GDT: Trade Deadline 2020 coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Honestly didn't even know that. Maybe Madden should stick to scouting prospects and get someone new for the pro side.
May have to correct myself. Looks like it's now Rick Paterson. I know Madden was the director of pro scouting the last 3 or 4 seasons.

But it's not like we were any better before this year, either. Whoever is on the pro scouting side definitely has had their share of goofs, although to be fair, the amateur side is responsible for most of our acquisitions, since we are trading mostly for guys who haven't been in the NHL much or at all.

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Can any duck fan honestly say that these trades made us better NOW or in the future?
i think you could easily argue that our future looks better now.

as for right now. i think we're probably in the exact same spot or slightly worse but isn't the whole point of selling? Obviously you sell your NOW ot get better for the FUTURE which i think we did.

It's a crapshoot since its picks and prospects with potential that have warts but i'd rather the potential right now than knowing we keep the guys who are not gonna amount to anything more than they are now.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This is exactly what I wanted to do this deadline, shake things up a bit and bring in some talented young players that will have every opportunity to get minutes here, don't make any big moves now, wait until the draft, and add a bit more D depth to the organization. Very pleased personally.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Having picked up a 2022 sixth for Holzer, Bob immediately trades away a 2022 seventh (with some sort of condition) and Angus Redmond for Persson. According to Cap Friendly we now have another Swedish defenseman in our system. I sure hope Persson has some potential given this price. Of course he has been in the AHL all year, so I don't really look to see him in Anaheim. I have to wonder what is the purpose of this trade. I think I would rather have the seventh.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Having picked up a 2022 sixth for Holzer, Bob immediately trades away a 2022 seventh (with some sort of condition) and Angus Redmond for Persson. According to Cap Friendly we now have another Swedish defenseman in our system. I sure hope Persson has some potential given this price. Of course he has been in the AHL all year, so I don't really look to see him in Anaheim. I have to wonder what is the purpose of this trade. I think I would rather have the seventh.

lol its a 7th round pick... come on now.. a full time AHL stud is way better than your typical 7th round pick.

i cant remember where but i thought the condition was something like 25 nhl games next year. Essentially if he doesn't play for us than its just redmond for persson which is literally a free potential guy since redmond our 5th string goalie at this point.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
haha, wow... losing Kase, Ritchie...vet role players for crapshoots in Milano, Axel, late first, and really late picks... you have really low standards.
Kase is one hit away from being depres'd
Terry and henrique made Ritchie look a lot better than we know he is lately

Reactions: Masch78

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Kase is one hit away from being depres'd
Terry and henrique made Ritchie look a lot better than we know he is lately

I’m ok with moving on due to Kase being injured too much and Richie being a bonehead and not playing to his abilities... my problem is the return. I’ve seen Heinen plenty and he’s like a 4th liner who can sometimes be a 3rd liner. At least Ritchie can play a role.... just look at the playoff teams who play heavy. A late 1st who we won’t see for 4 years and has low likelihood to make it is not good enough even if we are confident with Maddens abilities. I really don’t want to watch us lose for the next decade...

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Let's take a deep breath and see for ourselves.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Love adding Persson, Irwin, and Djoos just to give Mahura, Guhle, and Larsson some competition. When everyone is healthy, you’re going to have to earn your spot here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->