Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - 2022-23 Edition - Postseason Success can't be a Myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Guerin seems to love veterans, age 35+. Extended Goligoski, will probably re-sign Fleury, and then maybe pick up Malkin.
I guess this would mean goodbye to Talbot, Fiala and Dumba. If he signs Malkin there's probably no room for Rossi.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Guerin seems to love veterans, age 35+. Extended Goligoski, will probably re-sign Fleury, and then maybe pick up Malkin.
I guess this would mean goodbye to Talbot, Fiala and Dumba. If he signs Malkin there's probably no room for Rossi.

Malkin and Rossi would be 2 completely different roster spots. Malkin would be the 1C for Kap/Zucc. There is still room for Rossi on the 3rd line with Boldy and Hartman?

Rossi might be ready at the start of next season, but he may also be better off in the AHL for awhile longer.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I’m on board with Malkin, would be the best center we’ve had in years so can’t really complain about the age 😂

Too many connections

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Malkin and Rossi would be 2 completely different roster spots. Malkin would be the 1C for Kap/Zucc. There is still room for Rossi on the 3rd line with Boldy and Hartman?

Rossi might be ready at the start of next season, but he may also be better off in the AHL for awhile longer.

Yeah Hartman could go to wing and replace Fiala, that's an option. Then it looks better for Rossi.

Did you read Russo's fresh article about his offseason thoughts? He thinks Jost could be traded, didn't really do much here.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Adding Jost with that extra year at $2m only to immediately realize there isn't much there and try to dump him would be... about what I expect at this point, I guess.

Edit: I'll walk that back a bit. If Jost's traded at all, as long as Guerin doesn't have to pay to drop his contract it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah Hartman could go to wing and replace Fiala, that's an option. Then it looks better for Rossi.

Did you read Russo's fresh article about his offseason thoughts? He thinks Jost could be traded, didn't really do much here.

I don't read Russo outside of pregame/gameday tweets.

I'd rather have Rossi on the wing while he cuts his teeth in the NHL. Let him get acclimated to the speed and physicality of the NHL game without the information overload. I don't see the 4C spot as a good option for Rossi.

This holds true for most young centers, not just a Rossi thing.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Since bg enjoys pens players, how far out of his prime is Malkin? I know he still had talent and has shown it a bit. Is that gonna be worth signing for a year or so though?

I’ve watched every Pens game in this series and I’m not exaggerating when I say he’s been brutal in all but one game. He’s a TO machine and does not move. He’s been horrible and you can tell he’s slowing down. I want nothing to do with him, but Guerin will likely feel differently because you know, it’s Guerin.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Malkin will NEVER come here, unless we pay him a huge amount of $$. Where in the hell are we going to find the cap space?
ridiculous idea.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
I dont want to see Kap go hes the best thing thats happened since Modano.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I remember several people last summer wanting to trade for him and extend him.

The buyouts and Kap's $9m/yr deal changed the math on lots of things from the beginning of last summer compared to the end of it.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I recall seeing that as well now that you say it but currently I don’t think anyone is lobbying to go after him.
I’d take him if you trade Dumba and Fiala and can get him for like two years at $5 mil. Would prefer Trocheck.

Ideally we trade Fiala+27 for NJD #2 and draft Cooley. Then trade Dumba for a late 1st or early 2nd and snag Chesley. Trade Talbot for a 3rd or 4th. Use that money on Trocheck, re-sign Fleury under $4, a 3rd line winger, and depth @ G and F.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I’d take him if you trade Dumba and Fiala and can get him for like two years at $5 mil. Would prefer Trocheck.

Ideally we trade Fiala+27 for NJD #2 and draft Cooley. Then trade Dumba for a late 1st or early 2nd and snag Chesley. Trade Talbot for a 3rd or 4th. Use that money on Trocheck, re-sign Fleury under $4, a 3rd line winger, and depth @ G and F.
i dont know that NJD would trade #2. that scenario signs nice with those trades i just wont ever expect that to go in our way ever. i suppose i could wrap my head around a malkin signing if its reasonably priced but i still dont want it. since he cant win a faceoff im starting to think of him as a scoring winger who just lines up at center. the few pens games i watched he didnt stand out defensively.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
What about something around this?

To Min: (Buf) #9oa + John Peterka

To Buf: Fiala+3rd

Peterka was almost ppg in AHL. Could even add Dumba/Goli if Buf has any dmen we want .
(Assuming we can’t get a better pick in draft)

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It's breakup day, players available to the media, Guerin and Evason tomorrow.

Talbot says he wants to stay, what happened in the playoffs is in the past. Fleury would also like to stay.
I guess Guerin will keep both of them.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

I cannot stress how bad he was in their series against the Rags, like horrendously bad. $5M is fine, but he's not one ounce of what he used to be.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It's breakup day, players available to the media, Guerin and Evason tomorrow.

Talbot says he wants to stay, what happened in the playoffs is in the past. Fleury would also like to stay.
I guess Guerin will keep both of them.
Reading the Fleury quotes, I did not get this sentiment. To me it sounded like "This was a good time, more fun than Chicago. Thanks Minnesota!" His quotes didn't say that he wouldn't re-sign in Minnesota, but it also didn't sound like he's overly likely to.

Also telling was Talbot using "we" and Fleury using "they" when speaking of the Wild's roster. If anything, I would guess that Fleury will go to the best combination of skilled roster and good money. Maybe that's Minnesota, and maybe it's not. Maybe I'm reading too far into things, though. Who knows?

Bonin21

May 1, 2014

Peterka was almost ppg in AHL. Could even add Dumba/Goli if Buf has any dmen we want .
It is a weak draft and I wouldn't expect all that much out of #9.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Reading the Fleury quotes, I did not get this sentiment. To me it sounded like "This was a good time, more fun than Chicago. Thanks Minnesota!" His quotes didn't say that he wouldn't re-sign in Minnesota, but it also didn't sound like he's overly likely to.

Also telling was Talbot using "we" and Fleury using "they" when speaking of the Wild's roster. If anything, I would guess that Fleury will go to the best combination of skilled roster and good money. Maybe that's Minnesota, and maybe it's not. Maybe I'm reading too far into things, though. Who knows?
Fleury's agent is Walsh. Stuff made of nightmares.

Reactions: BagHead

Wabit

May 23, 2016

This is GMBG. If it's a BUF trade then his former teammate Okposo is part of the return.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad