Tough guy

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Like I said at other times;

Signing an enforcer is just about giving an option to your coach. But on a Therrien-coached team, and in the current reality, I feel like it's an option we must have.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
I would look into Matt Pelech if still not signed by SJ (UFA to be).

Can play D in the A but in the NHL, he would be a 4th line enforcer type.

2 way deal would be ideal but might have to offer a 1way to distance ourselves of possible other teams offer. We have the money to afford a 1way deal in the minors if he doesn't work out full time (no cap hit for salary lower then 900k).

habsroom

May 6, 2009
Canada
Was looking at cap geek, there's Chris Thorburn, Cody McCormick and Troy Brody that are free agents. Those 3 should be on top of our list!!

Those 3 guys are second rate enforcers and could not stand in and fight top heaveyweights. We have Moen/Prust/Tinordi(i hope)and Weise that can fight the second tier fighters we need a guy that will take the pressure off them when it comes to top fighters. YES BRETT GALLANT IS SMALL BUT HAS AN AMAZING FIGHT CARD AND HE CAN STAND UP TO ANYONE PLAYING HOCKEY WHEN IT COMES TO FIGHTING.

Last edited:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Is this going to be one of those things were you post a claim that having an enforcer will protect players from getting injured, then say 'no-one is claiming that enforcers prevent injuries' when people point out the obvious?

We've done that before, no need to repeat. I will repeat a couple of questions that you usually like to not answer:

A) How many times has George Parros fough Milan Lucic?
B) How many times has Brandon Prust fought Milan Lucic?
C) Why did Brandon Prust fight Milan Lucic when (on one occasion) Mike Rupp and (on another occasion) Derek Boogard when on the same roster and dressed?
D) Given the above, why do you think signing an enforcer will make the slightest difference as to whether Prust will fight Lucic. We already saw Prust fight Thornton last season when Parros was on the ice.

I like your reply. A lot. It displays your ignorance for all to see.

You have the mindset that since Parros did not fight Lucic that it could not happen and thus nothing needs to be done.

In your ignorance, you overlook the reality that hockey players talk to each other before during and after the game.

Seeing how Lucic targeted Emelins nuts when Parros was not around....and that Lucic was on his best behavior when Parros was dressed, Lucic must be a great listener.

Thanks again.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
And another masterful ignoring of the point SouthernHab. If we had an enforcer who could destroy opponents the way you destroy strawmen, I think we'd all be happy.

I was addressing your (often proved wrong) theory that an enforcer on the roster would prevent Prust from fighting Lucic. As, of course, you're well aware.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not sure Bergevin will budge..leafs let Orr and McClaren sit for long periods, Boston let thornton walk...john scott is useless...Ottawa is a problem..but TB and Fla not...

I think he let's Prust and Tinordi handle it until one of Nievins or Crisp is ready

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
And another masterful ignoring of the point SouthernHab. If we had an enforcer who could destroy opponents the way you destroy strawmen, I think we'd all be happy.

I was addressing your (often proved wrong) theory that an enforcer on the roster would prevent Prust from fighting Lucic. As, of course, you're well aware.

What's your point?

Spit it out. Plain English.

I never said that having an enforcer will prevent Prust from fighting Lucic. Prust is a grown man who will fight pretty much anyone to stick up for his teammates. As it is his prerogative.

You are confusing prerogative with imperative.

Now see if you can find a way to squeeze in the word strawman again. I think its cute.

Last edited:

Analyzer*

Chris Thorburn. Guy can play and he can fight.

Pretty much everyone else that's been mention sucks when it comes to actual hockey.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I like your reply...

...Seeing how Lucic targeted Emelins nuts when Parros was not around....and that Lucic was on his best behavior when Parros was dressed, Lucic must be a great listener.

Yup, I don't want to see that again...Lucic violently targeting Emelin's nuts from behind like a coward that he is.

I want a prevent-or/protector/goon/policeman...whatever you call him...get one 'cause it's a long regular season...we will need a protector VS the Bruins, Leafs,etc,etc...

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
If we go this route it should be some fresh legs and someone who can play good.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
We're looking for a goon?
who can play hockey?
I believe that the proper term is serviceable

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
L
You know what? We should get Thorburn AND Gallant.
Everyone who wanted enforcers would be happy but then now you'd have people saying
we need smaller talented players like Desharnais since we can now protect em... yadda yadda yadda yadda---:shakehead

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No thanks, goons are 100% useless and a waste of a roster spot

If that was the case, they would not exist.

With the type of team we have, some smaller players and young guys, it's well worth it. Especially against teams like Ottawa, Boston, Toronto Phillie and Buffalo.

If you did a poll of Habs players the large majority would want one...

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
No thanks, goons are 100% useless and a waste of a roster spot
If that was the case, they would not exist..

Touche!! :fence:

Goons, strongmen, enforcers, protectors, call them what you want but they are an integral part of the game just like a goalpost is an integral part of the net.

Every junior team had a big guy to make sure guys like Crosby or Toews or Lemieux were not taken advantage of or worse, INJURED while playing. Things havent changed.

Ignore that fact and you're letting teams who have them lay waste to your smaller players without anyone to protect them AND youre telling your players that they are just there to make money for you and win or lose, that you dont need to protect them. Then just try having your players play hard for your team after they know that they are just expendable 'meat' in your eyes...

NOT having people there to protect your teammates sends a very bad message to the club...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Touche!! :fence:

Goons, strongmen, enforcers, protectors, call them what you want but they are an integral part of the game just like a goalpost is an integral part of the net.

Every junior team had a big guy to make sure guys like Crosby or Toews or Lemieux were not taken advantage of or worse, INJURED while playing. Things havent changed.

Ignore that fact and you're letting teams who have them lay waste to your smaller players without anyone to protect them AND youre telling your players that they are just there to make money for you and win or lose, that you dont need to protect them. Then just try having your players play hard for your team after they know that they are just expendable 'meat' in your eyes...

NOT having people there to protect your teammates sends a very bad message to the club...

Especially when the cost is just a roster spot and about 1% of the total salary cap.

Not like you have to take up 6-8% of the cap to get a player for limited minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad