Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Talbot + Fiala to NJD seems like it could return something useful.

Maybe Zucc for Georgiev++ in NY? (Or some other team with a need for a PPG vet winger)

Dumba to some team with a need for an hard-hitting offensive RHD

This team has a lot of assets to rebuild this team into something special. Need to target ELCs, and guys we can get back with salary retained. Really wish we didn’t waste a 2nd + 3rd on the Fleury and DLo trades. Not super valueable, but definitely still sweeteners.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
4th line centers can’t put up 35 goals, even playing with a guy of Kaprizov’s ability. He has had untapped skill that’s been apparent since he arrived here.

Chucky (30g) and Domi (28g) both spiked 1 good year at center. Hartman spiked a 34g year.

Heck Freddy G paced a better gf/60 with Fiala and Boldy as Hartman did with Kaprizov.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Chucky (30g) and Domi (28g) both spiked 1 good year at center. Hartman spiked a 34g year.

Heck Freddy G paced a better gf/60 with Fiala and Boldy as Hartman did with Kaprizov.
That’s fair. I just think Hartman has shown a lot in his career that makes him much closer to a middle 6er than a 4th line player.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That’s fair. I just think Hartman has shown a lot in his career that makes him much closer to a middle 6er than a 4th line player.

I could see him a 3rd line wing that can play up. I just don't see him having the puck handling and awareness skills that a center should have. He has a decent shot and decent speed. He doesn't carry the puck well in traffic and isn't a very good passer.

Wild fans have just been conditioned over the last couple of seasons scraping the bottom of the barrel with centers (Rask, Bonino, MarJo, Bjugstad, Sturm, Jost, Freddy G, and Hartman) that it's easy to latch on to anyone that shows a pulse and think they are good.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
If the playoffs end up a failure, there's a chance Zuccarello gets traded this summer, according to Norwegian media.

And I don't disagree, Zucc probably doesn't see a chance to win a cup with this team anyway for the next couple of years.
What Norwegian media?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
We NEED to trade for a 1C. Get rid of Fiala and Dumba and don’t bring back Deslauriers and bring up Beckman and Rossi. Play a kid line of Beckman-Rossi-Boldy and then put that top C with Kap. What’s the worst that could happen? A top draft pick would be better than losing in the f***ing first round again and again.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We NEED to trade for a 1C. Get rid of Fiala and Dumba and don’t bring back Deslauriers and bring up Beckman and Rossi. Play a kid line of Beckman-Rossi-Boldy and then put that top C with Kap. What’s the worst that could happen? A top draft pick would be better than losing in the f***ing first round again and again.
We need to draft and develop one. I agree, though. This team can't do anything without a number 1 center, and I'm not sure that Rossi develops into that anymore. I like Holtz coming back in a fiala deal, but I think if you can get a potential 1C in a deal, that takes presedence. Probably have to trade for 7th and hope there's a future 1C there. Maybe package 7 and 26 or whatever and move up for Cooley.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
We need to draft and develop one. I agree, though. This team can't do anything without a number 1 center, and I'm not sure that Rossi develops into that anymore. I like Holtz coming back in a fiala deal, but I think if you can get a potential 1C in a deal, that takes presedence. Probably have to trade for 7th and hope there's a future 1C there. Maybe package 7 and 26 or whatever and move up for Cooley.
PLD is on his last year with the Jets and plenty of speculation that Scheifele is on the trade block. Even though there is plenty of negativity around those 2 players id go after them.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
PLD is on his last year with the Jets and plenty of speculation that Scheifele is on the trade block. Even though there is plenty of negativity around those 2 players id go after them.
don't want scheifele, don't know how we aquire PLD, and i don't know how we afford either of them

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
don't want scheifele, don't know how we aquire PLD, and i don't know how we afford either of them
iv seen all the negative talk about him disappearing and not caring so that does scare me. i dont recall seeing much on the PLD front from Jets fans. outside of those 2 names i am not recalling other 1c options outside of the draft and develop approach.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Beckman had a very ordinary AHL season, and you want to bring him up? Rossi had a good season, but was by no means killing it, either.
That line would get absolutely abused physically.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
We did Talbot so f***ing dirty honestly. He comes back from injury, performs his ass off, and we give him one game to try to save the playoffs. Trading him to a shit team would be the cherry on top.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm disappointed, but the reality is, you aren't going to make a run if you aren't deep down the middle, on the back-end, and in goal. I have to question how the current team is constructed. It's not good enough, but there are encouraging signs that Guerin knows he has to build this team differently. Wallstedt can be a cornerstone in net in the future. He's targeted quality, good skating defenseman early and often in the draft. I worry that Guerin believes in this "driving offense from the wing" thing a little too much. We need to get more good, young centers.

The reality is, this team has a lot of high-end parts. I think we'll probably make the playoffs in 2 if not all 3 of the next dead cap seasons. But, we don't have the cap flexibility to fix the glaring holes (number 1 center, quality starting goalie). It's going to be more of the same over the next three years, and I think it probably get's Guerin fired. I just hope the rest of the pieces can fall into place before Kaprizov hit's free agency.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese