Tracking the Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Couldn't care less what other teams do. Just win, baby. If the CBJ end up with 55, I think they're in. In no way do I think DET or MIN are a lock to do what they need to do. Win out, put the pressure on them and see what happens. If the CBJ miss out by a point, it hurts, but boy does it fuel these guys during the long, long offseason.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
edit: AND THEY MIGHT BE STARTING (chris) MASON INSTEAD OF RINNE.

They will probably start Rinne against us. Not sure what that is all about. I do know the low odds of Nashville winning just got worse.

Angry viqsi is ANGRY.

Is fire in their future?

On an unrelated side now, I find that head to head not being valid because of a "small sample size" to be pretty darn funny. I guess going 5-0 with two games going into SO is too tiny of a sample size to determine which one of the two is better than the other. The unbalanced schedule argument made back a month or two ago was far better than this one.

I love that taking a record without an considerate of who the opponents were and how many games against them, where they played them (road or home), etc is a "better" method of determining who is better.

I agree that SO's are a nuisance, but this ROW thing is a garbage resolution to it.

Ultimately, we'll probably lose tonight and make it moot.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hey, guys, guess who's not playing tonight but will be back in Preds gold for the CBJ game?

If you guessed "Filip Forsberg, sent down then called back up from Milwaukee", you get the prize!

I feel betrayed.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
On an unrelated side now, I find that head to head not being valid because of a "small sample size" to be pretty darn funny. I guess going 5-0 with two games going into SO is too tiny of a sample size to determine which one of the two is better than the other. The unbalanced schedule argument made back a month or two ago was far better than this one.

I love that taking a record without an considerate of who the opponents were and how many games against them, where they played them (road or home), etc is a "better" method of determining who is better.

Right, because we totally should decide the "better" team by using a maximum of 8% of their schedule, as opposed to using 100% of the season.

You don't get into the playoffs because of how your team played for a month or Columbus would be in it. You don't get into the playoffs for how you played for a half season, or Columbus would be in it. And you certainly don't get in the playoffs for how you played for 4 games, (remember the first game gets thrown out this season) especially when there is a much better method for breaking the tie.

Over the course of the entire season, Detroit has been able defeat 20 teams in 65 minutes or less. Columbus has only been able to defeat 17 teams using the same criteria.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hey, guys, guess who's not playing tonight but will be back in Preds gold for the CBJ game?

If you guessed "Filip Forsberg, sent down then called back up from Milwaukee", you get the prize!

I feel betrayed.

Forsberg doesn't matter. It's Chris Mason that we have to worry about. Horrible horrible horrible.

Paisano*

If you listen to Siriuis XM, the Wings are already in the playoffs. All they are talking about is what a great series it will be between Detroit and Chicago now that the Wings have come back to life. Some predicting they will take out the Hawks. sigh.........:shakehead

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If you listen to Siriuis XM, the Wings are already in the playoffs. All they are talking about is what a great series it will be between Detroit and Chicago now that the Wings have come back to life. Some predicting they will take out the Hawks. sigh.........:shakehead

The odds are in their favor but it's not locked up yet.. As for the first round, Detroit is very experienced and they have Howard who is playing well, anything can happen.. That said the Hawks win the series 4-2..

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
****ing Trotz giving a freebie to his homeboy Babcock... bet the Stars is going to play Nilstrop against the Wings.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Doubters.

Gonna win tonight. So are the Wings.

Saturday, we're going to roll the Preds. Then, after the game, nobody leaves, as the Wings/Stars game is put on the scoreboard. The players watch on the ice. The Wings blow a third period lead and lose.

Pure glory.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Doubters.

Saturday, we're going to roll the Preds. Then, after the game, nobody leaves, as the Wings/Stars game is put on the scoreboard. The players watch on the ice. The Wings blow a third period lead and lose.

Pure glory.
I think the Wings - Stars game also starts at 7pm ET, so it will probably end at about the same time as ours, but your scenario is perfect nonetheless. :handclap:

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
Doubters.

Pure glory.

what you have just described brought a tear of joy to my eye

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Doubters.

Pure glory.

Holy effing ****.

"Hockey gods! Restore our faith!"

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
We waited together for the cowards to come
Outgunned and outnumbered but we wouldn’t run
No mercy, no quarter
They’ll pay for their sins
Now lower the cannons the battle begins

Link no work??

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
No mercy, no quarter

Link no work??

Fixed it for you. You only need to put the seemingly-random assortment of characters after the "=" in the URL of the video in between the

letsgojackets

Feb 2, 2005
No mercy, no quarter

Link no work??

I know this waaaayyyy early but this may top my list for intro songs next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad