Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - 2022-23 Edition - Postseason Success can't be a Myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Crazy to think about Kaprizov's family (when he starts one) and Zuccarello's family all living in the same household together when they're like 40-50. It'll be like a sitcom. Luckily they're both rich so they can buy a pretty big house to fit everyone in.

Someone insert a funny sitcom title here. Maybe something cheeky about a Russian and a Norwegian.
Rear footage of Zucc's castle in Edina, should be room for Kirill here.

I love that huge kitchen with three crystal chandeliers over the island.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
If the cap goes up by 4 mil and we can get Flower to retire then maybe both Johansson and Nyqvist can stay. I´m thinking Gus accepts 2x2,15 to get us out of cap hell. When that happens the cap should be up by 8-10 mil so add that 15 mil penalty we are looking at 25 mil extra for players compared to today. Then we can pay Gus big time

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If the cap goes up by 4 mil and we can get Flower to retire then maybe both Johansson and Nyqvist can stay. I´m thinking Gus accepts 2x2,15 to get us out of cap hell. When that happens the cap should be up by 8-10 mil so add that 15 mil penalty we are looking at 25 mil extra for players compared to today. Then we can pay Gus big time

That would be massive for us, hope it happens.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Amazing news. There will be some large UFA contracts dished out this summer then.

Reactions: Sweetnut

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

that Tweet is from October, I believe it has already been determined cap is only going up 1 million next year

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
that Tweet is from October, I believe it has already been determined cap is only going up 1 million next year
Couldn't this actually be a blessing in disguise? If we get one year closer to getting out of the cap hell, couldn't that help counter the huge inflation of salaries for players from one year to the next?
As in each FA season the cost goes up*

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Calen Addison for Connor McMichael as a base is something I would be interested in attempting if I were Guerin. Washington could be tempted to have another distributor on the PP to get Ovechkin his goals, and both players would likely benefit from fresh situations in different organizations. Its a little odd because both teams are trading away players at positions of weakness, but I don't think either organization has trust in their own player anyway.

McMichael would be a lot more useful as a finisher on the Wild with our playmaking wingers compared to Washington and I think there is some upside there that could be unlocked.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Let's just say...

Trade Zucc
Trade Foligno
Buy out Fleury (if you can't trade him)

Trade for Mittelstadt

Sign Duhaime for $1M
Sign Shaw for $800k
Sign Johansson + Nyquist + Gustavsson for $9M combined

Kaprizov - Mittelstadt - Boldy
Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Nyquist
3LW - Gaudreau - Hartman
Duhaime - Dewar - Shaw
Whoever

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Spurgeon
Merrill - 3RD
Goligoski

Gustavsson
2G

$6.9M in cap space to find a 3LW, 3RD and 2G (or $5.9M if you want to leave a $1M cushion).

Reactions: Wild11MN

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Continue here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4