, even the finesse teams need big guys to win it all, and why Lightning were so willing to give really good assets for players who I never thought would fetch that type of return (Goodrow & Coleman).

I feel really bad for Gibby. Yes, he has Gudbranson and Manson in front of him, but he also has Fowler, Guhle, Larsson, and now Persson and Djoos in front of him. He's might smile or be non-chalant, but you can see that he is frustrated by opponents bumping and running him intentionally. Its a matter of time where he gets injured, or feigns injuries to avoid having to play on a crap team.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Zegras does make the jump next year I think he will play wing.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Z should stay in Boston for another year. I don't think he should be in next year's environment, it's bound to be tumultuous and frustrating for everyone.

Really hope Bob dangles a package of Rakell + BOS 1st at the draft and see what comes of it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Well I'm still processing all these changes, but I don't think the team is significantly different right now. Long term, other than the first round pick, it seems BM largely went scavenging for hidden treasures, so we'll see how that works out.

Only thing I really know for certain is that I'm rooting for Boston in the playoffs.
I honestly feel like all we really did was trade our 24-26 year old struggling/disappointments for other teams 24-26 year old struggling disappointments.

Although as far as this year goes, I’m rooting for them to be out in a 1st round sweep. Next year can be their year.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I honestly feel like all we really did was trade our 24-26 year old struggling/disappointments for other teams 24-26 year old struggling disappointments.

Although as far as this year goes, I’m rooting for them to be out in a 1st round sweep. Next year can be their year.

If they get the second seed trust me, you don’t want that. For the good of hockey the Leafs can’t sweep the Bruins, the media and hfboards would become unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad