Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v9 - Deadline Looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
what suggests he is good enough for top4 D from game 1?. good enough for the NHL? yeah by the end of the season he likely will be but why are we forcing him over his head right away

By watching him play? But sure, he will need to show he's good enough when he eventually plays for the Leafs, which will be in the very near future.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
f***, wanted Jensen. Hope we can still sign him in the offseason for an undervalued cap hit.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Disappointing they don't have any defenders that can help, not all the Marlies are teenagers.

I'd argue Rosen, Sandin and Liljegren would probably be more than capable right now. and likely upgrades on Hainsey and the depth D, but it's better if they stay with the Marlies for obvious reasons.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
First of all I think Babcock has a ton of say in player personnel or Gardiner, Hainsey, Brown, Zaitsev would be dealt away by now. Dubas loves the guys who can play Nylander, Marner, Johnsson, Kap etc..
We are going to be disappointed when he trades for Glendening and Kronwall (Babcock will push hard)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
First of all I think Babcock has a ton of say in player personnel or Gardiner, Hainsey, Brown, Zaitsev would be dealt away by now. Dubas loves the guys who can play Nylander, Marner, Johnsson, Kap etc..
We are going to be disappointed when he trades for Glendening and Kronwall (Babcock will push hard)
I don't mind Glendening esp if it is for Brown. As Glendening is an upgrade to Brown in every way, from their play on ice to their contract.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
The west could get interesting.

Flames and Jets big game hunting.

We've heard Nashville being in on Duchene.

So can someone explain how the Jets have 25 million in cap space at the deadline, and the Flames have 5.7?

I've heard before at the deadline you can squeeze huge contracts in, even if you have little cap space, based on TD Cap space, I've also heard that isn't the case?

Does traded deadline day cap space exist in our reality?

How much can the Jets pickup compared to the Flames?

Full year cap hit for a team is calculated by taking the combining daily cap hit (AAV divided by the number of days in the season) for every player on the roster for each day of the season and it adding together to get your full year cap hit.

There are around 40 days left in the season as of the deadline and there are 186 days in the season. 40/186 is around 21.5% so a player with a 10M AAV on deadline day would only cost the team that acquires him 2.15M in cap space.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
the plus of having added a Jensen would have meant adding a guy that's a positive player in place of sitting a negative player (Zaitsev or Hainsey) so that's the problem. We are allowing negative players in the lineup play meaningful minutes.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
the plus of having added a Jensen would have meant adding a guy that's a positive player in place of sitting a negative player (Zaitsev or Hainsey) so that's the problem. We are allowing negative players in the lineup play meaningful minutes.

I'm not convinced.

I don't think Jensen is all that much of an upgrade on either Hainsey or Zaitsev that warrants trading a 2nd and depth peice (lets say Ozhiganov).

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
I'm not convinced.

I don't think Jensen is all that much of an upgrade on either Hainsey or Zaitsev that warrants trading a 2nd and depth peice (lets say Ozhiganov).

lmaooooooooooooo. They get deployed similarly and Jensen blows both those sorry defensemen out the water. Zaitsev and Hainsey are among a handful of the worst defensemen in the league, for 2 years now. And they take up 2/3rds of ice time per game. so 66% of games we have bottom league NHL defenseman playing. On a team with cup aspirations.

Attachments

• z.JPG
    z.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 8
  • h.JPG
    h.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway