Post-Game Talk: Toronto Wins! HYMAN perfect as a human and andersen on fire

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Freddie stole that one, every single member of the team including coaches, wives, girlfriends, EVERYBODY owes Freddie a stake dinner after last night because they were BAD in the 1st they simply didn't try in the 1st period, without Freddie they lose he hasn't had to steal many games but he did last night
Yes - and Kadri should pick up the tab lol

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I've been hard on Zach Hyman but I have to give him credit. He puts himself in good positions for NHL players to bounce pucks off. His shooting percentage must be at least 10% with the goalie out.
I thought your comment was going to be sincere and then you came in at the end with a great zinger - well played, lol

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Remember the time when we had players like Aki Berg, Brett " -9 " Lebda, Jeff Finger, Staffan "Not Niklas" Kronwall, Bates Battaglia, Luca Caputi and John Pohl?? :cry: :madfire:

What a time to be a Leafs fan :scared:

Aki Berg made a conference final. That was a good time.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Just finished watching the game. Boys started out great but couldn't breakthrough. Glad we stuck with it and won, feels great. Andersen was stellar. Made some really KEY saves at big times.

Hyman was a beast all night. He really made some space for JT and Mitch to do their thing. Mitch. What more is there to say? Guy is a real-life magician on ice. Fascinating watching him do his thing. Sometimes I wonder if he feels he's in the Budweiser Gardens?

4 wins in a row. 2nd in the league.
Marner thinks he's still playing in the OHL the way he's dominating - someone needs to inform him this is the NHL.

Last edited:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This x 1000. The salary cap is definitely a consideration when considering Nylander trades IMO. If we get a cheaper player like Pesce (just as an example) and it helps us resign Gardiner, that factors in to the equation for sure IMO.
I simply do not get the lack of respect that Gardiner is shown. He is a very good D man and we can not let him walk at seasons end. We will sign Nylander and I believe we shed Marleau contract or trade Nylander to resign Gardiner. He never misses games and his skating means that he will be relevant for as many years that we can sign him to. A 6.5m per would be a discount and i believe he would sign for that amount.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I can't believe we're stuck with Zaitsev and that contract through 2023-24 - the guy is completely useless imo. Is there any way the Leafs can somehow unload him and get that cap hit off the books? I'm ready to trade him + a draft pick for nothing in return.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I can't believe we're stuck with Zaitsev and that contract through 2023-24 - the guy is completely useless imo. Is there any way the Leafs can somehow unload him and get that cap hit off the books? I'm ready to trade him + a draft pick for nothing in return.
Do you even watch the games. I am serious.

He has played very well this year now that he has final bought into not being an offensive player. His contract is a gift right now as he is played very solid D and plays a lot on the Pk.

You post would have been bang on last year but way off base this year.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I simply do not get the lack of respect that Gardiner is shown. He is a very good D man and we can not let him walk at seasons end. We will sign Nylander and I believe we shed Marleau contract or trade Nylander to resign Gardiner. He never misses games and his skating means that he will be relevant for as many years that we can sign him to. A 6.5m per would be a discount and i believe he would sign for that amount.
Gardiner is dumb on the ice. Makes a lot of stupid plays, firing the puck blindly across the ice without checking to see if there is someone there. And I'm sick of him slowing down when the puck goes in his corner, just to let the forechecker grab it and throw it to a teammate.

He's frustrating, because when he's on his game, he is excellent. Great skater, he can make some really nice passes, and does a solid job poking the puck off sticks. He's just really inconsistent from one shift to the next

swint

Nov 16, 2014
Team is a point out of first and won four in a row and this is what you notice?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Gardiner is dumb on the ice. Makes a lot of stupid plays, firing the puck blindly across the ice without checking to see if there is someone there. And I'm sick of him slowing down when the puck goes in his corner, just to let the forechecker grab it and throw it to a teammate.

He's frustrating, because when he's on his game, he is excellent. Great skater, he can make some really nice passes, and does a solid job poking the puck off sticks. He's just really inconsistent from one shift to the next
Lol. What a bad assessment. He makes about 10 great plays for every bad play. Name one D man who plays mistake free.

Gardiner is a very good D man and will get over 7m per on the open market and be worth it.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
GF - 3rd
GA - 5th

That's impressive.

But but but our D is mediocre, we can't win a cup with this D core..f*** off bitches

This team is winning the cup as is once Matthews and Nylander are back in the lineup. We literally need no other piece at the moment as long as every player gives their 100% in the playoffs. Every. Single. Game.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Do you even watch the games. I am serious.

He has played very well this year now that he has final bought into not being an offensive player. His contract is a gift right now as he is played very solid D and plays a lot on the Pk.

You post would have been bang on last year but way off base this year.
The issue I have with him is that more often than not he appears to panic when he has the puck and treats it like a grenade

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
The issue I have with him is that more often than not he appears to panic when he has the puck and treats it like a grenade
Look at his results. He has not been on the ice for many goals against after the first 5 games this year. He gets lots of minutes and plays very aggressively and his body position against the rush as well as defending has been great. He boxes out very well and despite his aggressive play his great body position has saw him only get 2 pims this year thus far.
So he does not get scored on and plays against good QOC and plays on our PK and in last minutes when protecting a lead. He is playing his best hockey right now. Far better then his first season.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
But but but our D is mediocre, we can't win a cup with this D core..**** off *****es

This team is winning the cup as is once Matthews and Nylander are back in the lineup. We literally need no other piece at the moment as long as every player gives their 100% in the playoffs. Every. Single. Game.
3rd overall in GF - addition of Matthews and Nylander will be scary

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Look at his results. He has not been on the ice for many goals against after the first 5 games this year. He gets lots of minutes and plays very aggressively and his body position against the rush as well as defending has been great. He boxes out very well and despite his aggressive play his great body position has saw him only get 2 pims this year thus far.
So he does not get scored on and plays against good QOC and plays on our PK and in last minutes when protecting a lead. He is playing his best hockey right now. Far better then his first season.
Ok - Fair enough.

Reactions: diceman934

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad