GDT: Trade and Free Agency Thread -- To trade or not to trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
If the Oilers do this, it's the first big misstep that eventually results in McDavid signing with the Leafs at the Scotiabank Arena.

It's the 2nd. The first is the Hyman contract.

It pretty much guarantees mcdavid won't resign wit them and becomes a free agent 1 yr after marner's and tavares' contracts are up, and 2 yrs after matthews and nylander. We'll definitely have enuf cap space for him.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think Nurse is better than all the other guys who just signed the other 9 million dollar contracts.
Seriously?
I think he is the worse of the five who signed for 9mil plus.
Hamilton and Nurse are close- edit meant to say aren’t close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's better right now, ya. He's at his peak right now, and likely declines by the end of the contract. Makar hasn't peaked yet, and will get better and not decline during the contract.

Makar is already probably the best defenseman in the league. I think only Adam Fox is also in that conversation.

I'm like 99% sure Nurse is pretty clearly the worst of the bunch, especially if Jones bounces back to even 3/4 of what he was a few seasons ago. Hamilton & Makar are very very clearly in a different class.

Reactions: LeafChief

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Makar is already probably the best defenseman in the league. I think only Adam Fox is in that conversation.

I'm like 99% sure Nurse is pretty clearly the worst of the bunch, especially if Jones bounces back to even 3/4 of what he was a few seasons ago. Hamilton & Makar are very very clearly in a different class.

It's pretty tough to be the best defenseman in the league when you aren't even your own team's #1.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I think this is going to be a good signing.

I think we're going to see Trotts really stifled his players in Columbus.
Agreed, was hoping we'd sign him but know our left side is set with Sandin, Rielly, Muzzin (does he play RD?). Former 2nd overall pick only 27, 14 points and a plus 3 on a bad Jersey team. This will be his first shot on a very good team.

Reactions: Rocker13

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
This thread has divulged to crazy, but of the 5 that just got paid 9M+ (or are about to):

1. Makar
---
2. Dougie
---
3. Werenski
4. Jones
---
5. Nurse

Reactions: LeafChief

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Is this a TOI argument again? Lmao

Ask any Colorado fan or even their management who their #1 is.

There’s more to the game that putting up points. I’d keep Makar before Toews too, but that doesn’t change that Makar is currently a very flawed player.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Trade Reilly. That’s all that’s left. Unless he has lost his mind and is willing to sign for cheap

Reactions: geo25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad