Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - 2022-23 Edition - Postseason Success can't be a Myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Time will tell, but i see 97 asking for a trade in the next two years.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sadly, I think this'll end up being accurate. The kid is a big-game player, and a hugely competitive superstar. I don't see him wanting to stick around through the cap years.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We be par the course. Guy has been a pain in the ass. Strikes me as the type of guy who would do that. I do think he likes it here though, fans have embraced him

Southern Minny

Nov 29, 2021
Why is it that we have to think Kirill will ask for a trade? Why couldn't we be the team that guys want to come to and play with Kirill? Granted I get we're in cap hell, but I think Kirill is the type to want to notch his own legacy in the NHL instead of riding someone else's. JMO

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Why is it that we have to think Kirill will ask for a trade? Why couldn't we be the team that guys want to come to and play with Kirill? Granted I get we're in cap hell, but I think Kirill is the type to want to notch his own legacy in the NHL instead of riding someone else's. JMO
I think you answered your own question. Kirill will be 28 by the time we get through this, at the back end of his prime.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Kap is a winner and he knows what it takes to win championships. Dead cap, Playoff flops, and not having a roster capable of winning are things even us fans can see.

Will he demand a trade? I dunno. Will he bolt as a UFA? I dunno. Will he re-sign with MN? I dunno. These are all options that can and should be considered though.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
You are worried that Kaprizov wants out at some point. Still some of you want to trade his best buddy...I don't get it.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
You are worried that Kaprizov wants out at some point. Still some of you want to trade his best buddy...I don't get it.
Itd help if he wasn’t 34 and coming off an abysmal postseason display. But I generally agree, I think he stays to keep Kirill happy

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I would be all ears in hearing trade offers. Guy is in his prime and we will most likely be wasting his best years. If we can get a kings ransom for him and he puts up another 100 pt season, at least see what his market value is.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
I would be all ears in hearing trade offers. Guy is in his prime and we will most likely be wasting his best years. If we can get a kings ransom for him and he puts up another 100 pt season, at least see what his market value is.
I mean with all due respect, certain wild fans need to take a step back and take a breath. Losing doesn't mean we go out and trade everyone like our franchise in kaprizov. Can we please stop with this,?

Reactions: JBurd1

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Props to Fenton for getting Zuccarello here I guess. I can't even believe his foresight to go out and get the only other NHL player Kaprizov will ever like playing with. Before we even got Kaprizov here, no less.

You're right, Fenton certainly had Kaprizov in mind when he signed Zuccarello. And what a success it was ;)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Something has to be done about the centers, defense and goaltending.

You cannot go into next season with Hartman-Ek-Gaudreau as your centers.

I think we should be going for more offense oriented bottom pair defensemen. I'm not sure Middletone is a great option for the top 4. Serviceable, maybe. Kulikov can go. Trade Goligoski before his NMC kicks in.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I see Talbot being traded after the upset and his wife going on twitter calling out the coach and team. Likely to re-sign Fleury and go with a serviceable younger backup. Guerin loves his good ole boy Pens. IMO our biggest needs are down center ice and cleaning up our defense.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Something has to be done about the centers, defense and goaltending.

You cannot go into next season with Hartman-Ek-Gaudreau as your centers.

I think we should be going for more offense oriented bottom pair defensemen. I'm not sure Middletone is a great option for the top 4. Serviceable, maybe. Kulikov can go. Trade Goligoski before his NMC kicks in.

So 2 trades:
-Dumba for an upgrade at center
-Fiala for an upgrade to Dumba.
-The players coming back are a combined ~$10m.

Or the hope and pray route that Addison, Rossi, and Wallstedt all hit their ceilings before the Playoffs start next season.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Since bg enjoys pens players, how far out of his prime is Malkin? I know he still had talent and has shown it a bit. Is that gonna be worth signing for a year or so though?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Since bg enjoys pens players, how far out of his prime is Malkin? I know he still had talent and has shown it a bit. Is that gonna be worth signing for a year or so though?

I think the question is how much is GMBG willing to overpay Malkin to sign here.

It's been injury problems for Malkin the last few years. He's still been a ppg center when he's been in the lineup though.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It would not surprise me in the slightest to see Fiala and Dumba both moved, and then Malkin brought in for 1-2 years on a fairly big contract. Between the Guerin connection from Pittsburgh, the need for a center, the Russian connection with Kaprizov, etc, I really think Guerin is going to try hard to get Malkin here.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It would not surprise me in the slightest to see Fiala and Dumba both moved, and then Malkin brought in for 1-2 years on a fairly big contract. Between the Guerin connection from Pittsburgh, the need for a center, the Russian connection with Kaprizov, etc, I really think Guerin is going to try hard to get Malkin here.
I see him willing to overpay on a two year deal for him. If he stays healthy I may not even be angry about that specific move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA