GDT: Trade Deadline - 1PM Monday

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Watch this video and tell me Doan isn't completely fed up with the organization. He's had time to cool down, so we can't blame this on raw emotion like the other night. Listen to his reaction after being asked about "where to go from here" and ESPECIALLY the last question that Dave Vest asks. He looks disgusted, angry, and exhausted.

This is a guy who has always been really calm, collective, and polite with the media. Towards the end you almost get the feeling he wants to punch Vest in the face. He seems jealous of Yandle going to New York. Almost like he's fantasizing on what it would be like to be in his shoes. Also mentions Yandle took it "personal."
I didn't get that sense at all. I mean sure he looks frustrated but that's to be expected. He's the captain of a team that's enduring one of if not it's worst season in history, some beloved teammates have been traded, the ghost of the WCF team is basically dead and all this is happening about a year after he was off to one of his best starts in recent memory only to be derailed by a ****ing tick. This is a man who is beat down, that's all I'm getting out of it. He's beat down, frustrated and there's basically nothing he can do about it right now.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yandle can dry his tears with his Stanley Cup ring later.

As for Doan, if he's invested his heart and soul into this team, then he's gotta realize that what Maloney did is the best chance for this team to be an actual competitor at some point. If he thought the roster as constituted was magically going to start winning again based on his personal affinity for certain guys, well... he's taken one too many hoofs to the noggin.
I feel like you're going off for no reason. Yandle took it personally in that he knows he was a big part of the team and wasn't able to help right the ship. I think Doan feels the same way, they didn't want their group to be broken up but their inability to turn it around is a big reason why it was. That's gotta be frustrating and I think that's all we're seeing here. I don't think Doan is delusional, he knew it was coming but just because you know it's coming doesn't make it suck less. Remember the team wasn't that far removed from blazing out to an amazing record and looking like 2012 again only for him to get bit by a tick and suddenly the wheels came way the **** off and it's been hell ever since. Very, very frustrating for all involved but ten fold for someone like Doan. No need to bust out with the pitchfork man, let the guy process his emotions.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It will, in fact I won't be remotely surprised if the kids give Doaner a new lease on life.

My theory is that we're going to get a veteran or two in UFA who can be Doan's fellow graybeards next season. I'm hoping that last night's effort and his fight with Getzlaf helps a bit too.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
My theory is that we're going to get a veteran or two in UFA who can be Doan's fellow graybeards next season. I'm hoping that last night's effort and his fight with Getzlaf helps a bit too.

I think Vermette returns

Market will crash this summer for UFA's.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

We need good, versatile veterans who can fulfill multiple roles and insulate the kids. A useful tough customer or two who can protect our budding stars certainly wouldn't hurt either (someone like a Derek Dorsett).

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
It will, in fact I won't be remotely surprised if the kids give Doaner a new lease on life.

I feel this way as well. I think all that new energy and drive will light a fire under him. Their perspective will be far more positive than what we've had around this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad