Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
Gardiner isn’t getting traded nor should he
Completely agree, unless it is a RHD that’s as good or better than Gardiner no need to trade him. I personally don’t see any trade popping up that would upgrade Gardiner but I’ve been wrong numerous times before.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Jake and Marleau to SJ would be awesome.

why would SJ agree to take marleau? this he will be moved to SJ narrative isn't thought out far enough. Theyd have to want and I doubt a contending team would want a guy for nostalgia reasons he isn't good enough anymore. We have to hope he he is willing to waive to a cap floor team or be willing to robidas island himself, otherwise we are stucj with 100% of his caphit

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
:laugh: doesn't take much to trigger you eh

babs is a f***ing idiot. Im so sick of these type of quotes, best coach in the league cant work out how to make adjustments? work on that instead of "pushing" the gm to make trades. There is already a portion of this fanbase who were hunter/lou disciples and are looking to rip on dubas any chance, the hick saying things like this doesn't help

HC7

May 2, 2018
Kadri, Gardiner, Muzzin for Ekblad.

Trade Zaitsev plus whatever for cap space in offseason.

Reilly - Ekblad
Dermott - Zaitsev
Rosen - Holl

Florida can flip Gards and Muzzin for like 2 1st rounders plus.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Kadri, Gardiner, Muzzin for Ekblad.

Trade Zaitsev plus whatever for cap space in offseason.

Reilly - Ekblad
Dermott - Zaitsev
Rosen - Holl

Florida can flip Gards and Muzzin for like 2 1st rounders plus.

that bottom pair will get lit up, by even 4th liners

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
babs would cry up a storm if we moved hainsey. The little media jabs at dubas would go into overdrive. This clown needs to shut up, work on your system that gets outworked all the time

It's the players that are getting outworked.

Babcock cant strap on skates and win board battles for the team

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
No reason why the Leafs cannot trade Gardiner for a similar package that Shattenkirk was traded for by the Capitals at deadline:

2 forward prospects (Sanford and Malone, Grade B prospects)
1st round pick
Conditional pick on resigning

Reactions: rumman

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
One could argue a coaches job is to get them ready and to work... no?

I would agree. Everyone wants to talk about locker presence that players like a Tavares, Hainsey, Muzzin, Marleau were all brought in for. To assist the kids. And the king pin himself (Babcock), has a history of making teams outwork everyone on most nights (Anahiem and Detroit), with less skilled rosters then this one.

But for some reason none of the vet leadership brought in, or coach himself cannot get his team to start a game at game time. Something isn't right. This shouldn't be happening with the leadership we have.

I believe the team is too over confident and doesn't believe they have to start right away. They believe their skill will take them places. But its about work ethic, and this is something they cannot do on a constant basis.

HC7

May 2, 2018
that bottom pair will get lit up, by even 4th liners

Hate to break it to you but the bottom 4 is already getting lit up. At least in this situation you have hope for next year.

Reilly - Ekblad
Dermott - Liljegren
Rosen/Borg - UFA

Sandin etc down the road.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Hate to break it to you but the bottom 4 is already getting lit up. At least in this situation you have hope for next year.

Reilly - Ekblad
Dermott - Liljegren
Rosen/Borg - UFA

Sandin etc down the road.

Where is Hainsey in all of this. He definitely would be on bottom pair with Rosen if those deals were done. Bottom pairing wouldn't be too bad.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Seems like the team is telling Dubas to sell right now rather than buy
Does it work that way to?

I hate this type of stuff in the media, just be quiet and let management do there job while you do yours Mike

I doubt they do much... but I'm hoping Dubas will do a bit of both.

If they're not worried about disrupting chemistry... which for the most part I don't think any team usually should be if it makes your team better.

Then why not sell on a couple guys you'll probably lose for nothing.... gain some assets.. and go for that rhd or a power forward.

They don't have to go for it this year necessarily . . But I don't see it getting much easier for them either... and I think most would agree this team could use some fairly significant tweaking on d... and a little sand paper upfront.

I like Dubas for the most part but I think he needs to seriously consider a few changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad