Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - 2022-23 Edition - Postseason Success can't be a Myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have a feeling this could be a long summer. I don't really trust Guerin to make trades or sign guys. Especially the Fiala trade and potential Fleury contract. I have a feeling we're going to get older and more physical at the expense of speed, skill and youth.

I will say though, I do like his strategy last summer with getting Pitlick, Gaudreau, even a guy like Merrill to an extent. Both Gaudreau and Pitlick had never really had a spot on an NHL roster before, so they're hungry and motivated to win one. Wouldn't mind another one or two of those type of moves, but maybe let's not pen them into the top six with a sharpie this time.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Guerin is a wild card, nobody knows what will happen. He'll even sell Zuccarello & Webster if he gets a great offer :D

Reactions: DANOZ28

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Guerin is a wild card, nobody knows what will happen. He'll even sell Zuccarello & Webster if he gets a great offer :D

What would be a great deal for Webster? It's like $12 on Amazon.

41Dp1UFRyLS._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I cannot stress how bad he was in their series against the Rags, like horrendously bad. $5M is fine, but he's not one ounce of what he used to be.
Tbf I don’t expect him to be what he once was, I just expect him to be a better C than Hartman/Jost/Gaudreau and the price tag would reflect it.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Not a fan.

Allocating cap to both Fleury & Talbot seems unwise.

Guerin’s has been surprisingly lackadaisical with his cap allocation post-buyouts.

Merill + Goli signings @ $3.2M are a lot for what should be the #7 D spot

Greenway @ $3M is fair and the GREEF line can be a crucial element of a successful team, but he’s our 9th forward.

Jost @ $2M for a 4th line role

Just a lot of cap being allocated to spots where this team could have saved a few million instead.

Reactions: djgriff

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
did he actually speak the words " i will try to sign fleury"?? if its just the media talk of we will work something out and hopefully everyone is happy mumbo jumbo then i dont care about this tweet.
It could be typical non-committal, end-of-season "we love everyone" talk, but if they had no intention to make an offer he'd probably have said something more vague.

Ultimately it's not a big deal either way since I don't think the stakes are all that high next year. I just think spending $6m+ on a goalie tandem under next year's cap constraints would be kind of gross.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It could be typical non-committal, end-of-season "we love everyone" talk, but if they had no intention to make an offer he'd probably have said something more vague.

Ultimately it's not a big deal either way since I don't think the stakes are all that high next year. I just think spending $6m+ on a goalie tandem under next year's cap constraints would be kind of gross.
to be fair, if he is expecting Fialas cap off the books with little to no cap coming back i suppose 2m on fleury wont matter much.

EDIT: with listening to the presser right now this just came up. its purely answering the question of "what do you do with the controversy now with Cam and MAF" or something along those lines and he simply said" you all make a bigger deal out of this than it is, we want both back. cam is signed another year and there is no issue there, both are good players and good people."

really a nothing comment.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
As it stands now, with no Fiala but adding Rossi, we'd have ~$5.5M to re-sign Fleury, Middleton a 4th line RW and a 13th forward.

Gonna be a hard sell to the fans that next year is going to be anything different.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
As it stands now, with no Fiala but adding Rossi, we'd have ~$5.5M to re-sign Fleury, Middleton a 4th line RW and a 13th forward.

Gonna be a hard sell to the fans that next year is going to be anything different.
trading Kulikov would help with that which i assume will happen.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
did he actually speak the words " i will try to sign fleury"?? if its just the media talk of we will work something out and hopefully everyone is happy mumbo jumbo then i dont care about this tweet.
Basically, yes. I was listening. he said, "We want him back"

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I love Flower but starting to wonder if we will ever get past Guerin and his good ole boys

I can’t believe we extended Goligoski

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I love Flower but starting to wonder if we will ever get past Guerin and his good ole boys

I can’t believe we extended Goligoski

I'm waiting to hear he offered up Kap as part of a trade to get Crosby.

Only half serious on this.

Or trade both Dumba and Fiala and try to sign Malkin and Letang as UFAs.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Inspired by a main board thread, somebody show me where the great flaw in the following is:

To Columbus
2nd overall pick in 2022

To New Jersey
6th overall pick in 2022
Fiala (extended)
Minnesota's 2022 1st round pick (25-27 probably)

To Minnesota
Holtz
12th overall pick in 2022

Columbus gives up #6 and #12 to move up to #2.
Minnesota trades Fiala for Holtz + moving up in ~13-15 spots in the 1st round
New Jersey gains Fiala + late first for Holtz + moving down 4 spots

I think NJ might need a little something more coming their way.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Inspired by a main board thread, somebody show me where the great flaw in the following is:

To Columbus
2nd overall pick in 2022

To New Jersey
6th overall pick in 2022
Fiala (extended)
Minnesota's 2022 1st round pick (25-27 probably)

To Minnesota
Holtz
12th overall pick in 2022

Columbus gives up #6 and #12 to move up to #2.
Minnesota trades Fiala for Holtz + moving up in ~13-15 spots in the 1st round
New Jersey gains Fiala + late first for Holtz + moving down 4 spots

I think NJ might need a little something more coming their way.
Imo Columbus gets the short end of the stick. Imo, not a good draft to have 2nd oa. I’d rather have NJ and MN offers. Maybe that’s it?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Imo Columbus gets the short end of the stick. Imo, not a good draft to have 2nd oa. I’d rather have NJ and MN offers. Maybe that’s it?

I think it's a bad draft to have 1oa. Slaf and Nemec are on par with other draft's top d-man and wings and fine for a 2oa pick.

It's just another weak draft year for centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad