Tough guy

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Very long 82 game season...we need protection VS Bruins, Leafs, Ottawa,etc,etc. A ''protector/preventor from bullies'' doesn't guarantee less injuries, but a protector can definitely help us from bullying during a long 82 game season (can definitely help minimize injuries/bullying, imo, unless...EVERY team removes their goons, but there's still huge ***** like Chara and Lucic out there...guys that can play hockey and still bully/injure/cheat-be dirty,etc).

I don't want Tinordi fighting a lot...we need his size/grit out there on the ice, not in the penalty box (of course Tinordi will defend his teammates if a Gallagher or PK Subban gets violently cross-checked in the face or hit from behind,etc, and Tinordi is on the ice to do something about it or better...prevent it). Prust...if he doesn't play hockey the way he can play, then the green light is on for more fights/protecting teammates! but, if Prust plays solid/gritty good 3rd-4th line hockey the way he can, then...I don't want him fighting often! Moen...he's done enough fighting for us, time for someone else to protect teammates. Let Moen play smart simple but solid defensive gritty hockey the way he can.

Only vs Bruins, Leafs, Ottawa, etc:
<John Scott
<Luke Gadzic
<Brett Gallant

P.S.: how is that Steph Fournier coming along for us? Still 2-3 yrs away? AHL? Habs?

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
<John Scott
<Luke Gadzic
<Brett Gallant

I wouldn't mind any of the above 3 to replace Parros in a similar role

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
<John Scott
<Luke Gadzic
<Brett Gallant

We are not getting gadzic, Scott is a lumbering oaf so gallant is in by default at least for now.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Yeah guys like parros are such a drag that our previous pugilist celebrated his signing and after going after our midget captain and ko ing rene bourque, colton orr got handsy with our norris winning defenseman, once.

the /end thread/ thing makes you look like an ass. The players want fights so they must also be wrong in the light of you knowledge.

FFS its a discussion board, you dont like people voicing opinions that dont align with yours, get a better perspective rather than coming acroos as some self appointed authority.

Pretty magical powers from a fellow in the pressbox, imagine if he was on the ice. :laugh:

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
<John Scott
<Luke Gadzic
<Brett Gallant

How some of you manage to believe that Scott belongs on this team is beyond me.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
How some of you manage to believe that Scott belongs on this team is beyond me.

Reading skills suffer much?

Replace Parros in a similar role means what to you exactly?
Limited minutes, pound on someone, wave to the crowd and have a seat

Did Parros do any different this year?

The vegetarian, staubitz, parros, all played 4-6 mins/gm. If a player hurts you playing that then the coach should be sent to remedial coaching school for failing at a multitude of things

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Tough doesn't have to mean fighting - we need more guys that can throw a good clean hit :hit::yo:
You don't have to fight to be tough but how effective do you think a guy 5 foot 9 and giving up 40-50 pounds is going to be?

Again if we could get bigger we could, conceivably, think about going Sans enforcer. Buy our team next year will likely, again, be the smallest in the nhl. It'd hard to stem those tides.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
So we make rules for single players now?

You were the one that used Lucic as the example.

When lucic ran miller they did what you suggest,turned the other cheek and we're lambasted for it internally and externally. They made up for it the next time they played.

No they didn't. How did they make up for it the next time they played?

And if bgl dud his freaking job, you would have had your example.

So there isn't an example?

But it's nice that lucic can spear guys in the jewels and our only response is to cry to the refs

But yet you're talking about Lucic again as if every other team has a player who regularly beats up Milan Lucic...

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
As long as we ice the smallest team in the league, we are going to need some beef. If its not parros, it has to be someone other than prust and tinordi. If its no one, expect a lot more rene bourque-like KO's.

Explain how Parros sitting on the bench would have prevented Orr punching Bourque?

Then explain why Orr did basically the same thing (only without the concussion) to a Bruins player very soon after when Thornton was on the ice.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Explain how Parros sitting on the bench would have prevented Orr punching Bourque?

Then explain why Orr did basically the same thing (only without the concussion) to a Bruins player very soon after when Thornton was on the ice.

Parros fid prevent orr from doing what he did to gionta/bourque to subban.

But sure, let's just hope that bigger tougher teams don't ever try to leverage this advantage against our smaller, softer forward's. And if they do our players should try to hide behind the refs or run like scalded dogs, or we can tell out littleun's the same as we tell prust, if you gotta punch up in weight to fight guyd outside your class, good luck.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
<John Scott
<Luke Gadzic
<Brett Gallant

Gadzik is not a free agent, would be dumb to trade assets for an enforcer, just sign a UFA.

Gallant is a lightweight, like 5'11" 180lbs, smaller than Prust. No use doing that...

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You were the one that used Lucic as the example.

No they didn't. How did they make up for it the next time they played?

So there isn't an example?

But yet you're talking about Lucic again as if every other team has a player who regularly beats up Milan Lucic...

Unless you are willing to see Emelin and or Weise taken out by Lucic, the Habs will need to have someone willing to stand up to him. And we dont need Prust getting injured again fighting that dick.

You remember the handshake line, dont you? Or do you consider Emelin a sacrificial lamb against the Bruins?

Gadzik is not a free agent, would be dumb to trade assets for an enforcer, just sign a UFA.

Gallant is a lightweight, like 5'11" 180lbs, smaller than Prust. No use doing that...

Watch the videos of Gallant. He is not a lightweight.

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
I'll never figure why on this board and this board only that there always people so against having someone who could protect there team mates when needed. I am pretty sure if you were to survey players on the team they would welcome such a player. Parros and Staubitz were very popular in the dressing room and very respected. Once again this would be a part time player for when you play teams that have tough/ dirty players. We have some premium talent to protect i.e. Price, Subban, Chucky, Gally, Patches etc. You can't have players taken liberties.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

We are not getting gadzic but if we could, we should. We traded never will be's for parros and the list of enforcer ufas reads like a D list.
Gadzic, if he were UFA would be the cream of the enforcer crop.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'll never figure why on this board and this board only that there always people so against having someone who could protect there team mates when needed. I am pretty sure if you were to survey players on the team they would welcome such a player. Parros and Staubitz were very popular in the dressing room and very respected. Once again this would be a part time player for when you play teams that have tough/ dirty players. We have some premium talent to protect i.e. Price, Subban, Chucky, Gally, Patches etc. You can't have players taken liberties.

Stockholm syndrome, we have been do small and do soft for so long that we think this is the way things should be.

If orr goes after our captain and bourque is collateral damage, or we'll. When Greg Campbell tunes pyatt with his elbow pad over his fist, well we probably did something to deserve it.

We started one year thus decade as not the consensus softest team in the league and apparently, that's too much for some and we should chose to go back to being the red headed stepchild if the league.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
I'll never figure why on this board and this board only that there always people so against having someone who could protect there team mates when needed.

Because generally they don't do it. They're not capable of being on the ice enough to actually deal with most of the cheapshotters and all if someone doesn't want to fight them, they just decline and make them completely irrelevant. Other than the first game of the season, no-one can actually give an example of Parros protecting anyone.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Unless you are willing to see Emelin and or Weise taken out by Lucic, the Habs will need to have someone willing to stand up to him. And we dont need Prust getting injured again fighting that dick.

Is this going to be one of those things were you post a claim that having an enforcer will protect players from getting injured, then say 'no-one is claiming that enforcers prevent injuries' when people point out the obvious?

We've done that before, no need to repeat. I will repeat a couple of questions that you usually like to not answer:

A) How many times has George Parros fough Milan Lucic?
B) How many times has Brandon Prust fought Milan Lucic?
C) Why did Brandon Prust fight Milan Lucic when (on one occasion) Mike Rupp and (on another occasion) Derek Boogard when on the same roster and dressed?
D) Given the above, why do you think signing an enforcer will make the slightest difference as to whether Prust will fight Lucic. We already saw Prust fight Thornton last season when Parros was on the ice.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Parros fid prevent orr from doing what he did to gionta/bourque to subban

Doesn't really answer the question, does it?

If Parros had been dressed during the game you keep banging on about, Habs were losing, Toronto put out Orr et al and Thierrien with last change and trying to get back in the game replies with Plekanec's line, how does Parros if he had been sitting on the bench affect that sequence?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Not sure about that. They wanted to help Leblanc flourish elsewhere...help others do the same. Or put a small package for other things like a round pick. And trade Holland and maybe another player. Try to be +1 in the contracts signed.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If we're not getting a guy who can play more than 5 minutes I'd rather just pick up a few waiver-exempt AHLers with the potential to be the goon of our dreams.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Parros was traded to Montreal for a 7th + Philippe Lefebvre. Habs brass won't mind trading assets for an enforcer if an enforcer is needed. I think they'll wait to see what happens in Buffalo (Scott), Ottawa (Kassian) & Boston (Thornton). If those teams don't pick up any muscle, I won't be surprise to see the habs start the season without an enforcer.

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
You don't have to fight to be tough but how effective do you think a guy 5 foot 9 and giving up 40-50 pounds is going to be?

Again if we could get bigger we could, conceivably, think about going Sans enforcer. Buy our team next year will likely, again, be the smallest in the nhl. It'd hard to stem those tides.
Yes - until we get Guys like Mike McCarron into the mix :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad