Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
So he’s going to be so mad at the team that he refuses to leave it? And live out the last 4 years of his pro hockey career as a healthy scratch?

Or enjoy staying @ home with his wife, & kids & still get paid

There's no Guarantee Seattle is going to play him every game either; or play him at all.

We need to stop as fans putting things on players, & start blaming the organizations that give players this contracts

Parise at his age has ine reason to keep playing which is to win a cup

Seattle isn't going to guarantee parise a chance or be like you will play every game

Any good agent will council their players not to help the team. Then we are also talking about the player's association will do the same.

A good agent worth their salt will look out for their players first

So even if parise is a healthy scratch, he's getting paid not doing anything

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

There's no Guarantee Seattle is going to play him every game either; or play him at all.

We need to stop as fans putting things on players, & start blaming the organizations that give players this contracts

Seattle isn't going to guarantee parise a chance or be like you will play every game

Any good agent will council their players not to help the team. Then we are also talking about the player's association will do the same.

Based on what we know of Parise, he's not going to want to finish out his career as a healthy scratch. I used to believe he would refuse to waive his NMC, now I'm not so sure that he wouldn't WELCOME the chance to go to another team if that team had a spot for him to play.

The trick won't be to convince Parise to waive his NMC, it would be finding a team that would want him...even at 50% retained salary + futures.....and as frequently discussed, there is still the threat of a recapture penalty.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I think it’s basically understood that Seattle merely an intermediary because of their expected cap space and desire to accumulate assets. Nobody actually expects Parise to play there.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Parise goes nowhere, he'll sell hot dogs before that happens. The Wild have one option if they want to end his contract, a buyout. But he's more than good enough for a 4th line role, so how about showing him some respect and let him play.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Why would parise help wild

He has no reason to waive for rebuilding team, or leave his wife / kids

It's a 2 way street. It's not realistic. Parise, & his agent being pissed at wild is not going to lend any credence to him waiving, & accepting a trade
If Parise says no, the Wild should just buy him out and be done with it. He can try to find a 1-year contract on another team.

He would help the Wild out because he would stay in the league longer.

And he should help out the team that gave him $100m.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If Parise says no, the Wild should just buy him out and be done with it. He can try to find a 1-year contract on another team.

He would help the Wild out because he would stay in the league longer.

And he should help out the team that gave him $100m.

Highly disagree with you. Doesn't matter that wild paid him. Doesn't matter in the NFL, NBA, MLB , etc

We can't blame the players . Ownerships, & teams having money to waste , & making decisions that becomes negative is on them,

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Can't argue with that; but it was always going to be like this with Parise. Suter was a wild card though.

I agree with this. When those contracts come down, some really forward looking people said that Suter's contract would probably be ok, and it sure has aged well. He's not quite what he was, but all things considered, it doesn't look like it will be a bad anchor (Spurgeon's contract, however......).

The same people said that Parise's contract could be a problem because a forward who plays like he does being effective at the age he is at the end of the contract is a rare thing..... And, here we are. That was exactly right, and it has been expected.

Now for comparison....if Parise is bought out this summer, the cap hit will be:
21-22: 2.4M
22-23: 6.4M
23-24: 7.4M
24-25: 7.4M
Next 4 years: 833K.

If he stays on the roster without being bought out, his cap hit is 7.54M for 4 years.
Considering that someone else has to be paid to fill his role, the only year in which this idea is a help is the one coming up, and that's not really where the crunch is, because we would 4M of cap space back.

It seems better to use his as a 4th liner/13th forward for as long as he is willing for that. At least from a cap perspective.

If we wait one more year to buy him out, then the cap hit becomes 400K less than in the above list. That comes closer to leaving a league minimum to fill his spot all along the way, and it is much more level.

Anyone else have comments?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Highly disagree with you. Doesn't matter that wild paid him. Doesn't matter in the NFL, NBA, MLB , etc

We can't blame the players . Ownerships, & teams having money to waste , & making decisions that becomes negative is on them,
How are we blaming Parise?

He is the logical person to move.

This is the NHL. Nobody get a pass on a roster spot.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
How are we blaming Parise?

He is the logical person to move.

This is the NHL. Nobody get a pass on a roster spot.

Not once did I say that in anything I wrote

You are skipping past what you wrote. You said parise should help wild because wild paid him 100 m .

I said I disagree with it because that's blaming the player

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Hey guys, I was wondering if Wild fans would be amenable to something around Reinhart for Rossi?
I wouldn't. I would be ok with Rossi being involved in deal for Eichel, but Reinhart in his situation, doesn't pull an asset like Rossi.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Broke out cap friendly to do a few calculations. At the very least, I expect us to buyout Parise this summer. He won't be back on this roster next year, and I'm thinking it's probably because he's bought out. This lineup is feasible, obviously you'd need a few things to go right like acquiring Eichel and signing Krejci (2 x 6), but it's more showing the possibilities we'll have. Parise's buyout. against the cap will go back up next year and essentially wash away what we're saving from getting Rask off the books. There might be some difficulty getting greenway signed, but I think we could find 2 million or so somewhere. And, I mean, we don't have to sign Krejci. In this scenario, Krejci would come off the books when Boldy needs a new contract, Zuccarello when Rossi needs one.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 8.37.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 8.37.08 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad