Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - 2022-23 Edition - Postseason Success can't be a Myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
New thread for a new season. Since threads aren't limited to only 1k post counts anymore, I figure a nice break by season should be good.

Old thread

Let's hope this offseason leads to another good regular season... and MAYBE a better post season? Pretty please?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I get the feeling that some teams might be more interested in sending a protected 2023 1st for Fiala. A team like Ottawa probably doesn't wanna trade #7 for him, but they might be more amenable to trading a 2023 top 5 or 10 protected 1st. That way they have a chance of sending a much later pick, but are still protected if Fiala doesn't help them make the playoffs.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I get the feeling that some teams might be more interested in sending a protected 2023 1st for Fiala. A team like Ottawa probably doesn't wanna trade #7 for him, but they might be more amenable to trading a 2023 top 5 or 10 protected 1st. That way they have a chance of sending a much later pick, but are still protected if Fiala doesn't help them make the playoffs.
how much does OTT want Fiala though? they just fried their GM so they may have lost interest now ( i dont recall if it was the GM or a scout that wanted Fiala)

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
how much does OTT want Fiala though? they just fried their GM so they may have lost interest now ( i dont recall if it was the GM or a scout that wanted Fiala)

I just used them as an example. I don't know who wants Fiala or not. I just know what the rumors suggest.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I just used them as an example. I don't know who wants Fiala or not. I just know what the rumors suggest.
I assume at least half the league has interest in him until a price is asked. I just hope at the very least we get a deal equivalent to Reinharts.

i like the Holtz + quite a bit for obvious reasons but maybe the kings do help us more with something around Vilardi +.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I don't know the cap stuff as well as most of you guys, and am too lazy to look right now, but I hope we keep Middleton, get rid of Dumba, trade Fiala, and see what is available via trade/free agency for a center.

Listened to Army and Russo Podcast yesterday - unsure if Rossi needs another year or two but being small and having that heal scare leads me to prefer waiting on him, even if his entry level contract make it make sense. But happy to have Addison up.

Unsure goalie stuff - sounds like Wallstedt will be signed but will need him in AHL for a couple of years.

Was fine with most of the moves this year from Billy G. Not a fan of Deslauriers - I get needing some beef and taking fights away from Moose but too slow to get in on forecheck in today's game...no offense, etc.

Last, I think Jost can be a big piece next year given the opportunity. Don't think he has Fiala-like skills but I think getting him for Sturm can end up being really good for the Wild.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I assume at least half the league has interest in him until a price is asked. I just hope at the very least we get a deal equivalent to Reinharts.

i like the Holtz + quite a bit for obvious reasons but maybe the kings do help us more with something around Vilardi +.
I've always been a fan of Vilardi, but he's running out of runway. Gonna be 23 at the start of next year and I'm not sure he's even a better NHL player than Jost or Greenway. Even if Holtz isn't on the table, I'd much rather go after a younger drafted prospect and a 1st.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I've always been a fan of Vilardi, but he's running out of runway. Gonna be 23 at the start of next year and I'm not sure he's even a better NHL player than Jost or Greenway. Even if Holtz isn't on the table, I'd much rather go after a younger drafted prospect and a 1st.
Indeed he is not trending up but is that a part of usage or just not gonna make it?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Indeed he is not trending up but is that a part of usage or just not gonna make it?

Maybe a bit of both. He's probably not scoring as much as he could if he was given top 6 ice time, but I wouldn't acquire him expecting him to become a 60 point guy with top 6 ice time either.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Maybe a bit of both. He's probably not scoring as much as he could if he was given top 6 ice time, but I wouldn't acquire him expecting him to become a 60 point guy with top 6 ice time either.
Shame. PLD is a free agent, 60 points this season. What do you think he would fetch, I forget what the knocks on him were when the jets acquired him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Shame. PLD is a free agent, 60 points this season. What do you think he would fetch, I forget what the knocks on him were when the jets acquired him.

I think Schefiele is the one they move. I don't see them moving PLD without an upgrade at center coming back.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Diorion is still their GM and Russo said on a podcast recently that he knows for a fact that the senators want Fiala badly.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Diorion is still their GM and Russo said on a podcast recently that he knows for a fact that the senators want Fiala badly.

It kinda seems like based on all the rumors, Fiala for 7 could actually happen, I just don't want to get my hopes up.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It kinda seems like based on all the rumors, Fiala for 7 could actually happen, I just don't want to get my hopes up.
Yeah I think it’s a real possibility. Ottawa has been open to saying they don’t want to keep waiting for players to develop, and there has been reports of their love for Fiala even going back to 2019. I don’t know if it’s #7, 2023 too 5 protected, or what. But they’re my betting favorites right now. However, Guerin never does what I deem logical in the off-season so I almost half expect him to trade Fiala to Boston for Ullmark + Debrusk

ahh wrong pierre got fired my oops.
No worries.

Reactions: AKL

Southern Minny

Nov 29, 2021
It's going to be a tough 3 years on paper, but we need to keep who we want and need here in 3 years when we will have the money to help build, we don't know how the young guys will actually turn out, but we need to keep the best of what we got now and help them along. It will be interesting to follow what we do the next five month.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I’d be trying to sell high on every player except Kaprizov. I’d even say Boldy is on the table if you blow me away, not looking to trade but listen to high bids.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’d be trying to sell high on every player except Kaprizov. I’d even say Boldy is on the table if you blow me away, not looking to trade but listen to high bids.

What are you looking to trade them for, and if you're trading guys like Boldy, what's the point of even keeping Kaprizov?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just don’t see Fiala signing a long-term deal in Ottawa.
He has never had a big payday, and isn't in a position to turn one down. Next year OTT will have Sanderson to join Chabot on D, Stutzle, Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, a healthy Pinto, maybe Grieg. That's some nice young talent. Ottawa isn't a bad city, either. A bit stuffy because of all the government, but pretty nice, and some great countryside.

Whether OTT will loosen the purse strings to sign him is another question.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
What are you looking to trade them for, and if you're trading guys like Boldy, what's the point of even keeping Kaprizov?
Not really wanting to trade Boldy just willing to listen on offers of stupid overpayment. I’d be wanting a center of equal skill plus picks for Boldy. Greenway and Foligno will get attention for their size so start the ask at a 1st and be willing to take a 2nd or two or prospects. Zucc/Dumba trade for futures for the cap relief. Once those are complete listen to Middleton and Fiala on their wants. All those dominos have to fall before you go and trade all the depth away just to resign similar pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln