Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hey guys, I was wondering if Wild fans would be amenable to something around Reinhart for Rossi?
Not for me, not that I speak for the Wild. It's a fair offer, assuming that BUF would take on some salary so the deal works money wise....something like the final year of Rask (4M). I just happen to think that MN is going to need ELC contracts in the near future. I also have doubts about Reinhart being the top 6 Center that we need going forward.

Reactions: Eich Jackel

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Broke out cap friendly to do a few calculations. At the very least, I expect us to buyout Parise this summer. He won't be back on this roster next year, and I'm thinking it's probably because he's bought out. This lineup is feasible, obviously you'd need a few things to go right like acquiring Eichel and signing Krejci (2 x 6), but it's more showing the possibilities we'll have. Parise's buyout. against the cap will go back up next year and essentially wash away what we're saving from getting Rask off the books. There might be some difficulty getting greenway signed, but I think we could find 2 million or so somewhere. And, I mean, we don't have to sign Krejci. In this scenario, Krejci would come off the books when Boldy needs a new contract, Zuccarello when Rossi needs one.

View attachment 433994 View attachment 433995

That's lot of possibilities. There are real pitfalls, too. Is Eichel going to be as good as he was ever again? Who gets snatched by Seattle?

But, overall, it's a very intriguing idea. I do agree, though, that Rask's 4M needing to be dedicated to the added cap hit from Parise's buyout is a problem. I also agree that finding space to resign Greenway will be difficult, even though you probably only have to sign him for 3-3.5M./yr, so it's a needed 1.5M. But, as an idea, it's interesting.

In fact, I'd be happy with getting Krejci for 6M/2yrs, leaving Eichel alone (this is assuming Dumba is taken in the ED), and hanging on to Fiala at 6.5M. In that case:
Kap (8.5), Krejci (6), Zucc (6) =20.5
Fiala (6.5), Sturm (.8), Boldy (.9) = 8.2
Foligno (3.1), EEk (4.5), Greenway (2.1) = 9.7
Rask (4), Rossi (.9), Hartman (1.7) = 6.6
Parise buyout 2.4......Forwards = 47.4
Same defense group since Dumba goes in the ED = 26.7 + 4.5 for Goalies
Total = 78.6, which allows a cheap 13th F.

The following year is of course the tight one. Parise's cap hit goes up 4M, and you have to sign Greenway and Sturm, so something has to give there, but maybe Greenway can be replaced by Beckman.

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
Broke out cap friendly to do a few calculations. At the very least, I expect us to buyout Parise this summer. He won't be back on this roster next year, and I'm thinking it's probably because he's bought out. This lineup is feasible, obviously you'd need a few things to go right like acquiring Eichel and signing Krejci (2 x 6), but it's more showing the possibilities we'll have. Parise's buyout. against the cap will go back up next year and essentially wash away what we're saving from getting Rask off the books. There might be some difficulty getting greenway signed, but I think we could find 2 million or so somewhere. And, I mean, we don't have to sign Krejci. In this scenario, Krejci would come off the books when Boldy needs a new contract, Zuccarello when Rossi needs one.

View attachment 433994 View attachment 433995
Probably asking too much of him after the year he’s had, but I’d thought about Rossi centering a sheltered, offensively minded third line behind Eichel and Ek. Save the Krejci money for a rainy day.

Reactions: 57special

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Of all the veterans we have acquired over the years, it’s a shame we never picked up Pavelski or Krejci. They would be great fits on this team

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Of all the veterans we have acquired over the years, it’s a shame we never picked up Pavelski or Krejci. They would be great fits on this team

As others have stated, assuming Dumba is chosen by Seattle, then Krejci is still a great fit on a 2 year deal this summer, in FA time, after the ED. Maybe get him for 5-6M. Perfect, as 2 years is the window we need for Rossi. If we consider Rossi as a 'developing' center, then Marat coming in a couple years would fill the role Rossi might have next year, and Krejci comes off the roster at the same time.

That would be, if it all worked, in some ways, ideal.
Kap-Krejci-Zucc
Fiala-Rossi?-Boldy
Foligno-Ek-Greenway
Parise?-Hartman-Sturm

This has great potential, not in the first 2 months of the season, but from mid-season on, as Rossi and Boldy develop comfort level with the speed of the game.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
As others have stated, assuming Dumba is chosen by Seattle, then Krejci is still a great fit on a 2 year deal this summer, in FA time, after the ED. Maybe get him for 5-6M. Perfect, as 2 years is the window we need for Rossi. If we consider Rossi as a 'developing' center, then Marat coming in a couple years would fill the role Rossi might have next year, and Krejci comes off the roster at the same time.

That would be, if it all worked, in some ways, ideal.
Kap-Krejci-Zucc
Fiala-Rossi?-Boldy
Foligno-Ek-Greenway
Parise?-Hartman-Sturm

This has great potential, not in the first 2 months of the season, but from mid-season on, as Rossi and Boldy develop comfort level with the speed of the game.

You know what I just found out, dumba has 10 team, or 15 team no trade starting in July

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
You know what I just found out, dumba has 10 team, or 15 team no trade starting in July

Is it not true that all contract provisions which normally start on July 1 are starting later this year? So, his NMC doesn't apply to the ED, although it would apply to a trade afterwards?

ETA: Point 56 of the Transition Rules document says that NMC /NTC clauses which contractually would have come into effect July will now come into effect July 28.

That makes Dumba eligible for the ED, and also gives the Wild a small window in which to trade him post-ED if that is deemed necessary.

Last edited:

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Is it not true that all contract provisions which normally start on July 1 are starting later this year? So, his NMC doesn't apply to the ED, although it would apply to a trade afterwards?

ETA: Point 56 of the Transition Rules document says that NMC /NTC clauses which contractually would have come into effect July will now come into effect July 28.

That makes Dumba eligible for the ED, and also gives the Wild a small window in which to trade him post-ED if that is deemed necessary.

Thank you. I was just talking to s friend , & he told me, & I was like what?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
It’s not solely Parise doing the team a favor. It’s Parise trying to find a situation where he can actually play during the next 4 years too.

I get & understand that, but he said parise owns wild because he was paid 100 million

So in essence, he's blaming parise. Not just parise, any player

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I get & understand that, but he said parise owns wild because he was paid 100 million

So in essence, he's blaming parise. Not just parise, any player
Wrong again.

Parise is a business man who has done $100m of business with the Wild.

9 years into the contract, which has been win-win, it no longer works for the parties.

Wild make an amended proposal that is a better situation for both parties.

This has nothing to do with blame.

This has everything to do with being an adult.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Wrong again.

Parise is a business man who has done $100m of business with the Wild.

9 years into the contract, which has been win-win, it no longer works for the parties.

Wild make an amended proposal that is a better situation for both parties.

This has nothing to do with blame.

This has everything to do with being an adult.

Dude it wasn't Parise's fault he was payed

You can say it 100x time, & you are wrong

Just because he got paid that much money doesn't mean he owes the wild anything

Amended proposal ?

Again dude, it's not up to the players to help the team

It's up to parise, & parise alone with his family what he wants to do

People with your mindset is beyond baffling.

For like the 100th time, parise, or any other player in NBA, MLb, NHL, NFL doesn't owe their team anything

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Dude it wasn't Parise's fault he was payed

You can say it 100x time, & you are wrong

Just because he got paid that much money doesn't mean he owes the wild anything

Amended proposal ?

Again dude, it's not up to the players to help the team

It's up to parise, & parise alone with his family what he wants to do

People with your mindset is beyond baffling.

For like the 100th time, parise, or any other player in NBA, MLb, NHL, NFL doesn't owe their team anything
It does not appear you understand the situation at all. I said nothing about Parise owing anything to anybody.

He has been in a successful business arrangement. Circumstances have changed. Anybody with an commercial sense would have the discussion on the future with the other counterparty.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
It does not appear you understand the situation at all. I said nothing about Parise owing anything to anybody.

He has been in a successful business arrangement. Circumstances have changed. Anybody with an commercial sense would have the discussion on the future with the other counterparty.

While you may be correct, I am not sure any of us actually "know" how Parise himself values various parts of his situation at present.

It is obvious that the deal no longer works for the Wild. But, does it work for Parise?
Well, maybe....if what he wants is to live here for the foreseeable future, and not uproot his kids, then the deal works for him. If that kind of stability is more valuable than a guess as to how much ice time he might get somewhere else if he is traded, then there is no reason for him to do anything else.

I, for one, don't see much ice time for him anywhere else.

If he 'counts' things in the same way, then there is no reason for him to look for a move, no matter how much it would benefit Minnesota.

Now, LTIR himself? There 'might' be advantages to that. It protects his salary against being bought out.

Reactions: BagHead

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
While you may be correct, I am not sure any of us actually "know" how Parise himself values various parts of his situation at present.

It is obvious that the deal no longer works for the Wild. But, does it work for Parise?
Well, maybe....if what he wants is to live here for the foreseeable future, and not uproot his kids, then the deal works for him. If that kind of stability is more valuable than a guess as to how much ice time he might get somewhere else if he is traded, then there is no reason for him to do anything else.

I, for one, don't see much ice time for him anywhere else.

If he 'counts' things in the same way, then there is no reason for him to look for a move, no matter how much it would benefit Minnesota.

Now, LTIR himself? There 'might' be advantages to that. It protects his salary against being bought out.
Parise loses a dig-in gambit if Wild buy him out.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Parise loses a dig-in gambit if Wild buy him out.

Maybe. But maybe he values the home life stability above the 3M he would lose. But maybe he doesn't lose that. Of someone would trade for him, someone would sign him to a contract as well. So he wouldn't lose a lot.

Point is, you don't know how Parise ranks the different pieces importance

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Maybe. But maybe he values the home life stability above the 3M he would lose. But maybe he doesn't lose that. Of someone would trade for him, someone would sign him to a contract as well. So he wouldn't lose a lot.

Point is, you don't know how Parise ranks the different pieces importance
1. Loses ice time till scratched
2. Voices frustration with media
3. Sets up closed door meetings with coach and gm.

So far seems all signs point to him not happy in the current situation. He's point and cup chasing and would likely welcome a change.

His contract prevents him from this. He knows it. We know it. The league knows it. He has no leverage besides retiring if he wants play hard ball.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
1. Loses ice time till scratched
2. Voices frustration with media
3. Sets up closed door meetings with coach and gm.

So far seems all signs point to him not happy in the current situation. He's point and cup chasing and would likely welcome a change.

His contract prevents him from this. He knows it. We know it. The league knows it. He has no leverage besides retiring if he wants play hard ball.

I think his 'Ok' stamp of approval last year for the Islanders trade that ultimately failed, proves this theory as pretty spot on.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Watching the Vegas game and Boldy in Iowa, there is a promising future where the Wild do not acquire a center and just add Boldy and Rossi to the forward group (replacing Johansson and Rask).

JEE, Hartman, Sturm, and Rossi down the middle.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Russo thinks Fiala will be part of a top center deal. Sucks to lose him, and even worse if he ends up in Buffalo.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad