Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This is kind of why I feel like a Fiala trade is gonna look more like Connor Brown, OTT 2nd, decent prospect, rather than the top prospect or high draft pick we all want.

I dunno what the Fiala trade will look like. I think the 7oa from OTT is possible, but that is mostly due to my view of this draft class. If this was the Boldy draft class then no way would it be on the table.

I still think there is a chance that a NJD trade happens with something weird like Holtz + Zacha + 2nd for Fiala and Talbot.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Am I looking at something wrong, or do Middleton, Deslauries and Duhaime all have more PP time in the playoffs than Dumba has?
You appear to be correct, but the numbers are so small it could have just been the 4th line on the PP at the end of a blowout.

Russo has repeatedly said that Dumba's injury has made it difficult for him to shoot, so I assume they don't think he has any value being out there. They've also been running four forwards and only one D on the PP.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm locked in on Holtz. Guy can score and fits our age group
In a roundabout way I think Holtz could give us an eventual Zuccarello replacement. Completely different players, but between Kaprizov, Boldy, Rossi and Holtz you should be able to build two scoring lines.

I do worry about some of the criticism I've seen of his skating, but I've seen similar stuff said about Boldy and Rossi... and Kaprizov, for that matter (ha). Either way, a player like that seems like a better fit to me than even a high 2022 or 2023 pick.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
You appear to be correct, but the numbers are so small it could have just been the 4th line on the PP at the end of a blowout.

Russo has repeatedly said that Dumba's injury has made it difficult for him to shoot, so I assume they don't think he has any value being out there. They've also been running four forwards and only one D on the PP.
if he cant shoot it really makes you wonder if he holds much more value than addison or kulikov in his spot. you would think if he struggles shooting that hitting and other basics may be difficult also.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
if he cant shoot it really makes you wonder if he holds much more value than addison or kulikov in his spot. you would think if he struggles shooting that hitting and other basics may be difficult also.
They must trust him defensively over the rest still?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
They must trust him defensively over the rest still?
that or they really like his voice in the lockerroom, i suppose watching him get hyped for Duhaimes fight does show he has quite the fire in him and that can be beneficial but words are only so effective when you cant back them up.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
that or they really like his voice in the lockerroom, i suppose watching him get hyped for Duhaimes fight does show he has quite the fire in him and that can be beneficial but words are only so effective when you cant back them up.

Yeah if the biggest thing he brings is leadership or his locker room personality, that's not worth 6M. You can bring in a guy who can do that for less than 2M, easily. And if the locker room collapses because Dumba isn't in it anymore, we have bigger problems.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah if the biggest thing he brings is leadership or his locker room personality, that's not worth 6M. You can bring in a guy who can do that for less than 2M, easily. And if the locker room collapses because Dumba isn't in it anymore, we have bigger problems.
agree completely. id rather see addison in the lineup over him today if its true he cannot shoot and is limited by a shoulder issue. if its all speculation than keep him in over addison unless we are going big change tonight. really shake it up and throw in some shock and sit brodin, looks like throwing in the white flag but then we win and he is back for game 7 woot woot! (sarcasm, no universe is that worth while to contemplate)

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
agree completely. id rather see addison in the lineup over him today if its true he cannot shoot and is limited by a shoulder issue. if its all speculation than keep him in over addison unless we are going big change tonight. really shake it up and throw in some shock and sit brodin, looks like throwing in the white flag but then we win and he is back for game 7 woot woot! (sarcasm, no universe is that worth while to contemplate)

I think some people feel (myself included) that Boldy should have gotten some playoff experience last year when he looked NHL ready, so that he'd know what it's like this year. I know Addison technically got 3 games last year, but at this point, with your back against the wall, and most of the vets aren't doing any good, put Addison in to continue getting him playoff experience. That way, next year, if he is on the team full time, he doesn't look like he doesn't know what's going on. If Rossi were healthy I'd advocate for trying him too.

Kaprizov-Hartman-Boldy
Fiala-Rossi-Zuccarello
GREEF
Dewar-Jost-Bjugstad

Brodin-Goligoski (I hate it too)
Middleton-Spurgeon
Kulikov-Addison

Talbot

Try something like that and see what happens. With Rossi injured, put Jost in his spot and Gaudreau on that fourth line. That's what I'd realistically do tonight. If they're really deadset on keeping Dumba in the lineup for his defense and other intangibles, sit Goligoski.

• Haha
Reactions: Webster

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think some people feel (myself included) that Boldy should have gotten some playoff experience last year when he looked NHL ready, so that he'd know what it's like this year. I know Addison technically got 3 games last year, but at this point, with your back against the wall, and most of the vets aren't doing any good, put Addison in to continue getting him playoff experience. That way, next year, if he is on the team full time, he doesn't look like he doesn't know what's going on. If Rossi were healthy I'd advocate for trying him too.

Kaprizov-Hartman-Boldy
Fiala-Rossi-Zuccarello
GREEF
Dewar-Jost-Bjugstad

Brodin-Goligoski (I hate it too)
Middleton-Spurgeon
Kulikov-Addison

Talbot

Try something like that and see what happens. With Rossi injured, put Jost in his spot and Gaudreau on that fourth line. That's what I'd realistically do tonight. If they're really deadset on keeping Dumba in the lineup for his defense and other intangibles, sit Goligoski.
I agree, i wanted Boldy in last year for that spark. Could see the same idea with Addison.

with the way some of these guys are playing id swap Jost and Hartman in that lineup. Freddy at least wins faceoffs so leaving him their over Rossi works for me considering Rossi is not healthy.

Defense i wouldnt mind them going with:

Brodin-Spurgeon
Middelton-Addison
Kulikov-Goligoski

Brodin covers for Spurgeon playing overly offensive.
Middleton covers for Addisons lack of physicality.
3rd pair needs to play 3rd pair minutes in a must win game.

Reactions: AKL

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I'd try Brodin with Addison early on, just to see how it goes. Remember how f***ing stupid Dumba was a few years ago, and Brodin was still able to let him do his thing? Worth trying in my mind early.

*Next season^

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'd try Brodin with Addison early on, just to see how it goes. Remember how f***ing stupid Dumba was a few years ago, and Brodin was still able to let him do his thing? Worth trying in my mind early.

*Next season^
my thoughts exactly. with trading dumba id slap addison right in that spot simply because both are quality at moving that puck quickly up ice so that pair could be very good together.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They are playing Dumba because he can skate and get to pucks, not because he is good in the dressing room. Besides Brodin, and Dpurgeon, the rest of our d have very slow feet. I don't like Dumba's mistakes, I don't like that he can't shoot, but he can skate.

Management obviously don't think Addison is good enough to play. I don't get it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hate how Kevin played in the playoffs. If he has to go, give me holtz

The timing obviously sucks, especially after the regular season he had. He was our only player to show up in the playoffs two years ago. So I know he's going to show up for his next team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille