GDT: Trade Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Bergevin decides to extend Pacioretty then I will lose my shit, but I will wait until I see what happens. UFA Lucic(we can all agree he is a worse player) got Colin Miller, Martin Jones(flipped for 29th overall) and 13th overall...

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If Bergevin decides to extend Pacioretty then I will lose my ****, but I will wait until I see what happens. UFA Lucic(we can all agree he is a worse player) got Colin Miller, Martin Jones(flipped for 29th overall) and 13th overall...
Lucic had a very solid playoffs reputation though. He was a force in Boston with .64 ppg.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If Bergevin decides to extend Pacioretty then I will lose my ****, but I will wait until I see what happens. UFA Lucic(we can all agree he is a worse player) got Colin Miller, Martin Jones(flipped for 29th overall) and 13th overall...
Let me propose this scenario to you...not saying it will happen, just throwing it out there.

Its the last week of June...before the draft.

Word comes out John Tavares is going to market.

Do you still trade Pacioretty?

Again...I'm not saying this is gonna happen, just fantasy talk here.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

But can Bergevin and company be that creative 4 months from now? I just have a hard time believing he can do something like that.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Going for a rebuild doesn't mean giving up valuable asset for garbage.
If you have a wanted asset around the league, get the most out of it. You can get good return off picks or young prospects. I agree that we shouldn't focus on a center prospect in return. If a team is willing to offer a winger or Dman with even better upside, then go for that.

We shouldn't get garbage assets but when you go for a scorched earth concept(like I think we should), even if we don't get stellar prospect, we should go for it. Cause that's what a full rebuild is and when you lose a big piece, it might do good for other players like the Avs losing Duchene. It's a whole philosophy of creating space and creating a new energy for a new generation. A new team.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Let me propose this scenario to you...not saying it will happen, just throwing it out there.

Depends on the return to be honest. If he doesn't play with Patches it would be with Drouin.
I for one agree, I'm not one to just want Patches to leave, if it's not worth it I'm keeping him.

Reactions: 417

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I'm looking to trade Pacioretty regardless of Tavares' status. I don't like him as a player. Doesn't mean I'll trade him for anything, but a better Lucic like package.

Reactions: 417

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But can Bergevin and company be that creative 4 months from now? I just have a hard time believing he can do something like that.
I don't trust Bergevin to get that kind of package. Brisebois on the other hand could, he is looking at a dynasty right in front of his face.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lucic still showed up in the playoffs. That's why the Kings traded for him, not his regular season so much.
I don't think GM's really factor that in to be honest. They know Pacioretty could also become a force if he was traded to a much better team with more scoring and far less pressure.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

I might be the only one but i wouldnt go for Tavares if Weber and Price are not traded. Cant build a winning team with guys like Price, Weber, Alzner, Shaw on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickles and 417

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
We had a shit off season
A shit season
A shit deadline.
I'm pissed but starting to get over this and unfortunately accepting this garbage we have become under Bergevin.

But if I was a Blues fan, WOW !!!
Those guys must be livid. Terrible terrible what's happened there since x-mas

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I might be the only one but i wouldnt go for Tavares if Weber and Price are not traded. Cant build a winning team with guys like Price, Weber, Alzner, Shaw on your team.

Why go after Tavares if you trade Price or Weber
Tavares is still young enough to have a major impact
Thing is can Price and Weber last for a few more seasons

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We had a **** off season
A **** season
A **** deadline.
I'm pissed but starting to get over this and unfortunately accepting this garbage we have become under Bergevin.

But if I was a Blues fan, WOW !!!
Those guys must be livid. Terrible terrible what's happened there since x-mas

Are you kidding me? I'd trade our team with theirs every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I'd want their GM yesterday.

Reactions: Kimota

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm looking to trade Pacioretty regardless of Tavares' status. I don't like him as a player. Doesn't mean I'll trade him for anything, but a better Lucic like package.
I'm all for trading him...

But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to see what he could do playing with a true #1C for the first time in his NHL career.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to see what he could do playing with a true #1C for the first time in his NHL career.
Won't get to see it here though, so I want him out. Keeping him would lead to another brutal contract.

Reactions: Runner77

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

What #1C? Tavares isn’t happening and it’s going to be awhile at the rate we’re going at to develop one even if we acquire someone promising meaning we would have to pay stupid money towards a Pacioretty whose always been streaky and on the wrong side of 30.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What #1C? Tavares isn’t happening and it’s going to be awhile at the rate we’re going at to develop one even if we acquire someone promising meaning we would have to pay stupid money towards a Pacioretty whose always been streaky and on the wrong side of 30.
The first sentence in the post you quoted literally says

"I'm all for trading him"

Also thanks for reminding me Tavares isn't coming...cause I didn't point out several times in the previous post that I was just playing fantasy.

Jeez...we can't even imagine nice things here lol

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad