Continue from here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1311285

stock-market-drop.jpg

Last edited:

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It needs to be the 'great' purge. Anyone who cannot be resigned in the next 5 days needs to be on the market for assets.

Smith (I don't trust Smith to return to a goalie who can stop .920 and that is what we need, so he must go)

Sullivan, Klesla, Gordon, Korpi, Lombardi, etc

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Speculating on pretty much a full rebuild, here's a list of players I wouldn't mind building up as our future core.

G: Chad Johnson

D: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, David Rundblad, David Schlemko, Michael Stone, Chris Summers (can probably trade one or two of these except OEL if necessary)

F: Robert Klinkhammer, Mikkel Boedker, Andy Miele, Alexandre Bolduc, Jordan Szwarz, Martin Hanzal

I'm not entirely familiar with many Portland players so feel free to fill me in if I missed anyone. Not all of these guys will make the cut over time, but the rest of our current roster is more or less expendable within the next 1-3 years in my opinion.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Teams interested in Coyote® products: Capitals, Penguins, Flyers

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Speculating on pretty much a full rebuild, here's a list of players I wouldn't mind building up as our future core.

D: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, David Rundblad, David Schlemko, Michael Stone, Chris Summers (can probably trade one or two of these except OEL if necessary)

F: Robert Klinkhammer, Mikkel Boedker, Andy Miele, Alexandre Bolduc, Jordan Szwarz

I'm not entirely familiar with many Portland players so feel free to fill me in if I missed anyone. Not all of these guys will make the cut over time, but the rest of our current roster is more or less expendable within the next 1-3 years in my opinion.

I say keep Hanzal as well.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Nice to see nobody is overreacting.

Guys, in the close games last year the bounce went our way. This year luck hasn't been on our side. We need some tweaks not a full out and out rebuild. Relax.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Good thing Tippet's contract is up. We should fire him anyways :sarcasm:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Good thing Tippet's contract is up. We should fire him anyways :sarcasm:

I think he is stuck in his ways. I wouldn't trust him to develop young guys. Ulf on the other hand might be more open to trying new things. I am in no way hoping this scenario plays out, but it may be likely. I could see San Jose cleaning house if they miss, bringing in Maloney and Tippett. Colorado. Columbus might need a coach. New York.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I think he is stuck in his ways. I wouldn't trust him to develop young guys. Ulf on the other hand might be more open to trying new things. I am in no way hoping this scenario plays out, but it may be likely. I could see San Jose cleaning house if they miss, bringing in Maloney and Tippett. Colorado. Columbus might need a coach. New York.

So in that case Ulf would take over? Man, dark times are not far off for this hockey club. Not like they aren't dark already :laugh:

Edit: I am not dis-crediting Ulf, just saying it's gonna suck if we lose DT and DM.

Last edited:

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards

F: Robert Klinkhammer, Mikkel Boedker, Andy Miele, Alexandre Bolduc, Jordan Szwarz, Martin Hanzal

In AHL, Chris Brown and Brandon Gormley.

zz

Nov 1, 2006

I just puked in my mouth. There are 4 NHL players in this bunch.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I think Yandle has less reason to sweat now that the Coyotes are sellers. Can't see him being had for picks, and contenders aren't going to give up significant roster players to acquire him.

Like most of you, i think we will be seeing the end of Klesla, Sullivan, Korpikoski, Lombardi, and possibly even Smith.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I could see San Jose cleaning house if they miss, bringing in Maloney and Tippett. Colorado. Columbus might need a coach. New York.

Torts for Tippet, hmmm...

Sullivan has to go, and only for a picks. He shows flashes of why he is great, but just doesn't seem to fit with any of the Yotes forwards or the system. A contender can use him but wont give anything more valuable than a 2nd.

Rusty will get valuable picks, but could potentially bring in a decent forward. I cant gauge his value well.

Honestly I think these two moves should happen. A blockbuster Yandle deal is the only way he should be moved. I also think it is time to move one of Stone, Rundblad or Gormely. In that order. I love Stone but I honestly think his value is currently higher than Klesla's. Rundblad and Gormely's upside is just too high to move, but are too questionable to receive a piece that will make an impact next season.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
We don't need a full rebuild guys.

We do need a few key pieces though, including a winger to replace Sullivan, and that ever-elusive playmaking center.

There are also other needs that may need to be addressed, depending on how many UFA's re-sign. If Smith is gone, a goaltender is our most glaring hole.

Moss has also been a disappointment, seems a lot of you guys are down on Lombardi as well so that leaves #3C open too.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The roster-fu required to ice a competitive team next year means not having one of Doan or Yandle next season. Not enough money to go go around otherwise.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
i think we will be seeing the end of Klesla, Sullivan, Korpikoski, Lombardi, and possibly even Smith.

I doubt anyone will go for Lombardi. If they do, great, send him off for a 4th.

I forgot about Korpi. He is dead to me, especially after missing the penalty shot. He looks like the system has broken him. He mentioned during the lockout how he was hoping to be on the PP, since he was lighting it up over seas. I believe he is frustrated and believes he has more potential than he is allowed to display. The question is what could the Yotes get back to make trading him worthwhile?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Moss has also been a disappointment

Moss is playing better than Korpi, while playing the same role. I think he will be better next year when there is more time to rest between games. I honestly think Korpi and Klesla will bring assets that can be used next year. Moss will only bring a pick unless packaged. I agree that full rebuild is not the way to go.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I like Korpi better than Moss. I'm not sure why he's not a top two line player with his speed but obviously he's missing something in his toolset.

Moss was hyped as an upgraded Pyatt. Somebody who was supposed to screen the goalie on the PP. That's not the same role as Korpi is used in.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Players signed for next season:
Doan, Vermette, Hanzal, Vrbata, Moss, Bissonnette
Yandle, Michalek, Morris, Klesa, OEL, Schlemko

notable in minors
Shinnimin, Brown, Lessio, Swarz
Gormley, Murphy
Visentin, Lee

RFA's
Korpikoski, Boedker, Hextall, Miele, Klinkhammer