Tough life in the Metropolitan division

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
There’s no doubt the Metro is a weaker division this year than last, even if there are no bottom feeders.

It had numerous legit heavyweight. Now I don’t think there are other contenders there than the Pens. All due respect to the division leading caps, but last years iteration was much stronger.

Pens extending their vacation to 2018 is what has them off Tampa/Boston pace.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
do you want some cheese to go with all that whine?

I didn't say anything about "my team" winning. I was just pointing out how pathetic you sounded. "wah, they do it to us too!"
You seem to do lots of projecting and have a hard time with the truth :nod:

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
You seem to do lots of projecting and have a hard time with the truth :nod:
that's quite the humongous irony there. I don't make posts reeking of inferiority complex about other teams/fanbases. I think I can handle the truth pretty easily unlike your Caps homies...

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
that's quite the humongous irony there. I don't make posts reeking of inferiority complex about other teams/fanbases. I think I can handle the truth pretty easily unlike your Caps homies...
Aren't you a Pitts homie. You just proved my point - hypocrite.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Lol at that one preds fan basically giving his team no credit. Lucky for you, your team didn't have that same loser mentality...

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Go back and read my original post! I said this years team is way better than the team that Pittsburgh played in the finals.

you've literally just said, Pens should've swept...its also funny how the penguins are the greatest team ever now and should've have won 65 games last year yet no one was giving them a chance after Letang went down. I guess you gotta get your passive aggressive shots in when you got nothing else.....

Also regarding Caps fans, they have no room to talk about other fan bases, their board is cluttered with ref blaming and victim mentality...pretty must every single time they lose. No one even discusses hockey there.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I'm not sure your thread really proves your point. All you've done is prove that Tampa and Boston have benefitted the most from playing the other five in your division. Toronto less so, but still near the top.

That's precisely our point.

Near the top? I think you meant bottom 10, they had benefitted second least out of the entire eastern conference. And there are more Metro teams in that top 10 than Atlantic teams.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
The flyers have a 10 game losing streak this year, and their in a playoff spot. They had a 10 game winning streak last year, and were out of it by this point. what a weird turn of events

Flyers lead the conference is loser points. If you remove the OT loser point, they wouldnt be close to a playoff team

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Tonight is a pretty big night. The Flyers (66 points, 1st wildcard) play the Jackets (62 points) and the Canes (63 points, 2nd wildcard) play the Isles (62 points). A Philly and Carolina regulation win can put some distance between them and the bubble teams while a CBJ and NYI win makes this whole thing even crazier heading into stretch.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Flyers lead the conference is loser points. If you remove the OT loser point, they wouldnt be close to a playoff team
The Flyers have the 6th most regulation and overtime wins in the conference. They're 1-5 in the shootout. The only way they would take away the loser point is if they also took away shootouts so it would probably help the Flyers more than hurt them.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Flyers are a legit playoff team, any team that loses 10 in a row but still finds a way to climb back into top 3 deserves to be there...and this is is coming from a pens fan.

NJGoalie

May 4, 2010
Kashyyyk
The Flyers have the 6th most regulation and overtime wins in the conference. They're 1-5 in the shootout. The only way they would take away the loser point is if they also took away shootouts so it would probably help the Flyers more than hurt them.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... why did you have to go and bring logic into this? Don't you know where you are?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad