Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Unless Fiala expects 10 mill a year, I am going to be extremely angry if they don’t sign him.

We have waited 20 years for players like Kaprizov, Fiala and maybe Boldy. Now you’re just going to trade one to keep Dumba?
Not just Dumba, but players like Jost, Goligoski, and Greenway.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What exactly does Russo being wrong or right have to do with this comment when he explicitly stated he is reading between the lines. You're manufacturing outrage over this posters take on a podcast where nothing was truly said about this subject. Not trying to come at you just don't follow your thinking here.
My post is self explanatory?

P10p

May 15, 2012
My post is self explanatory?

It really wasn't, they guy basically said "from reading between the lines this is what I think BG is going to do" and you come back with "yeah well Russo has been wrong before". What does Russo being wrong have to do with what the OP was gathering by reading between the lines about what BG said? Again, not trying to stir things up. Just trying to figure out what was being said.

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
Extending Goligoski, with the assumption that you're extending Middleton too, only makes sense if you're setting yourself up for a possible Dumba trade.
I would rather have one of the young guys play than Goligoski. I will admit I am Goligoski hater though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would rather have one of the young guys play than Goligoski. I will admit I am Goligoski hater though.

Who are the young guys you're referring to? I think if you're talking about a Dumba trade, you're looking at rolling

Brodin-Addison
Middleton-Spurgeon
Kulikov-Merrill
Goligoski

next season

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
Who are the young guys you're referring to? I think if you're talking about a Dumba trade, you're looking at rolling

Brodin-Addison
Middleton-Spurgeon
Kulikov-Merrill
Goligoski

next season
Would like to see O’Rourke instead of Goose.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

O'Rourke won't be here at all. Maybe if he excels in Iowa he might be a call up at some point, but he won't be anywhere near ready for full time. He needs to play big minutes against lesser competition (compared to the NHL).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This return or NJ's 1st by itself (~5 spots higher)?

Haven't followed prospects enough this year to know. Would defer to someone who's scouted the top of the draft. Really depends on where the perceived drop off is and how good the top guys are projected to be.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's a massive jump from CHL to NHL, especially for a Dman, and especially for a defensive dman. Guys like Brodin who can come in and be above average defenders are rare.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This return or NJ's 1st by itself (~5 spots higher)?
Haven't followed prospects enough this year to know. Would defer to someone who's scouted the top of the draft. Really depends on where the perceived drop off is and how good the top guys are projected to be.

Without looking too deep, I think this year I would probably take 10 and 23. Could probably pick up one of the fallers from the top 10 (because there doesn't seem to be a ton of consensus there like in 2020 for example), and then possibly use the 23 to move up and get another guy like Kasper or Gauthier or someone.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I guess Fiala's value went down a bit after last night. He was back on earth, got frustrated and treated the puck like he hated it again.

• Haha
Reactions: Wild11MN

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I guess Fiala's value went down a bit after last night. He was back on earth, got frustrated and treated the puck like he hated it again.
We be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him at this point.

But seriously, I doubt his value has changed much after 1 game.

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
It's a massive jump from CHL to NHL, especially for a Dman, and especially for a defensive dman. Guys like Brodin who can come in and be above average defenders are rare.
I know but he did have some time in the AHL last year. Also I think Goligoski is only going to be slower and be even better at hitting the goalie in the chest with the puck. Also I just really want that 2 million back😂.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
If it had to happen, what would you think about Fiala to Anaheim for ~#10 + ~#23?
What about Buffalo’s top two picks? I honestly don’t think that’s too far off either. I’d even send a 3rd or something back. You just don’t see 90 point players traded these days.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He also drew three penalties. No one will hold one game against him- your criticism of him because he threatens your precious Zuccy's status on the team is transparently childish.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
What about Buffalo’s top two picks? I honestly don’t think that’s too far off either. I’d even send a 3rd or something back. You just don’t see 90 point players traded these days.
When I told someone I would knock on wood because they called him a 70 point player when he wasn't yet, he tore it up so hard that he became an 80 point player before I could blink.

So with that said, I'm going to knock on wood, because he's not a 90 point player, yet.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Wild shouldn’t be targeting picks in a Fiala trade imo. They should be targeting a blue-chip prospect that will be NHL ready next season and has 3 full years of an ELC. Helps us stay competitive during all years of the dead cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad