Trade Day - All trade info here

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Weird situation been developing in Washington for an hour. Lots of reports they've made a notable trade, but no one has the details yet. Popular guess is it involves Stafford from Buffalo.

What is going on there?! That's been quite a delay.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Sharks fan here - how's Torres been this season? Sharks fans hate him for a fair reason, but I'm already putting the past behind us.

Thanks!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sharks fan here - how's Torres been this season? Sharks fans hate him for a fair reason, but I'm already putting the past behind us.

Thanks!

He's been satisfactory. Nothing special. He's lost a certain amount of gusto given the suspension last year. He's still a solid 3rd/4th liner. We all wish him well. I still feel bad that he was made an example last year by the NHL.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I kinda wish they'd given Lombardi a bit more of a chance but he was pretty expensive for what he was bringing to the table. Overall though I'm completely fine with the trades. Sullivan clearly wasn't working here and a neutered Raffi just wasn't the same. Basically I feel like the Yotes gained some assets without really losing much or affecting their chances at the playoffs. It's going to be a tall order to make the post season but I honestly don't think those chances are much worse than they were before today.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Thanks!
He's ok but unfortunately the league neutered him last season and he's no longer the same player. It sucks because I think he was unfairly targeted but what can you do. He's still got some game but that scarlet letter the league burned into his head last season will forever stop him from being anywhere near as effective as he used to be.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Surprising. I wonder if the Caps feel the Swedish Second Division amounted to a lost year of development for Forsberg.

Why would they? It's a decent league and he was excellent in it. Also shined brightly at the WJCs. I'd kill to have this player in our system. How bad does Nashville miss Suter? Could Yandle to Nashville work? I want Forsberg.

albertabound

Jan 25, 2008
The pirates are trying to make the playoffs, so nobody good.

McMillan seems like Chipchura insurance to me.

??? don't understand what your saying? If you are comparing McMillan to Chip, not even close. McMillan is a soft player, face it if he was as good or a replacement for Chip why has he been in AHL the last 2 years?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Nashville fleeced Washington with that trade. Erat's a consistent 50 point scorer and still has wheels, but he's north of 30. Forsberg was considered a Top 5 pick last year and inexplicably slid out of the Top 10. Lots of upside with him and he was developing well. The Caps are far from a Cup contending team this year, much less a playoff team.

If Washington was willing to sell low with Forsberg, makes me wonder if GMDM tried to make a play for him.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I don't understand why so many of you place such high value on unproven prospects? I used that old saying before and I reference it again, why do you seem to think 1 in hand = 1 in bush?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
On April 3, 2013, Forsberg was traded to the Nashville Predators in exchange for Martin Erat and Michael Latta. This may go down as the worst trade in the Washington Capitals' franchise history.[5]

From Wikipedia. I lol'd.

rt

May 13, 2004
It depends on the prospect. I happen to like Forsberg quite a bit. I'm not nearly as high on a guy like Ryan Strome, for example. Probably similar trade value, and just as highly regarded, but it comes down to personal preference. I think the world of Brandon Gormley, but I think Derrick Pouliot sucks. Again, equally well regarded and probably worth the same in a trade.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
RT, I looked up Forsberg's stats and they didn't strike me as very high, but I know nothing about the SEL and other foreign leagues. Are his stats high for the league he plays in?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It depends on the prospect. I happen to like Forsberg quite a bit. I'm not nearly as high on a guy like Ryan Strome, for example. Probably similar trade value, and just as highly regarded, but it comes down to personal preference. I think the world of Brandon Gormley, but I think Derrick Pouliot sucks. Again, equally well regarded and probably worth the same in a trade.
I get that but I'm sure you understand how often prospects fail vs succeed, why would you be willing to rate them anywhere near someone who is already proven. Let's take Yandle for example, he's already a proven stud, why trade him form someone who MIGHT be a stud in a few years?

rt

May 13, 2004
Erat is 31, right? He will spend most of next season being 32? Forsberg could step in next week and give the Preds twelve years. Erat probably hits a wall within a few. It's definitely a risk. All trades are.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Erat is 31, right? He will spend most of next season being 32? Forsberg could step in next week and give the Preds twelve years. Erat probably hits a wall within a few. It's definitely a risk. All trades are.
Yes but earlier you hinted at Phoenix maybe tangling Yandle to a Suter missing Nashville in order to get Forsberg now that he's there. I can understand trading a good second line forward like Erat for Forsberg but I cannot understand trading a top offensive defenseman like Yandle for Forsberg.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Mark Masters‏@markhmasters
Gaborik on conference call while driving to airport: 'It's nice to be on a team that really wants me'

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
@PollakOnSharks: New-#SJShark Torres on HP reception: "San Jose fans have been pretty tough on me the past couple years, but I get it....(1/2)@PollakOnSharks: "...It’s the way I play. Hopefully once I get starting on the bodY and scoring a couple goals they’ll turn into fans." (2/2)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why would they? It's a decent league and he was excellent in it. Also shined brightly at the WJCs. I'd kill to have this player in our system. How bad does Nashville miss Suter? Could Yandle to Nashville work? I want Forsberg.

His stat line in the Swe2 is not overly impressive. Scouting report is he's more of a shooter than a playmaker which would make him more Olli Jokinen than Getzlaf. It's an interesting development but I can't see Nashville dealing him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00