GDT: Trade Deadline - 1PM Monday

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Wrong thread? Just love Tippett? Painful gas pockets in your abdomen?

This thread is just turning stupid.

Tippett is not the only guy who wanted Dahlbeck. We were getting trade offers for him less than a day after we traded for him. MAYBE that means he might turn out to be okay. We don't actually KNOW, of course, because he hasn't even played a game for us yet.

I'm certainly not one to be Pollyanna about things but the sheer weight of the doom and gloom around here is starting to really wear at me. When I have to go to the BoH forum to find more positivity, that is an indicator of something fundamentally amiss.

Sure, I'd rather see Newell Brown coaching this team than Tippett, but I'll be damned if I'm going to lemming up and start calling for Maloney and Tippett to be fired just because it's in fashion. For **** sake, we haven't even played a post-deadline hockey game yet, and already this place is devolving into some ridiculous quagmire of pining for Yandle, pissing on what was actually a really good deadline for us, and preemptively parting ways with our head coach because he will not have had the ability to coach guys we've never even seen play yet.

Maybe it's just because I don't drink alcohol that I don't get this whole conversational direction. :help:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
People want Tippett reigned in, not necessarily fired. And it's fine to discuss the very real possibility he ditches a rebuilding team this summer regardless of what management wants.

As for the whole "not having played a game post deadline" thing - what sort of miracles are you expecting?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
As for the whole "not having played a game post deadline" thing - what sort of miracles are you expecting?

I'm not expecting anything right now because I haven't seen any of these guys play. I'm curious to see how they'll perform. I'm intrigued by Dahlbeck. I'm somewhat glad that we got a couple of guys off waivers with a bit of sand to them because I'm tired of guys standing around and staring when OEL gets run. And maybe Moore will suck ass like everyone claims he will, but I've been curious to see how he'd play for us since he was a Blue Jacket.

Not to mention the fact that the prospects we got, along with the guys like Domi, Perlini, Dvorak, Dauphin, etc. are all so ******* far ahead of any prospect corps we've ever had at one time... well, I'm sorry, I'm just finding it hard to feel like the sky is falling.

Add to that, Yandle was on the ice for the only goal against the Rangers tonight, and for some reason I find that really funny.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
People have been wanting Tippet gone long before the trade deadline

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV

Tippett is not the only guy who wanted Dahlbeck. We were getting trade offers for him less than a day after we traded for him. MAYBE that means he might turn out to be okay. We don't actually KNOW, of course, because he hasn't even played a game for us yet.

I'm certainly not one to be Pollyanna about things but the sheer weight of the doom and gloom around here is starting to really wear at me. When I have to go to the BoH forum to find more positivity, that is an indicator of something fundamentally amiss.

Sure, I'd rather see Newell Brown coaching this team than Tippett, but I'll be damned if I'm going to lemming up and start calling for Maloney and Tippett to be fired just because it's in fashion. For **** sake, we haven't even played a post-deadline hockey game yet, and already this place is devolving into some ridiculous quagmire of pining for Yandle, pissing on what was actually a really good deadline for us, and preemptively parting ways with our head coach because he will not have had the ability to coach guys we've never even seen play yet.

Maybe it's just because I don't drink alcohol that I don't get this whole conversational direction. :help:

Its people posting their opinions and discussing them, during this shift on the boards more of us seem to be agreeing is all.

As for the quality of the opinions presented I stand by everything I write on this board as what it is; purely my fairly well educated opinion, nothing more.

I don't think this was a really great deadline day for us. I can see how others might feel this way, and I hope I'm wrong, but at this point I think I'm right. None of the bodies returned our way particularly excite me.

As for Dynomite Dave Tippett, he has shown me plenty over the last few seasons here and I haven't liked what I've seen. I was once a huge Tippett fanboy, just like Maloney, but he's lost his lustre for me. If he can paddle the canoe in the same direction that it looks like Maloney is steering it; then I will give him more time. If not, then I am fine with him moving on.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutely amazing work in the last days by Maloney. Could not have provided better deadline given the circumstances. I'm pretty convinced that GMDM's trade credentials are as high as any one in recent NHL, consistently able to resolve tough issue and provide good returns no matter what complications might be there.

The last three deals were just amazing:

• Was able to get a 1st for Vermette when most were doubting that there are many 1sts to be had from contenders (many of them traded already), and a good prospect in Dahlbeck.
  • Was able to land some pretty massive returns, with an elite potential prospect in du Clair, and stocked up on high draft picks. Only criticism might be no 1st this year, but NYR doesn't have one; plus the 16' draft might be even more important for the organization (Matthews), it's a good move to begin stock up assets to possible get into position to draft him.
  • For someone that we didn't know whether was tradable at all, Z being somewhat concussed; and got another good prospect out of it; basically Z could well have been lost for nothing (many said likely, and blamed GMDM for not moving him faster, but he showed the nay-sayers that they were generally quite mis-informed).

Basically getting an A+ level prospect that could be a top-line player with Domi; two more B+ level prospects that should be NHL regulars, an possibly top6/top4 players in the future; and loaded up on the next two drafts. This basically could not have gone better, considered the difficulties that he faced.

It's time to put away the unwarranted criticism of DM for the foreseeable future. He basically has single handedly raised this franchise to a new level that is set up to succeed for years to come.

I agree, the only criticism I have is I wish we could have gotten a proven NHL player in the Yandle deal. Other than that, I think DM did ok.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

If you keep reading these posts, they will drive you to drink.:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not expecting anything right now because I haven't seen any of these guys play. I'm curious to see how they'll perform. I'm intrigued by Dahlbeck. I'm somewhat glad that we got a couple of guys off waivers with a bit of sand to them because I'm tired of guys standing around and staring when OEL gets run. And maybe Moore will suck ass like everyone claims he will, but I've been curious to see how he'd play for us since he was a Blue Jacket.

Not to mention the fact that the prospects we got, along with the guys like Domi, Perlini, Dvorak, Dauphin, etc. are all so ******* far ahead of any prospect corps we've ever had at one time... well, I'm sorry, I'm just finding it hard to feel like the sky is falling.

Add to that, Yandle was on the ice for the only goal against the Rangers tonight, and for some reason I find that really funny.

Keep going, your talking my language.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Tippett will resign, especially if we land McDavid. He's not walking away from that. Coaches line up to coach Crosby.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Is that from the new CBA or has it always been that way?

It was added in the 2005 CBA. Before that it was the wild west on what was allowed in contracts compared to today. The Visnovsky trade and grievance a couple years ago caused a lot of confusion on how NTC's work when players are traded.

Visnovsky was traded on the same contract from LAK->EDM->ANA->NYI

Edmonton asked Visnovsky to waive his NTC before trading to Anaheim and he agreed. Then when Anaheim traded him to the Isles he filed a grievance that the team didn't ask him permission to waive his NTC.

There's a common belief that Vis lost his NTC because he waived it to be traded to Anaheim. What actually happened is that his NTC had already been voided by the trade from the Kings to Edmonton before the NTC went into effect. The Edmonton brass it seems didn't realize their own player didn't have an NTC when they asked him to waive it.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Doug Armstrong says that, pre-injured Michalek, the Coyotes and Blues were close to a 1-for-1 deal of Letunov for Michalek. That's identical to the final deal, assuming Z plays, so, no lost assets.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
so, no lost assets.

Maloney had other offers for Z, and said that the injury affected both his ability to get those done and his value. So, yes, assets were lost via inaction.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
On a lighter note I'm becoming more and more thrilled with Duclair. Just type in his name on Youtube, spend 20 minutes and watch the first 8-10 videos. Especially the 8 minute long one of his highlights from Quebec.

Then if you're still upset, go to the main boards and check out the prospects thread. Find the one pertaining to Anthony Duclair and read.

If you're still not convinced, go to youtube and type in "Canada WJC" and see how 2/3rds of that absolutely dominant team's first line are the future of the Coyotes, and how much chemistry they have with one another, how electric they are, and how much they love playing together.

I love Yandle, great guy, great teammate, great hockey player...but if he wasn't dead-set on staying here for the foreseeable future, better to trade him now while his value is much higher than it would have been a year from now when he'd have been on an expiring contract.

I will say this...if Duclair busts, and Yandle continues his play, then yes, New York wins this deal for the next 6-8 years or so until Yandle falls out of his prime.

But if Duclair flourishes into the player that he's projected to be, then the Coyotes win this deal for the next 15.

Especially considering the fact that the Rangers may not even be able to re-sign Yandle. (I hope they do, I'm really starting to like that organization.)

All in all, I hope Yandle goes on and wins a cup with the Rangers and has a long, successful, healthy career...and i hope Duclair turns into the potential star winger he's projected to be, with the same hopes for him that i have for Yandle.

256767p.jpg

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Because Dave Tippett said out loud, to the media, on purpose, that Dave Moss was our best RW last season. Like for real. He's mentally disturbed. He shouldn't just be fired, he should h evaluated and possibly committed.

Get some sleep or have a beer rt - you're going more than a little bit overboard.

indczn

May 28, 2008
What did he expect?

Seriously? Is he that naive to think that this country club bull**** was going to be allowed to continue?

Wishing more and more he'd been put out to pasture 3 years ago when he might have actually had any value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad