Trade Day - All trade info here

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, I'm glad that I don't have to watch Sullivan anymore...sorry to see Torres go, but a 3rd isn't bad, I thought after seeing what Clowe got that Torres would actually be worth a 2nd, but a 3rd is decent.

I'd prefer to have a draft pick rather than McMillon, but Lombardi wasn't the answer either, so it's all meh to me.

Maybe now we can bring up Brown, not sure whether Miele can actually play at this level and if Korpikoski is still hurt we may find out. My guess for the lines Thursday:

Doan/Hanzal/Vrbata
Boedker/Vermette/Korpikoski
Klinkhammer/Gordon/Moss
Brown/Chipchura/Bissonette

unless they actually like McMillon, then

Doan/Hanzal/Vrbata
Boedker/Vermette/Korpikoski
Klinkhammer/Gordon/Moss
Chipchura/McMillon/Brown
Bissonette

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Good dumps by the Yotes today, gain a few picks and really lose nothing from the current roster.

Regarding the Caps trade, I think something is up with Forsberg. He fell at the draft and the Caps bailed early on him. Might not be the prospect many thought a year ago. I still am not a huge fan of the deal but I am willing to let it play out.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
The few minor assets received and the chance to get a look at some more young guys are both good, but these deals were also about saving a bit of money.

That's ok, it is what it is. Every dollar saved counts.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Maloney's father passed away this Sunday. Wow. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the pick in the SJ/Torres deal is in fact the Panthers' 3rd, so it'll be much earlier in the round.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Brown and Connor up, McMillan to Portland:

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 21m

#Coyotes have recalled Chris Brown and Chris Conner from Portland.

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 2h

McMillan will report to Portland.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Would have liked to see N. Johnson back up over Connor, but okay. And it sounds like McMillan potentially brings basically the same things to the table as this latest post-injury version of Lombardi -- bottom six with speed. Should be a good fit with Tippett. Just turned 23 yoa two weeks ago.

jdfitz12

Oct 11, 2008
I'm so disappointed the yotes could not acquire a top 6 forward.
This team needs scoring and could of picked up something for a 2nd rounder.
Inexcusable.
I guess St. Louis and Columbus don't see things the same way.
Last time I looked, we are not that far apart in the standings

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Inexcusable.

What did you have in mind? A 2nd for who? Keep in mind we don't have an owner and had very little room in our budget to add salary.

There's a reason everyone is high on this draft. Players who are going to go in the 2nd round this year are players that would have been mid to late first rounders next year. It is that strong of a draft. I'm extremely happy we hung onto our picks myself.

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Inexcusable.

We need scoring help for sure, but giving up a 2nd rounder (in a deep draft) wasn't going to get us a Top 6 forward. Trading Yandle would've been pretty much the only way to do that.

wpgyotes

Bye Bryz
Jul 6, 2006
After the return Clowe fetched I thought we'd get more for our spare parts, but I'll take it. Tough to see them going in this direction after three straight years of playoff appearances, but the writing was on the wall with the way it's gone this year - left too many points on the table.

It's not like they need a full rebuild - lots of good pieces. Can we get an owner in the off season please?

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
McMillan was a great player his rookie season then when he and the rest of the team had a slump last season he never really got another chance. He'll be great for your guys system I think, he's great defensively and if I remember right he had a couple shorthanded goals and assists.

If anyone wants a McMillan stick there's now one available haha

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
McLellans blog, lots of quotes from Treliving in there:

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/s...to-a-fast-finish-at-the-deadline-for-coyotes/

“You’d like to get those commitments from those players in terms of a contract extension prior to the trade deadline,” Treliving explained. “The uncertainty still surrounding our team — some players are still not prepared to commit. They don’t know if the team will actually still be in Phoenix or if it’s going somewhere else, how is it all going to work? So it’s been a challenge. You have to do what you think is right for your organization.”

coyotes

Mar 8, 2013
I basically read the headline as "Coyotes didn't trade Yandle"

I love Yandle. My sports app sent me an erroneous message that said we traded "Coyotes spark plug Keith Yandle for San Jose Sharks 3rd round pick" In fact, I think it was the ESPN Score Center app.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I basically read the headline as "Coyotes didn't trade Yandle"

I love Yandle. My sports app sent me an erroneous message that said we traded "Coyotes spark plug Keith Yandle for San Jose Sharks 3rd round pick" In fact, I think it was the ESPN Score Center app.

That's pretty funny, I would have ragequit and broke my phone.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Good dumps by the Yotes today, gain a few picks and really lose nothing from the current roster.

Regarding the Caps trade, I think something is up with Forsberg. He fell at the draft and the Caps bailed early on him. Might not be the prospect many thought a year ago. I still am not a huge fan of the deal but I am willing to let it play out.

I honestly wondered that about Forsberg. Are there whispers about something behind the scenes we fans could never know about? Some personality defect, or something. It would explain both the drop and the trade. On ice, there is no excuse for either.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So, the Coyotes have 7 picks now? 4th goes to CBJ as a condition of the Vermette trade. Traded to Flyers in the Bobrvosky deal, then to the Kings for Gagne. Picked up the 3rd, which will probably be the first pick of that round.

Surprised Sullivan went for basically free while Torres commanded such a premium.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
McMillon for Lombardi is the only one that puzzles me. McMillon as far as I can tell from his playing experience appears to be a NHL with 15 pt potential.

Lombardi was on pace for a 40pt season, so the only thing I can think of in this instance is that we were trying to save cash and Anaheim said you can pick between this bag of pucks and McMillon.

Btw, the bag of pucks is more than Sullivan was worth and we got a 7th rounder for him, so I'm really happy about that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
McMillon for Lombardi is the only one that puzzles me. McMillon as far as I can tell from his playing experience appears to be a NHL with 15 pt potential.

McMillion might be useful leverage or insurance against Chipchura if he asks for too much. About all I can think of. Apparently he was Anaheim's best bottom 6 guy not too long ago, so perhaps he can return to form.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Matt wanted to live closer to his DaD without actually having to work for him.
Looked like they weren't going to re-sign him. or the other 2 anyways, so why keep them when it's going to be apparent and maybe turn into a distraction? The 'Yotes are trying to re-sign the other impeding free agents. And since management does not know what direction the ongoing saga is headed, Maloney hands are tied. His options will be clearer at the draft, and I would image more teams could be in play.
It seemed no team was willing to trade NHL players for NHL players.in a fair deal that would improve the Coyotes (IMO, this is obvious). A d'man could have been traded but the return would have been insufficient to improve the 'Yotes and I doubt that Maloney wanted to trade draft picks for immediate help either. Maloney has the hardest job in the NHL!!!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I honestly wondered that about Forsberg. Are there whispers about something behind the scenes we fans could never know about? Some personality defect, or something. It would explain both the drop and the trade. On ice, there is no excuse for either.

It immediately reminded me of when we dumped our top 2 prospects Safronov and Zainullin for Darcy Hordichuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad