Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Is this a practice thing? Needing to hire coach for?
Some of it sure... but most of it is guys playing out of position, or just not being skilled enough. There might be something to be said for the coaching part of it though I suppose.. I don't know of any team that gets thrown out of the faceoff circle as much as our guys because they are constantly trying to cheat to make up for either poor technique or lack of ability.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Some of it sure... but most of it is guys playing out of position, or just not being skilled enough. There might be something to be said for the coaching part of it though I suppose.. I don't know of any team that gets thrown out of the faceoff circle as much as our guys because they are constantly trying to cheat to make up for either poor technique or lack of ability.
Players getting thrown out is a league wide problem. Linesman have to just drop the bloody puck.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Players getting thrown out is a league wide problem. Linesman have to just drop the bloody puck.
I have seen it much more this year league wide, but I don't recall it happening to Vegas more than 3 times yesterday.. I think it was every other drop for us. It has gotten to pandemic proportions though. I just know it has been an issue with us for much longer, I think back to the series against the Avs in '14 and how much of a topic of conversation it was even then with our group.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I have seen it much more this year league wide, but I don't recall it happening to Vegas more than 3 times yesterday.. I think it was every other drop for us. It has gotten to pandemic proportions though. I just know it has been an issue with us for much longer, I think back to the series against the Avs in '14 and how much of a topic of conversation it was even then with our group.
Koivu was tossed what felt like every faceoff back then.

Reactions: StateofCelly

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Might want to read it again.

His remaining base salary, what they owe him.

I think they will reach an agreement, like Parise stays here and will retire in a couple of years. He can play 4th line. He'll lose 2 mill, but better than 3,3 if they buy him out, and the Wild will avoid cap penalty.

I believe Leipold isn't happy with the Parise situation. Unlike many fans he may have some respect for the player who's been here for a decade, played 558 games and scored 400 points for the Wild.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
His remaining base salary, what they own him.

I think they will reach an agreement, like Parise stays here and will retire in a couple of years. He can play 4th line. He'll lose 2 mill, but better than 3,3 if they buy him out, and the Wild will avoid cap penalty.

I believe Leipold isn't happy with the Parise situation. Unlike many fans he may have some respect for the player who's been here for a decade, played 558 games and scored 400 points for the Wild.
Hockey is a business, not a feel good group. Yeah, Parise did all that in the past, that doesn’t warrant his play now.

Leipold and Guerin have to do what’s best for the team, not make Parise feel special.

Of course, this doesn’t mean they should shit on him either.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

weird, because everyone in the radio industry thats been in the business seems to think hes either traded or bought out.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

No chance that Guerin or Evason guarantee him ice time. If Parise is the 13th best forward, then he should sit or be moved out..

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
No chance that Guerin or Evason guarantee him ice time. If Parise is the 13th best forward, then he should sit or be moved out..
Not only that, the logic doesn’t really make sense.
They’re going to move him up into the lineup as he gets older; a.e. as he gets worse?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
heres a question that ive never thought of? since hes on a one way, say he doesnt wanna lose his salary owed. can he waive his nmc for the purpose of going to iowa? (i doubt this would ever happen, but if he wants to stay close but not ready to hang them up to home iowa isnt that far)

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
heres a question that ive never thought of? since hes on a one way, say he doesnt wanna lose his salary owed. can he waive his nmc for the purpose of going to iowa? (i doubt this would ever happen, but if he wants to stay close but not ready to hang them up to home iowa isnt that far)
He has way too much pride for that. I think he would rather be a thorn in the organization and never play again than go to the AHL to end his career. In some regards I feel for him as a person, hockey is the one driving thing for all of his life and as it fades it has to be hard to accept.. but the business side of any industry is far more crucial, and performance matters in all those industries as well.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
What’s the recapture for a mutual termination? Same as if he retired?

I don't know. Patrik Berglund situation, just suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, idk? But since mutual termination means he'd have to go through unconditional waivers (assuming he waives), I imagine if he is claimed then we're on the hook for our typical cap advantage formula.

B. For any period during which the Player under a Long-Term
Contract is no longer playing in the League during the term of that
Long-Term Contract by reason of retirement, "defection" from the
NHL or otherwise (but not death) (such that he is not playing and
is not receiving Salary pursuant to that Long-Term Contract), an
amount attributable to that Player shall nonetheless continue to be
included in his Club's Averaged Club Salary as described below.

I think if you argued hard enough that Parise would still be playing in the NHL it would not be subject to recapture. NHLPA would have a fit if it's a lever pulled by the Wild, but if it's pushed by Parise, I don't see why not. If he is truly unhappy, I could see him forgoing 10M minus what he'd make on a different team to find a situation where he fits.

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I think people underestimate Parises desire for personal success. He's going out on his terms not ours. I bet the 199 goals for Wild stat is driving him nuts.

Hes 7 goals from 400. He's 190 pts from 1000.

You think these personal achievements aren't on his mind besides also getting a cup? He wants out, and wants to play considerable minutes.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think people underestimate Parises desire for personal success. He's going out on his terms not ours. I bet the 199 goals for Wild stat is driving him nuts.

Hes 7 goals from 400. He's 190 pts from 1000.

You think these personal achievements aren't on his mind besides also getting a cup? He wants out, and wants to play considerable minutes.

My bet is that he's already told Guerin that he would accept a trade to any team that will have him. The obvious questions are: who wants him? And how much will a trade cost the Wild in terms of salary retention and draft picks?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What about getting Hertl? He isn't a top center, but still pretty solid 1C and good age as well. 55% at FO this season. Considering how much the Sharks suck, they are probably willing to trade him for picks and prospects. And he's much cheaper, than Eichel.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What about getting Hertl? He isn't a top center, but still pretty solid 1C and good age as well. 55% at FO this season. Considering how much the Sharks suck, they are probably willing to trade him for picks and prospects. And he's much cheaper, than Eichel.
Hertl would be great, though he's only got a year on his deal and he won't be cheap to acquire or extend. If you can keep Boldy and Rossi out of the deal I'd be pretty open minded about the cost.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Hertl would be great, though he's only got a year on his deal and he won't be cheap to acquire or extend. If you can keep Boldy and Rossi out of the deal I'd be pretty open minded about the cost.

It just feels like it’d have to include Fiala. Otherwise, there’s just not a way to afford his extension. I suppose if BG can find a way to trade Zucc next offseason then it’d probably work out alright.

Parise buyout this year would open up cap room to bring Hertl in, then you trade Zucc in the following off-season. Don’t have the numbers crunched, but it probably works out okay (assuming Dumba is off the roster)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I think, Khusnutdinov plus something lesser can be enough.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It just feels like it’d have to include Fiala. Otherwise, there’s just not a way to afford his extension. I suppose if BG can find a way to trade Zucc next offseason then it’d probably work out alright.

Parise buyout this year would open up cap room to bring Hertl in, then you trade Zucc in the following off-season. Don’t have the numbers crunched, but it probably works out okay (assuming Dumba is off the roster)
I'm definitely getting curious to see what the options really are with Parise this summer and how they'd affect our cap space. Maybe there aren't any but when both the team and player are ready to move on things tend to happen, and we seem to be reaching that point.

I think, Khusnutdinov plus something lesser can be enough.
I'd like to keep him but I don't hate that idea. Only thing that really worries me about Hertl is his knee, but I'm not actually sure how serious that is.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I'm definitely getting curious to see what the options really are with Parise this summer and how they'd affect our cap space. Maybe there aren't any but when both the team and player are ready to move on things tend to happen, and we seem to be reaching that point.

Yeah this off-season is shaping up to be the most interesting one since the Parise/Suter signings. Just so many different scenarios that could play out. The money owed to him is so low that maybe BG can find some team to take him and buy him out, which is the only scenario I can see Parise waiving for. But maybe he’ll take anything at this point other than being a healthy scratch for 4 years.

Reactions: Nsjohnson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad