GDT: Trade and Free Agency Thread -- To trade or not to trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
They'll have 18.5mm in capspace with Nylander and Matthews off the books?

What they should have is very little top end talent in the pipeline because they'll be a good regular season team until then.

Anyway, back to Kessel, don't see how he fits with the Leafs even at 50%.

Kessel was traded to create a culture change in Toronto and it was this regime Shanny and Dubas that made that trade originally.

One of the reason for his departure also was a rebuild plan that included Matthews being drafted #1 overall to start the next era.

Last edited:

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
I wouldn't want Kessel back IMO he's not part of an effective bottom 6 solution. He would be detrimental to Team D on the 3rd line.. however improve our 2nd PP. I'd rather look to bring back Bozak than Phil.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I wouldn't want Kessel back IMO he's not part of an effective bottom 6 solution. He would be detrimental to Team D on the 3rd line.. however improve our 2nd PP. I'd rather look to bring back Bozak than Phil.

Probably would be on the 2nd line with Nylander shifting to LW

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Bozak is a terrible C for what the Leafs require. They need someone who can be better than Kerfoot, which he is unquestionably not - especially defensively.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You'd be harder pressed to find a bigger Kessel fan than me on these boards but his time is done in Toronto. Both team and player have moved on.

Somebody's getting moved out though. Safer bet seems to be Engvall

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
Bozak is a terrible C for what the Leafs require. They need someone who can be better than Kerfoot, which he is unquestionably not - especially defensively.

Bozak is a great on the draw and offers above average D play with ability to chip in.

Kerfoot can't take faceoffs, he's ok defensively. He's a better LW options.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This seems like a lot for a pretty average bottom pairing defenseman??? But it's just 1 year so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
This seems like a lot for a pretty average bottom pairing defenseman??? But it's just 1 year so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Obviously did not trust Byram in the full time lineup and Murray was the best guy left on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad