GDT: Trade Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Jesus ****ing christ Tatar, who never scored more than 30 goals, got a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd -- and our idiot GM says teams do not give up draft picks.

Draft picks are overrated!

Would you be fine with a McCarron, DLR and a Crisp for Pacioretty?

You don't trade a guy like Pacioretty for picks... You need some guaranteed value coming back!

I dont know how old you are, but i can tell you i cant do things now at 42 that i was able to do at 36 and when i was 36 is wasnt able to do thing i did when i was 30. Weber is turning 33 and going for a major surgery that will affect him now matter what. Weber will not be able to play 25+ minutes a game and still be effective. Weber is no Chara or Jagr.

And why exactly is Weber not a Chara or a Jagr? I mean, you have absolutely nothing to back up that claim...

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Tell me about it. However my step son came over and I completely destroyed him in 8 straight fights on street fighter for our retroNES. Gotta agree 30 is the first wall, some make it as far as 32. Had a great party a couple yeasr ago where my cousins Ex was saying how hard 31 was compared to previous years. I was 37 at the time And I said 35 is much worse and it keeps going downhill.

Just hoping the refine that stem cell therapy for knees or I am going to be in a wheelchair by 50. Though that should give me time to sharpen up my FPS skills a bit.

I'm in my 20's and sometimes I wake up feeling 20 years older then I am

Reactions: Doc McKenna

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I gotta say, it's adorable how Belail will spin to the last second, pretending like it doesn't matter Weber had a major surgery at 33 years old, in his foot of all places. I'm sure that won't affect his already exemplary skating.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I gotta say, it's adorable how Belail will spin to the last second, pretending like it doesn't matter Weber had a major surgery at 33 years old, in his foot of all places. I'm sure that won't affect his already exemplary skating.

It's funny how Markov was done after his knee surgeries... I'm almost sure you where blasting Bergevin for extending him, right?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I have checked out the Panthers board a number of times and the comments I see about Bjugstad are pretty negative. Big but soft and doesnt produce.

Just chiming in regarding Bjugstad.

You guys have Patches as you whipping boy, we have Bjugstad. People hate on him because Tallon protected him over Smith in the expansion draft. It's mostly just irrational hate.

He's playing as a winger which isn't his natural position and has had his best years as a 2C for us (Trocheck beat him to the job). I personally think he is better suited as a C. Big, can skate and has a good shot. Not a great playmaking center though.

He's a 40-45ish point player in the right situation. The expectation should be that. Nothing more, nothing less.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's funny how Markov was done after his knee surgeries... I'm almost sure you where blasting Bergevin for extending him, right?

Markov is the exception, not the rule. The guy missed almost 3 straight seasons with injuries, the fact the he was able to return is a miracle, not some indication that Weber will obviously recover 100%.

You want me to get you a list of players in their 30's who declined after injuries? :laugh:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Kane had two assists and his coach was lauding his all around game.

He COULD be a real revelation, as Radulov was for us last year and Staal was for Minnesota. Getting high quality players that are deemed to have some kind of baggage can be a way of really improving the team without giving up too much, and less overall not improving.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

Seriously, are you related to Bargain Bin or are you actually him?

There is a consensus from almost everyone in hockey that Bargain Bin has been doing an awful job, yet you have to ride in on the white horse to save him from any type of criticism and spin it to a positive.

The facts show he is an awful GM, and the on ice product emphasize the point. We are a terrible team with so many holes that you really don't know where to start.

At almost every turn he's made the wrong move when it mattered most. We are a much worse team since he's began systematically dismantling everything. How can he say that he wants to get younger and faster, and have traded away PK Subban for an older slower defenseman? How can he say that GM's weren't trading draft picks, when a record number of 1st round picks were traded? The lies, 4th line trades, and bottom pairing defensemen moves are all that remain constant with this regime. I'm sure you find it all acceptable and part of the plan though.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I like it when you accidentally bash the team, like here when you admit you have no confidence in our drafting.
Oh, he has always blamed Timmins. But he ignores the fact that this is still Bergevins fault. If Bergevin isnt making any changes regarding drafting/development, that means he is satisfied with how things are right now.

Reactions: junyab

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

Markov slowed down but the game wasnt as fast then as it is today. Dont let the reality of the situation deter you though. Keep up the good fight.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
What is the possibility of signing John Tavares and winning lottery for Ramus Dahlin?

Pacioretty Tavares Gallagher
Galchenyuk Danault Drouin
Lehkonen Hudon Sherbak
Byron de la Rose Shaw
Deslaureris

Dahlin Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Benn

Price
Lindgren

Reactions: junyab

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
What is the possibility of signing John Tavares and winning lottery for Ramus Dahlin?

Lehkonen Hudon Sherbak
Byron de la Rose Shaw
Deslaureris

Dahlin Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Benn

Price
Lindgren

0%

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Lehkonen Hudon Sherbak
Byron de la Rose Shaw
Deslaureris

Dahlin Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Benn

Price
Lindgren

I think Paul Stastny will be easier to get than Tavares. But the lineup looks good.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I disagree.. a disaster would be to receive nothing and let him walk free next summer.

I mean we're 1.5 years from that point. That's not gonna happen. If we get to next deadline then yes take a draft pick for him but for now? There's no use in panicking and taking a bad deal, much as I want it to get done for my own sanity.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Did anyone read Friedmans 31 thoughts?
Bergevin's ask for Pacioretty was:

1st + Toffoli + Vilardi from LA

Coyle + from the Wild

Trocheck from the Panthers

What the f*** is he smoking?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If those are actually true, I take back what I said about Pacioretty at the deadline. Those are some brutal offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad