Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v9 - Deadline Looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
One could argue a coaches job is to get them ready and to work... no?
Yeah, and I personally feel like the team is often not outworked as much as they are on their heels. And in my opinion the reason for that is system-based. We are bad at providing close support all over the ice, we rely on players beating their pressure instead of helping each other out, and our breakouts are horrible.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah, and I personally feel like the team is often not outworked as much as they are on their heels. And my opinion on why that happens is system-based. We are bad at providing close support all over the ice, and it definitely looks like a system issue to me.

I would agree with this a lot more than being "out worked".

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Hate to break it to you but the bottom 4 is already getting lit up. At least in this situation you have hope for next year.

Reilly - Ekblad
Dermott - Liljegren
Rosen/Borg - UFA

Sandin etc down the road.

Wow that’s a lot of pressure on liljegren straight into the top 4

Reactions: Buds17

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
WSH paid more than market rate on Jensen, but Bowey was already the odd man out there. That's a win-win trade.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yeah looks like it was too rich for the Leafs (Jensen)... Especially after the Muzzin deal.

I don't see how Dubas is doing much unless he is taking a guy worth something off our roster or someone like Lilly. If so ... it better be someone staying for a while.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wow that’s a lot of pressure on liljegren straight into the top 4

We must be the only team out there afraid of putting young players in a position to play minutes if they are good enough.

Tampa Bay had no problems putting Sergachev and Cernak in and playing good minutes, especially when injuries happened.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I remember the JVR trade return from Washington this board wanted bowey. That's a decent haul for Detroit. Its basically Liljegren and a 2nd no? not a chance I do that

Eh no. It's more like a 23 year old Connor Carrick and a 2nd.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Augello is a notorious Gardiner "hater" and has pushed for him to be traded for years.

He also will tweet out notions the Leafs need to trade Nylander at some point I'm sure, like he has many times already.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
We must be the only team out there afraid of putting young players in a position to play minutes if they are good enough.

Tampa Bay had no problems putting Sergachev and Cernak in and playing good minutes, especially when injuries happened.

what suggests he is good enough for top4 D from game 1?. good enough for the NHL? yeah by the end of the season he likely will be but why are we forcing him over his head right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad